1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

James Forrest

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Jul 25, 2015.

Discuss James Forrest in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. pete0301

I'm getting raging at the slating he is getting everywhere. The guy has 397 appearances, 88 goals and lots of great moments with us. Played at the same club his whole career and always getting a slating. People love Paddy Roberts but he was clearly inferior when he played for us, Frimpong is loved but clearly isn't as good a player (yet) even in a wing back role. We just love anything new and shiny and hate on the old guard. It was the same for Broony and the only thing that saved him from the same irrational hate was getting it up Diouf.

2. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Missing him already today. Christie is not a winger

Metrobhoy and moravcik1888 like this.
  3. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Struggling badly so far without Jamesy.

Metrobhoy likes this.
  4. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    You notice big time when he isn't playing. Our most marked man which opens up the game for others. Simply our best attacking option in the squad other than Edouard.

moravcik1888 likes this.
  5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

We’ve struggled like * with him in the team at times. If he was playing he’d be getting slated, he isn’t playing so he’s missed.

We needed to get Ntcham in and Christie has been our main threat. Jamesy plays far too many games, he will be far better being rested at times.

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  6. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

I actually thought when he came on today he had more urgency about him than he has done recently.

Was taking his man on and using his pace which we haven’t seen that much of recently.

Think getting benched today gave him the wake up call he was needing.

MacEwan likes this.
  7. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Don't like him on the left, but was running at Defenders, should have buried the chance that Jerry played a great ball to.

8. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Felt sorry for him today, Lennon using him on the left is just no working for him, if anything put him central but never on that left.

Britwell bhoy likes this.
  9. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    100% disagree with this. The fans have had it in for the guy for years and had to hold their tongue because he's been our top performer.

He's still one of our very best and should be in the team unless injured. The other side of the park is where the inconsistency tends to be. El Hamed and Forrest on the right will create far more chances than Frimpong and be much more solid defensively.

Christie should be playing behind the striker or in the front of a 3 man midfield of Ntcham, McGregor or Brown.

All opinions of course!

The_Bhoy, Liam II JP and moravcik1888 like this.
  10. LoveTheTic88

We definitely need some form of competition for him to see the best, be it the likes of Karamoko playing a much bigger part or a new signing.

11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I never actually criticised Forrest.

They haven’t had it in for him that’s ridiculous. There’s deserved criticism of him going missing in bigger games. Some idiots might have it in for him, but it’s a small number who probably post a lot of * anyway.

It happens with a lot of players, if they aren’t playing in a game that we are struggling to score in suddenly we miss them. Even though the same player has be there in games that we’ve also struggled in and some we’ve actually struggled with worse in.

If Forrest played yesterday from the start it wouldn’t have changed much.

But he will benefit from the rotation.

12. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    I don't question his contribution, but I just think he's quite limited.

You honestly would be as well chopping his left foot off for all it contributes.

He has a direct style that troubles defenders and seems to know where to be to get in amongst the goals, but I can see why some fans just don't fancy him.

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if he’s the difference maker this week, he’s done it that regularly for us in the biggest qualifiers.

Metrobhoy likes this.
  14. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yes it's what Forrest does. Hes scored some huge goals for us in Europe.

Metrobhoy, Rydo1888* and PaulM1888 like this.
  15. Foley1888

I think since Rodgers first season Forrest has really stepped it up with his goals and assist contribution.

Before that I always felt he had never fulfilled his full potential. He had scored some huge goals but badly lacked consistency and was a lazy player. Rodgers totally transformed that to him becoming one of our hardest workers with a good end product. He had scored big goals before but not as frequently as he was then.

I think he suffers domestically from having been in the league for a while and he doesn’t have the most variety in his play. He’s at his best being direct. He also seems to be very much a confidence player when he’s in form he is very tough to stop, the issue right now is he has been out of form for most of the calendar year even when the team played better after the New year break he didn’t. Possibly due to being out of position right enough. He’s also started this year slowly.

I agree though Christie isn’t a right winger the same way Forrest isn’t a left neither can use their opposite foot to great effect, meaning people know they will always go inside.

Metrobhoy likes this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    frimpong did more in 10 minutes than this * has done in 2 seasons, he either shapes up or stick his * on the bench.

The_Bhoy and Twisty like this.
  18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He really disappointed again tonight.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  19. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Showed in spells what he can do, but nowhere near the player he was under Rodgers.

20. Lewis Kerr

He's a shadow of the player he was under Rodgers, I'm sorry but it's true. Inflated stats don't mean * to me.