1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ivan Toney

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Jun 12, 2020.

Discuss Ivan Toney in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    We are

2. Damnati

I don't think it is. I thought all of his comments in that article were about us needing to move fast because so many other clubs are interested, including a(nother) big club not from England.

3. Foley1888

Apparently we have not had an official response to our last one despite their folks bravado of being miles off. Peterborough have meant to have moved the goal posts on a deal a couple of times already.

4. Cesar67x www.Twitter.com/@GlasgowRebeltm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Hear me out, i see alot or people moaning about the way fry is conducting his business but i respect that he thinks his players worth a certain amount and he aint budging he's got back a bone so to speak

5. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

Toney must be * off. He wants to come they aren’t playing him and holding up his potential move. I think this could drag on. If he says he only wants a move to us and refuses to go anywhere else he could sit tight and we get him in January

6. jambo_cfc

Yeah a think his only chance of winning medals and champions league football is with us , he goes to any team in england hes not really going to be winning leagues or that! Think we will get him but will be later on in the window or January

7. davidhannah

He's a bit of a wheeler and dealer that Barry Fry. Watched Big Ron Manager on YouTube, he's quite funny. There's no way his players worth 12 million he's a joker.

8. Damnati

Does anybody know the source of everyone thinking he wants to come here? I feel like it's been made up and repeated enough that everybody thinks it's true.

9. DonnyCelt

Barry Fry was quoted saying Celtic would be his preferred destination. Then went on to say we haven't offered enough.

Damnati likes this.
  10. DonnyCelt

Was a good watch that, got to give it to him tbh he's a proper Del Boy character.

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I asked does he play any other positions in another page good to know he plays elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Heb Celt

Why the need for another striker?Cant ever remember us having this many potential 1st team strikers at the club and that’s before signing this guy.Couple of CB’s is what’s needed now.

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

2 up top and also preparation for Eddy leaving which will hopefully be next summer.

We done the same with Eddy when Moussa was here and the handing of the baton was seamless as a result.

14. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    2 possiblitys imo 1) edoaurd is on the way out, it's been agreed and he is keeping quiet as we have an opportunity to get replacements in first.

2) (hopefully more likely) , Toney can do a job at rw and we are investing to now for eddy to leave for 40/50 mill next summer .

Also think Griffith's has a lot to do to get back, this little stall might help him but I think currently Lennon is moving away from him. If the board bring in Toney ajeti and klimala for a culmination of around 13mill all with a resale value and they are capable of being adequate replacements to edoaurd and we sell edoaurd next summer for 40/50mill it would be an absolute masterstroke .. with the 10 in the bag too hopefully

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

gazb1888, Heb Celt and littlekennie like this.
  15. Pearse67*

Edouard ajeti toney

that would work in a front 3 with mcgregor, brown, ntcham the 3 centre mids behind, or go 3-4-3.

16. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    There is absolutely no way we are getting £40m for Edouard this year or next. Regardless of new contracts.

ladbroke8 likes this.
  17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Same type of person who said we weren’t getting anything over 20 million for tierney I’d bet 35 million is when Celtic will start talking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dublin Celt and gazb1888 like this.
  18. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Never once said Tierney wouldn’t go for £20m plus. Two scenarios here, he doesn’t sign a contract and leaves next season with a year left on his contract. You’ll be lucky to get £15m for him OR he signs a new contract extension but will absolutely either have a buy out clause or a gentleman’s agreement he can leave if a specific bid comes in. Be that £25m-£30m. We may get £40m for him this year, but no chance next season. I would reject £40m if it came in this year also. 10 in a row is more important than £40m

19. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Think Pedro would disagree with the last part

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

lol

HTG and Gyp Rosetti like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.