1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

James Forrest

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Jul 25, 2015.

Discuss James Forrest in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. freitassen

People who know my post history here will know that I have very few good things to say about the rat, but he really transformed Forrest. He was a quite frustrating player to watch, then whatever Rodgers did turn him into a lethal, consistent and dangerous player.

Since Lennon arrived he more or less returned to that. He has still many good games but is no longer the engine of the team as he once was.

2. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Aye that annoyed me. Still tucking inside as if Frimpong was over lapping. Done the same away to Livi last season, ended up with Bitton playing wider. Just took more space away from the front two and midfield.Making us even more predictable. If he stays wider then he gives a different angle of attack and can make the diagonal run in behind, wide and get to the byline(don't recall them having to defend cutbacks) or cut inside(instead of already being inside). I suppose the latter was probably the reason for switch of wing.

He wasn't the source of the poor showing, it was an all round failure in attack

3. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Well said. It's embarrassing and predictable that when we drop points, the fans attack Forrest. It's even more obvious when the whole 1-11 weren't any better.

Thankfully the manager isn't influenced by these sites.

stubhoy07 likes this.
  4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Games like that fully highlight why we need another player like Robert's to come in. Forrest is ineffective on small pitches, Roberts could dance between anyone.

Or even get we Johnson back fit.

5. CountyDownFaithful

Don't buy into the whole Forrest goes missing narrative. I think it's more to do with the fact his game isn't suited to certain games. Over the course of the season Forrest guarantees you a very good rate of goal and assists.

But we do need a Roberts type player who can unlock defences. It's a squad game/team effort and we need a variety of players to get through this season - yesterday is a representation of how all teams are going to play against us this season.

6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I'm a big fan but has been pish so far..

7. James Gold Member Gold Member

The whole team were pish yesterday but he visibly shat it from at least 2 50/50 balls

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  8. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I honestly thought he was absolutely pish tonight, once we get the defence sorted we really need proper back-up for Forrest if we don't use the 3-5-2

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He needs proper competition at right wing, and he has done since Paddy left. We all know his goals and assists have been fantastic over the past few years, but he goes through purple patches and spells where he's miles off his game.

I suppose the solution could be Frimpong at RWB in a 352.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Brutal. Doesn't look like he wants to go at his man..

Was the same last week. Always cutting in or back and passing the buck..

Frimpong would offer more as wing back or even winger than Forrest of the last 2 game's and that's simply because Frimpong will go at his man relentlessly all game....even if it doesn't always come off..

Forrest has always had wee spells where he plays within his self but an on it Forrest is still a top player. Needs to find it soon..

Dublin Celt likes this.
  11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Agree he needs proper competition, looked to play the safe option and never went at his man, he's got great ability bit we need more from him, canny afford any players not pulling their weight in games.

12. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Not in good form at the moment, worrying because he has been a huge part of Celtic's success in recent years. Needs to give himself a kick up the * or someone needs to do it for him. Competition for his place would be good but I worry that if we sign our priorities of a LB and CB, a winger may be too much for Lawell/Desmonds wallet to handle.

13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    As has been said, he needs someone pushing him.

14. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Gone back to pre Rodgers Forrest lately, not wanting to beat a man and taking the easy option, really needs someone to push against him outwide, someone with real ability. Obviously a huge player for us when fully going.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I don't think he's been as bad as some are suggesting. Still weighing in with vital contributions only a few games into the season.

I like the idea of Frimpong pushing him for the winger slot with El Hamed behind.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  16. freitassen

Really bad. Extremely predictable against even really bad opposition. We really need to think about options in that position

17. Foley1888

I would like to see how this worked as I don’t think Forrest has been at it this season so far.

18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    That's true, but with his pace and ability i think we need to see a better contribution over the course of the 90 mins, he's capable of moments of magic no doubt about it.

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Without a doubt mate. We are 3 games into the season though. He needs competion that's for sure. Is that Frimpong? Don't see why not.

The Prof likes this.
  20. celtic warrior

He needs a break or better competition for his spot.

He's probably played more games then anyone else with little rotation.

The only time he's probably been rotated well is when Roberts was here first time round.