1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ismaila Soro.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Jan 22, 2020.

Discuss Ismaila Soro. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Al Bootyerbaws

Aye we’ve bought some amount of * these last few years. Then we end up selling our most valuable player or players to balance the books when we don’t make the Champions League. Our recruitment is a shambles.

2. ddub11

He doesnt get much game time and when he does get on the pitch he tries to hard(hence the rash tackles). Ilike his attitude he just needs to control it .

buchanbhoy and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  3. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Kantes definitely took his soro posters in his bedroom down.

Dan Breen likes this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Must be a goner now..

Did his self no favours with how rash/untrustworthy he was and it looks like it's sealed his fate here..

Dan Breen likes this.
  5. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Shame too as I think there's a player there, he was excellent during Christmas/January, then got dropped for no reason for Brown to stroll back in and he never really recovered.

eddiemcd1888 likes this.
  6. ArturBorucCSC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Can't understand how a guy who made a bit of an impact last season cannot get a look in at all now. We are so light on options in the middle, and this guy is energetic and can at least move the ball pretty quickly! Surely a better option than a cumbersome Bitton against the likes of Livi?

7. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Not until he learns how to keep the head and not dive in/ spit the dummy out and risk getting sent off every time he plays. Needs maturing before he can be relied upon

8. murphy88

How many reds has Bitton had in the time Soro has been here?

9. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Well that’s true. Ange must feel bittons more reliable at this point and definitely more experienced. Don’t get me wrong I liked the look of soro and think there’s a player in there. Just needs to wisen up a bit

10. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That reminds me a lot of legitimate criticisms that were made during the WGS/TM era about Scott Brown.

11. murphy88

I actually agree that he needs to stop diving in. I would still have him in before Bitton against teams like Livingston though.

12. ArturBorucCSC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Agreed he needs to mature a bit, but not sure how never having a look in helps him in that regard. If anything it could contribute to him making rash tackles, as he will be desperate to make an impression whenever he's on the pitch.

Also, in his defence, I seem to recall him often getting a yellow card for a reckless tackle - but can't remember him ever getting a red? Could be wrong there though.

13. murphy88

You are right, he hasn’t been sent off for us.

ArturBorucCSC likes this.
  14. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Hopefully when he comes back in he’s calmed down a bit and goes on a run of games. Could be looking to get minutes into him when we’re coasting games. Dunno if a game against the hatchet men livi woulda suited him tbh, big physical team.

But aye I thought he was the best thing since sliced bread when he first appeared for us. Hopefully he comes back in and does well soon.

ArturBorucCSC likes this.
  15. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I don't think he's as rash as everyone in here is saying.

He's picked up a lot of yellows, but that isnt being rash. A lot of his fouls were for breaking up play and pulling shirts etc. This is exactly what Man City and Barca have done for years. If you dominate the ball, you are exposed on the counter attack. Guys like Soro need to just take a man out the game and get a yellow.

And as someone else said, how many reds has Soro had for Celtic? Zero. In fact, I had a look and he hasnt a had a red card in his last 45 matches. So, I think that needs to be put to bed.

16. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Not having any red cards doesn’t put to bed the need for him to mature. The reckless diving in and giving away needless fouls when he can stand the man up etc.
    But like I says it’s not a major issue and one that should be easy enough to train him out of. Ajer had the same problem diving in needlessly trying for the perfect tv tackle all the time.

17. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Soro could be useful for the very reason people criticize him for. We get fouled roughly on a regular basis in Scotland, because teams know we are too nice. A wee madman recklessly injuring opposition players might make them more cautious. Even if he were to get a red card, against certain teams it would mean that they open up, leaving space in behind.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He's been lucky in a few game's that he hasn't been red carded. How he never got red carded in the Betis game was just pure luck :giggle1:

Another game that put him out of commission from tackling later on in the game and he had to come off. That's happened too many time's where he's had to be subbed off due to walking a tightrope and looking a nailed on second booking..

I actually quite like him but he's unreliable to Ange. That's obvious and you can't blame him..

I do agree though that his energy, pressing and general positive play would suit us more than Bitton for game's like Livi. He's the type that can go and win it anywhere and force a mistake, get on the turn and play a quick pass..

Looks a goner to me though..

Wllm likes this.
  19. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Runs about like a spare * a lot of the time, imo. There is, as some have already mentioned, a good player in there. Pity he only shows up now and again with a good, solid performance. Too inconsistent, but definitely worthy of another chance to prove himself — especially as his attitude and endeavour is without question.

20. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I agree. Don't think Ange rates him. Possibly McCarthy too. Shame cos I do like the energy Soro brings. Just wish he was a better footballer.

McChiellini.. likes this.