1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ismaila Soro.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Jan 22, 2020.

Discuss Ismaila Soro. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BigDoggyWoofWoof

I honestly didn't think he was that bad today. Out of his depth but so were a few of them. That said, I'm not sure why we'll need him with McCarthy fit when we're already stacked in the midfield. Stick him out on loan.

2. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Agreed, he should play infront of a sitter and just press like *

3. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    McCarthy is never fit. We probably need better than Soro to fill in but trusting McCarthy to be fit isn’t something we should be doing. On his day, 100% in the team but it’s getting him fit that’s the problem

4. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    In any case, he would add balance to our midfield. We play with ball-magnets, 3 of them at the start of every game. McGregor has more versatility than Turnbull or even Rogić, but he's shackled by his position. Christie wants to be a one-man show.:*:

Zander likes this.
  5. Damnati

I feel like he suffers from a perception issue. Seems pegged as a defensive mid when it's just not his game. It would actually be interesting to see him come on in one of the more advanced CM roles. Possibly replacing Turnbull on 70 minutes.

6. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Kennedy * this guy over, he was developing nicely, showing promise but JK dumps him for Brown for those 10 games, at a crucial period in the guys development. Missed a trick. He would have a lot more confidence, can see there is a player there but no confidence in his own ability and now just taking safe option.

7. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I like Soro a lot but he is definitely a player that we won't be seeing the best of for another couple of years.

He should be used to give players rest against lower half teams in the season.

Like others have said, he's played out of position. He's not a last man in midfield. He's better at chasing players down in the middle. Needs to be played higher up the park to be used effectively.

8. MAP

Just me? Felt frustrated when he came on. Chasing a goal he seemed to want play backwards far too often; I kept thinking Brown had never left.

Dan Breen likes this.
  9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Just doesn't do much for me. In the sense that I dont see what others do, not necessarily that he hasn't contributed at times.

I dont ever see him being a regular in any Celtic midfield.

10. Sentinel

What I have hated about him last 2 games is the stupid smile on his face when he commits a needless pigshit thick foul or gets a booking.

It's not funny you *. It's like it's all a big joke to him. Doesn't take it seriously.

Dan Breen likes this.
  11. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Hes brutal the now. All he offers in the game is fouls thats it. Doesnt know how to show for the ball as a deep lying centre mid which provides no options for the defenders and he seems very poor positionally when defending.

12. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Actually, better that than complaining to the referee. There are players who don't know what they're doing, and think complaining will fix the foul. Ismaila at least knows he's fouling people. Saves him a card occasionally, that smile.

13. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Spot on, me too.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I'm probably in the minority now but I still think there's a decent enough player in there..

Only 23
    Good ball winner
    Mobile
    Shown at time's he can be a good passer
    Good on the turn

We're in a position in midfield where we're gonna need everyone..

Aye he can be rash and he's definitely no a sitting midfielder. He has to be played infront of McGregor if anything..

Think a little run of game's after the break, he should come in for the tougher type game's. Gives us more leg's and he can press well high up. Or even home game's where we dominate, gives other's a chance of a rest..

Showed last year that he isn't just a complete dud..

15. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    He hasn't been great this season making most appearances off the bench.. But I saw enough last season to suggest there is definitely a player there.

A player that needs a run in the team to help with confidence I think. Not giving up on him yet..

McChiellini.. and Lewis Kerr like this.
  16. Celtic Bhoy 94

A midfield 3 of McCarthy (CDM), Soro(CM) & CalMac(CAM) could work in theory with Soro cleaning up behind McGregor. Probably a lot more mobile of a midfield without Rogic and Turnbull

McChiellini.. likes this.
  17. stew37

When he and Turnbull came in to the team initially last season, and started playing consecutive games together, he looked great. This season, he hasn't been given a chance, mostly because players in his position have been doing a good job. At this point in time I'd still have him on before McCarthy.

We'll need all our players ready this season so id consider maybe starting him against Livingston and Raith after the Betis game.

McChiellini.. and thailandceltic like this.
  18. Lewis Kerr

Same, I like him. He is easily good enough to start for us domestically. He was decent in the EL last season too.

If he cuts out the rash tackling and jumping in to challenges he can develop into a really good player for me. I don't think it suits his game to be chucked on in the last 5/10 mins of games, he lacks a bit of concentration at times. I love his energy, tenacity and passing though. I think his use of the ball is severely underrated by most celtic fans.

McChiellini.. and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  19. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    With Christie gone and questions over McCarthy, Soro will get plenty of game time until January

Biggest asset with him is his pace, he's fairly quick and I think that'll make a big difference, cant be starting Turnbull alongside Rogic/McCarthy, far too slow.

McChiellini.. and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  20. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yea, starting to bug me bigtime now.