1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there more Celtic or Rangers fans in Glasgow?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by celtic croatia, Jun 25, 2011.

Discuss Is there more Celtic or Rangers fans in Glasgow? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic croatia

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Well i know that celtic have more fans worldwide, and i suppose that huns have more fans in scotland... but what about city of Glasgow...

and can you walk in city center with hoops (or in blue) without any problems..? i guess that west side is huns area and east side is our area...

2. TicFan88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Probably more Rangers fans I guess? But when Celtic are playing you'd think it was a Green and White City!

3. Jezzz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley & Let the People Sing
    Walking around with the hoops on is sometimes a bit dodgy.. Depends where you are, but you get * who will give you pelters for it. Although, most will get no bother.

As for in Glasgow, I'd say its about 50:50. We get bigger crowds though, could the huns regularly get crowds of 55 000+... Not sure.

4. Sonny Crockett

Fav Celtic Player:
    Alan Stubbs/Jackie Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Billy Bhoys
    I seen loads of huns in Breahead last night, some with full kits on.:97:

5. Shane1888

I'd say it's split down the middle mate. Ibrox holds approximately 51,000 and Celtic Park holds approximately 60,000. Both teams usually manage to sell out their stadium, for the big games anyway (European nights or derbies for example).

It's too hard to put a specific number on how many people in Glasgow support either team, as it would take a lot of time to carry out a city wide survey asking everyone which team they preferred.

As a wee aside, the official Celtic Facebook Page has more 'likes' than the official Rangers one :icon_mrgreen:

http://www.facebook.com/CelticFC?sk=wall

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rangers-FC/113656718644685

6. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Well i havent lived in Glasgow for a long time, but i dont think their are Celtic areas and Rangers areas, within Glasgow i mean.I have always thought it was totally mixed, apart from maybe the odd pocket of one or the other.

7. T.Rogne25

I think you have more chance of getting bother if your a Celtic fan walking in Govan than a Rangers fan in Parkhead.

Reason for this is I once got out the car and saw 3 Rangers fans (on a Celtic matchday) walking down the street with a full kit on. Got a few glares but no one said anything. Now, I doubt that a Celtic fan could do that without any trouble if the shoe was on the other foot.

To answer the question though, I have no idea as I don't live anywhere near Glasgow :icon_mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2011
  8. Shane1888

Mainly because most Huns are animals and can't stand the sight of seeing us Tims, especially when we're parading around wearing our strips. Personally, I don't have any problem with Rangers fans wearing their kits out in public, as long as they aren't rubbing it in your face and aren't causing any trouble.

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Id say it was about half and half really and no there would be no trouble wearing a Celtic or Rangers top anywhere.

When I was going to the Cup final, I went to CP before to get scarves and tshirts and while stuck in the traffic on the way out there was a daft hun maybe about 20 year old walking(coming from bridgeton way) like an absolute *... some sort of march, not got a clue what it was it was like a * sort of thing where kept puting one arm out and then touching the Rangers badge as if he was in the army :97: and started kissing the badge of his rangers top. There was a chance he was mentaly unstable but he just seemed a daft hun really. anyway there must have been about 500 Celtic fans sitting watching him and he never got battered so thats how safe it is to wear your colours, even acting like a complete * doing some nazish march in a rangers top and kissing the badge nobody leathered him.

10. Mr_Hunskelper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Regi Blinker
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I Just Can't Get Enough
    Celtic easily have a bigger worldwide following, by a long shot. In Glasgow, its a different matter imo, I know alot more Rangers fans than Celtic fans (excluding my family) so i'd say Rangers have a bigger Glasgow following.

11. T.Rogne25

Had to laugh at that :56:

12. pablo88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    yeah i would agree think there are more huns than us in glasgow its not much but over scotland tons more

13. kris_bhoy_1916

Seems to be more fans in dundee the hiltown, lochee full oh tims :50:... But theres probably slighty more huns in glasgow

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2011
  14. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It depends where you go. When I travel up to games, I get the bus to Buchanann St. and don't tend to see too many huns around, though I still don't like to show my colours 'til I reach the Gallowgate. I guess the same would apply to Bridgeton, which is a hun safe zone and would spell a death sentence for anyone wearing the hoops there. Never had a real run in with a hun in the city, though when I was waiting for my bus back after the 3-0 game, a sloshed hun started yelling at me, then gave me a really evil look through the glass...

15. jokeybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ynwa
    I would say rangers.the reason being any railway company I have worked with in Glasgow always has loads more Huns than tims usually outnumbered atleast 3 to 1

16. mickey95

It's about 50/50 but you would probaly see more Hun tops cause all they do is try and cause trouble unless it's a matchday or something

17. KEANE07

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I'd say Rangers have the upper hand in Glasgow and maybe Scotland but we absolutely trounce them in the rest of the world. We have fans from Japan, South Korea, Honduras, Israel, Poland, Republic of Ireland, USA and Australia. When was the last time you saw a Japanese fella wearing a Rangers top?

18. pablo

Fav Celtic Player:
    petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk on
    Acually mate your talking a lot of *.Loads of celtic fans in sunny govan as the govan emerald will prob agree and especialy roundabout the old govan arms.

19. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    There are probably slightly more Huns than Tims in Glasgow, but there are more Tims across the globe, no question.

20. BhoyKane1888

More Huns up here aswell :54: