1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there more Celtic or Rangers fans in Glasgow?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by celtic croatia, Jun 25, 2011.

Discuss Is there more Celtic or Rangers fans in Glasgow? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Rockys Zetec

me and my mate(both irish) were at the celtic match during the week, we had no colours on and were sitting at a bar on sauchiehall street at 2pm(Nicos i think was the name) when a man decided to start chatting to us.when he recognised our accents he realised we were irish and he first brought up father ted with which we all had a laugh, then he proceeded to mention irish people who were protestant(at this point I felt quiet nervous) the guiness family/graham norton/and someone else i cant think off, he then went on to tell us how every 5 in 1 scottish person is protestant and how scotland is a protestant country, all of which i could not give a flying fiddlers about.He then proceeded to mention how the euro was * as were all the countries who had it as there currency,somewhere in between all off that he mentioned he was a rangers supporter, Anyways we finished our pint and left the bar.upon leaving he mentioned how he hoped we would get stuffed tonight by helsingborg and he would be shouting for them....alot of lip biteing was required.... after the game we walked round town with our colours on and had no problem at all..so i suppose you will always get an * no matter where you go, just to note On a previous occasion I visited parkhead at pre season and about 10 yards after the stadium heading west i met two lads wearing rangers jerseys and they didnt seem to bothered either....

2. The taxman

Suppose It must be around even. Depends on the area really , even outside the city in the surrounding areas it depends where you are . It's very hard to put and exact number on it, but we do have a higher average turnout.

3. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Sorry you bumped into that * pal, they are everywhere people like that, if I meet a hun I dont go out of my way too antognise him with obvious jibes unless hhe starts it with me, but Ive been on the end of the usual bile from complete strangers who knew I was a tim, peadohile, Big Jock Knew *, not saying they are all like that but they are a bitter lot with very tunnel vision on how they see the world, very narrow perspectives and incredibly in the year 2012 see catholicism as being the worlds number one enemy... only a life of brainwashing and poor education could lead them to this laughable conclusion, frankly I pity the scum and their sad little lives

4. gohomeyahuns

There are too many huns anywhere ye go.

I live in Wishaw and here there are loads of orange halls and pubs draping union flags all up and down the street. The Queen's jubilee was a * cause even the local supermarkets were at it!

5. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    Glasgow - Celtic
    Scotland - Sevco
    Worldwide - Celtic

:50:

6. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    Who cares.

7. Rude Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris Commons
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> I don’t really understand how there can be more Huns in Scotland if we consistently have higher attendances than them.

We’ve traditionally been better supported, even in Scotland.

We also draw in a considerable amount of Protestants, so religious demographics aren’t a good way of measuring support. On the other hand, Rangers’ Catholic support is non-existent, unsurprisingly.
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

8. Hibby

Sorry to burst the whole "we don't attack people like the huns do" theory, but the Hibby who got attacked on London Road after the game yesterday might disagree. His face was in a right mess.

9. Rude Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris Commons
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> There were two Tims stabbed in Edinburgh last year, did you come on here and post your disgust then?

10. JC-X

:56:

11. Mr. Slippyfist

Any proof?

12. Shane1888

One fan getting in a fight at the weekend is now comparable to loads of rampaging Huns going to Manchester and causing absolute mayhem... right ye are.

13. Hibby

No I didn't because I never heard anything about it, but if that happened then of course that's disgusting.

I'm not taking the moral highground and claiming our support is bawbag free (it really isn't) but just because people from other countries are asking about the Celtic support doesn't mean folk here should lie about it.

14. Hibby

Well no I didn't stop the guy and ask for a photo, although the chances are someone reading this will have seen the guy covered in blood.

Lol wut? Who said that like?

15. Shane1888

Well, it seems as though you were going down the road to comparing us to the vermin.

16. Rude Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris Commons
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> No support is. Who has said otherwise? Take a sample of a thousand people regardless of what country they’re from and you’re bound to get a number of unsavoury characters. That's life.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> But to compare small unspecific incidents to large rampaging hooliganism is quite frankly ludicrous.
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
    Eh?

17. Mr. Slippyfist

Well for all I know you could be on here talking *.

18. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    All teams have their share of arseholes supporting them, I don't think anyone on here is denying it. Some of our supporters are bawbags, everyone accepts that and the vast majority of our support condemn that sort of behaviour. What people are arguing is that the Celtic support has far fewer bawbags than most other support, as illustrated by our FIFA an UEFA awards and generally good conduct, particularly away in Europe where we're well received by any city we travel to, unlike the recently deceased other club who occasionally represented Scotland in Europe.

19. Rude Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris Commons
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Occasionally represented but routinely disgraced.

20. Hibby

Again, I'm not comparing a guy getting smashed to the huns in Manchester, and as Rude Bhoy says every support has twats.

The only reason I mentioned it was because there was loads of posts saying how Celtic fans are whiter than white, which isn't always the case.