1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

James Forrest

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Jul 25, 2015.

Discuss James Forrest in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    No yet mate

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Tierney could surpass him, but Forrest has achieved a lot in his time with us.

Sadly, I don't think Tierney will stay with us for as long as Forrest has.

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Keep seeing this more and more especially from folk within the game.

My own take is that it would take something incredible for him to leave and even at that it would be more down to the Club.

It would rip his heart in 2 to leave Celtic.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I don't doubt that, it's clear that Tierney is just like any one of us on this forum, but with the privilege of being good enough to represent (and excel at) the club.

I'm just aware that someone with his potential may eventually become bored playing in Scotland. As long as the environment at the club and in the dressing room makes him feel happy, he'll likely stay, but he'll always have offers elsewhere.

5. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Unfortunately one day we’ll get a bid for him that would be impossible to turn down and he’ll go. The boy has the potential to play at the very top and I’d think he’d be silly to turn down the big move when it does inevitably come.

6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

If it was good enough for Henrik Larsson to turn down Man United at his peak as one of the best strikers in world football it’s good enough for the Celtic supporter who got lucky.

You’re right though, the bids will end up dictating things but there’s no reason KT can’t give the large chunk of his career to us and then go on and do things elsewhere. The path has already been trodden by one of his hero’s.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic winger James Forrest believes that Celtic showed their character as they emerged from a difficult month to seal a dominant win over Steven Gerarrd’s Rangers

The loss of striker Moussa Dembele just hours before Friday night’s transfer window closed after the Frenchman took to social media to vent his frustrations brought down the curtain on what was a tumultuous few weeks.

But Forrest believes that the nature of the victory coupled with the performance over Rangers underlined Celtic’s dominance.

I think we showed what we are – a big team with big characters,” he said. “We knew what we needed to do and that was go out and put in a good performance and win the game. That’s what we done.

“We have so many match winners here. We have players who know what it means to go out and play in the fixture and know what is required to get the result.

“I think we showed our character and out togetherness out there.”

Gerrard was irked at what he felt was a foul on Ryan Jack in the build-up to the goal but Forrest was unperturbed.

“I think Tom [Rogic] was just outside out box when it happened,” he said. “I don’t think it was a foul. It would have been a soft one. But in any case we still had a load of work to do before scoring.

“We had the entire length of the park to get up.

“I also think that we could have scored a lot more than just one on the day. We hit the post a couple of times and the crossbar and on another day they would have gone in. I don’t think we won the game just because of one decision.”

Forrest himself clipped the crossbar in the opening period before then squaring the ball for Ntcham to open the scoring just after the hour mark.

And the Scotland internationalist revealed that he thought about going for it himself after taking the ball from Edouard..

“I thought about taking the shot myself but when I looked up I could see Ollie coming in and I just thought he would definitely score if the pass was right,” he said. “I was delighted to see it going in.

The first half I just tried an effort from the edge of the box when the ball came out to me. I actually thought at the last minute it might dip and go in – on another day it might have.”

The result means that Celtic head into the international break on a positive note, while also reaffirming their dominance in this fixture.

“I am not too sure what was said in the build-up to the game because I don’t take too much notice of that,” said Forrest. But I do think that it was always going to be important to go out and win the game.

“That isn’t different to what our aim is every week.

“We have the mentality to win every time we walk onto the park and it doesn’t matter who we are playing. We have players here who are hungry for success and that won’t change.

“It has been a tough month because we didn’t get the Champions League which we wanted. But we have got ourselves back on track and psychologically I think it was important that we were able to sign out now for a few weeks on the back of a victory.”

Westlondonscot and Rydo1888* like this.
  8. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    I might br completely * and loving life right now but wee jamesy is not a kick in the * off being a Celtic legend

9. thetic19

i think youve had enough mate

10. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Probably but watch that space. You never know

11. jj81

outstanding tracking back , caused them problems going forward by taking his man on and beating him and getting a cross in or winning a corner, unselfishness and awareness for the goal was top class.

12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Just doesn’t give the ball away.

He’s up there with Ntcham and McGregor when it comes to composure and keeping possession.

13. Grace

He's a total work horse, he's tireless.

In some shape as well this season, looking really lean.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Keano88

The lad deserves a chant and a new 4/5 year deal.

Get it done, Celtic :shamrock:

Sean Daleer likes this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He'll get that new deal..

Great wee player. They were 2 and 3 on him and he was still linking up with Rogic all day..

Lovely assist. Almost scored a screamer..

17. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    If he wins 10 titles on a trot, then I think he could be. Only him and Brown can do it. He is 27, but at the age of 26 he had won 14 senior trophies with the club, some accomplishment. I think a Celtic player coming through the ranks from aged 10 to then win 10 in a row would be fantastic, and he'll have a big place in Celtic history.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  18. Keano88

Would have been up there as one of the best goals against them if it was just a few inches lower, bar and in :35:

19. Mr. Slippyfist

If that had went in, I think I'd have got a stauner.

20. Keano88

You definitely would have.