1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ismaila Soro.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Jan 22, 2020.

Discuss Ismaila Soro. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Just needs to be patient..

I've got a good feeling about him.

2. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

we dont rotate there seems to be a belief that the established 11 play all the time and very little rotation, if they get rest its usually as a result of injury or suspension, then we expect some player weve paid good money for to come in from the cold after months of not being near the first team to turn in man of the match displays, its unrealistic

i think were setting up these signings to fail

celtic fans maybe all successful teams fans are quick to judge but some guy usually a young signing if you go by recent years gets barely a look in then boom in the team out of nowhere fails to hit the ground running with a mom display and hes out again for the next year lol * is that if its not setting up someone to fail

maybe its because we a have a fierce rival and we are in a 2 horse league or because we are on this run of league titles or maybe players rely on play bonuses

weve got a massive squad yet players seem to get away with continual below average performances, you could put that down to them thinking they dont need to try to hard because their place in the team is nailed down and safe

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  3. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Not being cheeky m8 but people were saying the same about Kouassi. I always worry when new signings(unless youngsters) don't go either straight into the team or at least make regular appearances from the bench. The interest in, and likely signing of, Turnbull doesn't exactly suggest he has much of a future here, certainly short-term anyway.

G_portillo likes this.
  4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Turnbull and Soro totally different midfielders tbf.

5. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Signed 214 days ago for over £2m, hasn’t played a single minute of competitive football.

6. Sgt Neppers*

That's bad, really bad. But is just another one in that bracket. So many players signed over the years ago barely feature then leave. Needs to be a review of transfers, why people aren't playing, why are we spending good money to bench them and then sell him for far less than we paid.

7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    This policy of signing players and never giving them a chance has to stop, something no right behind the scenes.

Tommy25, MacEwan, johnno379 and 8 others like this.
  8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Still don't know much about him but I don't really see him ever getting a game. One of our weaknesses is we are poor in the air and he's the smallest midfielder we have. He also looks to be more McGregor style than Brown and I think we signed him more as competition for Brown so its not ideal he looks to be more skilled at passing, dribbling and keeping possession than he does at winning the ball and defending.

It's mental how many guys we seem to have signed and think they are going to do a defensive job, I think we expected it from Bitton who was never really defensive, not attacking either - he stays back but he doesn't really excel at defending. Ntcham when we signed him but it turned out he's pretty poor defensively, less defensive than Bitton or McGregor. Then we signed Kouassi who was described as a defensive midfielder but Kouassi looked like more of a runner from deep and a passer of the ball, he ran up the park and went forward too much to be trusted - he looked more like someone who ran around closing down all over the park. Then Soro seems to be the new guy who looks like more of a passer of the ball from the back, although he sits deeper naturally similar to Bitton, like Bitton he seems more of a footballer than a defender.

The way we play domestically we need a ball winner who likes to sit back and who defends really well as we leave ourselves open to counter attacks and we can't really afford the guy who sits back to be someone who switches off or tries to come forward too much.

I feel like if he is ever to play it would be beside Brown if McGregor got injured but he's probably 4th choice there as most likely we'd play Ntcham there or Christie there if Ntcham was injured and move someone else to the 10 like Johnston, Elyounoussi or Forrest.

It's bad scouting really as I do definitely think that all of Bitton, Ntcham, Kouassi, Soro were signed to be guys who could replace Brown if Brown was out or needed rested but none of them could ever be trusted to actually do it.

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Debut this weekend?

10. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Hopefully a journo with a brain will actually one day put that question towards a celtic manager, happened with rodgers too and its * infuriating.

Keano88 and The Prof like this.
  11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'd give him some time this weekend.

I mean, Lennon wont, but I would.

steg, Sgt Neppers*, Rydo1888* and 2 others like this.
  12. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Think they have to show enough to be deserving of a game. Attitude beats talent when talent doesnt work.

13. ladbroke8

Could be the new kouassi if he keeps the invisibility up

Mr Shelby likes this.
  14. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

He needs to start getting chances. He has been here since January ffs.

If he gets chances and doesn’t take them then fair enough but you have to give him a chance when you have paid £2 million for him.

trackebhoy likes this.
  15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Tough boots to fill.

But hes got what it takes.

16. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    It has to be an option, keep Broony on the bench to keep them motivated and if it doesn’t work out then sub him for Broony .
    If some of our more recent signings don’t get game time then how d they develop and progress ?

JC Anton likes this.
  17. wulliebad

When you never drop the first 11 it makes signing players like this even more * annoying. It's not like we have tons of cash to keep spending 2 or 3 million on projects.We must be one of the best providers of loan players in scotland. Maybe now the season has started again he will get some game time.

18. shieldsybhoy

Cost as much as Lyndon Dykes did and you may say Dykes isnt good enough for Celtic, but would we have been better off with him during the week? Or with £2m on Soro who's nowhere near the team.

19. Foley1888

Totally agree we could have easily spent £5.5-6m on someone who would have come in and been a first team ready player and strengthened the defence or a striker ready to play. It was the same the previous January when we spent over £4m on Bayo and Shved could have signed one first team ready player.

Peej likes this.
  20. Pearse67*

Kouassi mark II