1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

January Transfer Window 2020

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Blochairnbhoy, Dec 24, 2019.

Discuss January Transfer Window 2020 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Yes.

2. ddub11

Think your rite mate,

Yes it would be nice to strengthen, but we have enough to win everything domestically and europe is always treated as a bonus by the club.

paulie67, Mickmac and Dan Breen like this.
  3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It's also a bit uninspiring if Atsu and Rhodes were genuine targets.

4. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    On paper, you’d put your savings on us beating everyone in this league in every game. Granted that just isn’t how football works, however, we’ve recently been outplayed and beat by our nearest rivals and if your honest, incredibly lucky to have won the league cup.

In a one off game you’d rub it off as a bad day, more than that though, there’s a problem.

I’m looking forward to the next game against them, if we don’t show in that game then we have our answer. Lose again and I hope we’re ‘lucky’ enough to win more against the others than they do.

5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Although they did clear how many chances off there line? On another day that's 3 or 4 and thats playing *. Honestly think theyll be in for a shock in the next game.

6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I don't buy into that that was a dominant win for them against us at Parkhead. We had two headers cleared off the line and missed a penalty. I know we ended the game with 0 points but we were still good enough to take at least a point from that game and we didn't. That's the worry. The other worry is that we haven't turned up in a lot of these games recently.

We all know that if we turn up, there's only one winner. Gerrard seems to fire them up and we approach the game with we'll do 'just enough'.

Obvious thing to do is... Turn up. * get into them. They've made it a battle * get in amongst it. It's not like we don't have players that have a bit of dig in them.

7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Panic targets. Surely.

Mind you I'd take Rhodes as 3rd choice over Bayo. Hed poach a few goals.

8. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    The importance of managing and rotating the squad now is imperative. We have plenty of players just it seems Lennon is very reluctant to play a lot of them. Ideally a ready to go centre half would have been great but we are where we are. Blood the fringe players in moderation at the right time, use the squad, if we play McGregor brown edoaurd jullien ajer in every game this will come back to haunt us. Need luck with injuries too. Hammond will need to play a Stormer over next couple months. With the likely outgoings in summer we will be very bare

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

9. Dazman1988

Fav Celtic Player:
    Cal Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    The positive I can take from The fact we didn’t bring another winger in is Elyounoussi is back in the next couple of weeks hopefully and the fact maybe Arzani, Shved or Dembele might get some game time (I know how far fetched that sounds but who knows). Centre back situation - Elhamed due back shortly also and can slot in there to cover and Frimpong due back so he can take up the right back role or rotate that position with Elhamed depending on what formation we are playing. Again though, can we rely on him to stay clear of injury, that’s the only problem.

10. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  11. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Pish end to the window!!! Had a decent start but then they always do with us eh....

12. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Him and Hendry gone is a positive at least.

Dan Breen and Eazey like this.
  13. ddub11

Agree with you 100%,with regards to the poor performances against the enemy i believe the blame lies with lenny.

We are a better team on paper and when the team do not perform to the required level ,imo ye have to look at the manager.

14. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    There's a story gathering pace there; but the first time we got our arses felt by Gerrard was under Brendan Rodgers. This goes back a while TBH. In fact, our points total and EL campaign suggests Lenny has improved us*.

IMO it's mostly tactical as in I think Gerrard has mostly won the tactical battles... or Klopp or Rafa helped him some people suggest, whatever. It doesn't really matter. However I repeat that this goes back before Lenny joined.

We didn't make any game changing signings in the window just gone, so it's over to Lenny and JK to adjust tactically. Lenny proved he could do that at Ibrox earlier this season. He needs to repeat that.

* No, I'm not claiming Lenny is a better coach than Rodgers. Lenny is a * good coach and young enough to improve, but I know currently Rodgers is better. However Lenny has improved us, because Rodgers stopped giving a * long before he left and we had regressed quite a bit by the time he * off.

15. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I'm just quoting what i said in the other thread.

16. ddub11

No real problem with lenny myself so far.

My point was imo he had to take the blame for the poor performances against them.

Ye i agree the same happened with rodgers but i was simply talking about Lennys time in charge.