1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

January Transfer Window 2020

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Blochairnbhoy, Dec 24, 2019.

Discuss January Transfer Window 2020 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Roger Hannah saying today celtic might wait to last few days of window and getting players out is Celtic priority this window

2. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Genuinely wouldn't surprise me if we're waiting on Dembele money coming in to do any business. That or guys getting loaned or sold first, either way the board won't spend unless they reduce the wage bill which is bollocks when we could comfortably push the boat out and secure the league, have a dig at the europa, and give ourselves a better chance of CL qualification in the summer with settled additions.

We keep going round in circles every transfer window * about when there's plenty reasons to be proactive and ambitious - frustrating as * but the men in suits will always point to the trophy room and balance sheet before eventually reacting to a stale squad or even worse when we've been humiliated by a tribute act.

Need to pull the finger out.

john2061 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

People need to chill out.

We only had £38.9 million in the bank in the summer before we sold Tierney for £25 million.

4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Shambles!

5. StevieBhoooy!

Hes just going by the same evidence we all have to this point.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That’s what I was thinking gyp he said “Celtic and Rangers are both trimming their squads and the emphasis is on outgoings rather than incomings, in Rangers case it’s as many out as they get and maximum a loan Gerrard will try and call in from down south, as for Celtic I am hearing Lennon has been told he must clear out before anyone comes in, most of these deals can take the full month so don’t be surprised if it takes until the final week of window for Celtic to swing into action regarding incomings”

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  7. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Tbf we spent almost half the tierney money in the summer and I don’t expect us to spend much this window, think all the players linked are pie in the sky myself, I have maintained all this window it will be a right few out and 2 loans and 2 young for the future ones. Celtic board priority isn’t progress in Europe or the league title it’s to have the club in the best financial shape it can and anything else is a bonus.

8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Tbh stevie I have to agree with his assessment. I don’t think we will spend any significant amount, being linked with £3.4m strikers, £3m midfielders ain’t happening this board ain’t spending that sort of money. We must run at a profit and spending any further cash this window will ensure we won’t unless we sell A high value player this month or before 30th June.

huns are running at unsustainable losses in their pursuit of the title and that’s their issues, we could throw a few quid and not run at a profit for 1 year but that ain’t going to happen under lawwell and bankier

9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I don’t trust this Celtic board 1 bit. They know the ramifications in terms of those * winning the title, they know season book sales would dwindle but know they have a significant waiting list.

they are happy at European level we are at and they have allowed rangers to catch up on us in terms of on the pitch by their lack of investment levels in key areas!

lennon comments this window and last window have been nothing short of embarrassing.

we will get players in but it will be with the emphasis of short term (loans to end of season) and development players with a view
    On a few years down the line.

10. StevieBhoooy!

yes he’s probably right... but his assessment is based on the same information we all have. Plus the pattern from previous seasons.

It’s not based on any inside info..

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Oh no it’s not inside Info I wouldn’t think it might be on scraps he has gotten but it seems highly plausible.

listen am one of the worst on here for transfer windows moaning like *, am a nightmare with it, tbh 11 days in and coming home from Dubai tomorrow I really did think even a loan deal or 2 would be in by now!

mad as it sounds I have said for the last 18 months the Celtic board are hoarding cash for a reason they aren’t telling us, IMO it is to do with European changes coming up and they are storing cash for a rainy day or more like a full monsoon season! I am almost positive the interim accounts due to be published to year end 31st December will show £50M cash at hand!

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I dont believe that for a second tbh.

Certainly the latter part.

13. StevieBhoooy!

This IS the RAINY DAY!!!

Fully87 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Hotels dont come cheap.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It looks that way tbh.

celtic have gotten Sinclair and Morgan our.

we have made it obvious we want hendry out and probably a few others. What will be will be. We are 1/3 of way through window and I thought we would be more active incoming wise tbh

16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :60: The rainy day was 29th december 2019 around 2:30pm that’s when the petty cash tin should have been opened!

17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Canny see us ever gettin rid of Hendry, more chance of a bid coming in for the lights. :42:

18. Jeremie Frimpong

The lights actually work, to be fair.

Fully87, Dan Breen and The Prof like this.
  19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

:56:

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  20. john2061

This is a big season and the board not spending money in the transfer window will be unforgivable to the support and with 40 million in the bank the board should be chased out the club if we lose the league .
    It shouldn't be just Lennon who loses his job and would expect more heads to roll if we didn't win the league because of this board not willing to invest in the team .