1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there more Celtic or Rangers fans in Glasgow?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by celtic croatia, Jun 25, 2011.

Discuss Is there more Celtic or Rangers fans in Glasgow? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Show us these posts where we claim we are Whiter than White.

2. Shane1888

I have yet to see anyone on this forum claim that we don't have any * in our support. Seems as though you're making things up to suit your own agenda.

3. gohomeyahuns

Do you know the story as to how and why it happened? Did the hibby provoke a tim in some manner or was it vice-versa? Was it even a Tim who assaulted the hibby?

Hold up you're a hibs fan im guessing? this is a Celtic fans forum? so why the * are you here again?:43:

4. gohomeyahuns

Apparently racism is frowned upon in here:52:

5. pablo88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    There are bawbags in every ground away, on tae a scottish fitba forum if u want to attack us and leave us be, you dont know the square route of * all hibby as others have stated:38:

6. Rude Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris Commons
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> The only people who attribute this cliché to us are those who seem to be envious of our good reputation.

The behaviour of a football support has to be considered in relative terms.

There is no way a large group of people - regardless of where they’re from, or to which club they are affiliated - are all perfectly decent law-abiding, charitable citizens.

However, in general terms, our support is excellent; this has been acknowledged by many including Uefa and Fifa.
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

7. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    Why is there even a hibs fan on here?

Jealousy and obsession will get you nowhere.

8. Mr. Slippyfist

Indeed.

Their banner yesterday was pathetic and embarrassing "First to wear the Green" - aye, but you are still * :bbpd:

Also heard them shouting "champions league you're having a laugh" :52:

9. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Is there not a gap in their history around 1892? http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/TimelineDetail/0,,10290~1750639,00.html
    Even their own site refers to a new club in 1892/1893. That makes Hibernian about five years younger than Celtic.

Celtic - 125 years of unbroken history.:celt_2:

10. Mr. Slippyfist

I've no idea Silenzio - just know that they are not even the biggest club in their shitehole city :bbpd:

11. Hibby

OK let me re-phrase.

You're actually right, nobody claimed Celtic fans are perfect. What I would say is that the whole "you're safer to be a hun than a tim in Glasgow" patter isn't definitely true. If Hibby's aren't safe then I'm not sure why huns would be.

I would look into why that is the case before you gloat about it.

:smiley-laughing002: :smiley-laughing002: :smiley-laughing002:

Anyway lads I'll leave you to it, wasn't expecting such a defensive reaction but there you go. That last one is a belter though. :smiley-laughing002:

12. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You refer to the fact that a lot Hibernian players went on to play for Celtic, because Celtic paid a lot of money to them instead of giving it to charity?

That is not very nice on the part of Celtic of course, but football has quickly become a real professional business and Celtic were the quickest to adapt.

If you do not like this, you are best off supporting your local * side to be honest as Hibernian is now also run as a big business.

13. limerickcelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    all of em
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    I spent one night in Carlisle a couple of years ago on my way to Edinburgh and i have to say it was the worst place i have ever been. The locals all looked like huns and behaved like huns. So i can see your point. No offence to you mate as its your town and i am sure your colours brighten up what looks like a shithole.

14. Woody

What a tool why don't you stick to your own forum instead of coming on here and talking what seems to be total crap?

Celtic are a charity club and do alot (more than any scottish club - maybe even britain including hibs ) for charity.

You are the smallest team out of 2 in edinburgh so why become so denfensive when this is clearly stated by another celtic fan?

If you don't repect the opinions of celtic supporters on a celtic forum then why should we repects yours?

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Ok, lets see the crime stats to back this up then...

It's just not true and all the crime figures in Scotland back it up.

16. Provi-Moravcheque

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I'm a new poster so was having a good read of some of the older threads so hope you's don't mind me dragging up one that's even older than the scum,

I myself like most on here was always under the impression that we were outnumbered by the orcs, in Scotland at least, I began a new job about 5 years ago which takes me all over Scotland so many a gym and unhealthy amount of boozers has graced my presence :92: and to my experience we seem to outnumber them virtually everywhere I went bar the odd Shithole, the vast majority of the folk I've met are Tims and most say there towns were probably more h"nnish 20/30 years ago but things have changed in the favour of the good guys since then, obviously Ayrshire and area's of the central belt are six fingered friendly but are close enough I can travel there from home, but anywhere north of perth, Aberdeenshire, Highlands and Islands (except Stornaway) is turning Green, if it keeps up like this those mutants will soon disappear for good, :bye1:

17. Eazey

dont think its even close. A lot more Celtic fans. im calling * on the first two pages worth of posters as closet huns.

18. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Hibby :56: there's a blast from the past.

trackebhoy and RabS like this.
  19. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

We definitely outnumber them now I think.

20. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I imagine when they collapsed they didn't get as many school boys supporting them and people supported their local team.
    Lived in London all my life except for living in Staffordshire for uni and only seen 1 Rangers shirt and that was last year. Wasn't protestant but Sikh but I just assume he was born in Scotland and picked who was winning at the time. Only other times I have seen them are when I go to Scotland.