1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there more Celtic or Rangers fans in Glasgow?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by celtic croatia, Jun 25, 2011.

Discuss Is there more Celtic or Rangers fans in Glasgow? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Caroline1989

we definitely have more fans overall it’s not even up for debate

2. Norm Peterson

I'm born in and live in England, and have travelled around a lot substantially in my time, with work and what not. Those are just my general observations really, all bound by specific times and places where I just noticed more of them than us.

Yorkshire would probably be cause for a lot of debate, but in my experience there are a substantial lot of 'little Englander' folk there who really aren't keen on Celtic, or what they stand for. There's a guy I know who's Irish and supports Leeds (as well as Celtic), he has a half Leeds half Ireland scarf and a few years back he told me that some Leeds fans spotted it and didn't take too kindly to it at all.

Corby has seen a lot of Scottish migration because of the steel industries there I think. So there's large Scottish community down that way.

3. M 67

Wee bit off topic but is it true Leeds are/ were a Jewish team?

4. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Never heard of that, dont think that is right at all tbh.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Leeds are pretty notorious for trouble, particularly at home but when we played them (Kelly testimonial) there, it's probably 1 of the least troublesome grounds we've been to. Had a full side stand midweek..

I've no doubt we would get some grief at some places, but it's deffo over played..

Liverpool. United (mostly). Bolton. Arsenal. Qpr. Southampton. Newcastle. Spurs. Norwich. Leeds etc. The only club that really doesn't have a troublesome element out of that is Norwich and all have been fine really..

Only one's I've encountered where it's been different is Chelsea away obviously and Portsmouth away midweek they were pulling out blades after the game by a petrol station just up from the ground..

The EPL has been sanitised and really, and if we ever came down here...the only trouble would come at lower league side's or more likely than going away, it'd be more troublesome whenever side's came to Glasgow I think running amock..

Norm Peterson likes this.
  6. M 67