1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

I wish they Would Just Bugger OFF!!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by cidermaster, Nov 4, 2018.

Discuss I wish they Would Just Bugger OFF!! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Yes once again heavy talk of a break away European Super League leaked out the other day,very greedy and selfish Clubs getting even more greedy and selfish! This time according to a Whistle Blower it will be 16 teams consisting of 11 founding members who will never be relegated and 5 initial guests! And guess what 5 English Teams are in the 11 founding members!
    The proposal states it would will start in 2021,and Bayern Munich,Real Madrid,Juventus,PSG,Milan,Barcelona,Man City,Man U,Liverpool,Chelsea and Arsenal are to be the 11 founding members who of course will never be relegated:56: The 5 initial guests are listed as Roma,Inter Milan,Marseille,Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund.
    Yes i wish it would go ahead as it will go completly against UEFA,let alone FIFA,then the rest of European Football can carry on with a much fairer system.
    The mega funny thing is if this beyond greedy idea did go ahead there is a fair chance that the 2 Plastic Clubs Man City and PSG would go never winning Europe's premoer competition:56:

One thing is for sure the total greed in football is killing the great game,and another thing,if they did * off,it might save the great game????

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I'd genuinely love this and it would brilliant for Celtic.

Let them go to their soulless, Capitalism Cup and the rest of the European clubs could return to something like what it was before the involvement of Russian Oligarchs and Middle Eastern Sheikhs.

That format would go stale very, very quickly to any genuine football supporters. I imagine their markets would be predominantly Asian and North American as most of the other European nations would likely rail against it. I know I wouldn't be interested in watching it.

It would give genuinely big European clubs like ourselves, Benfica, Porto, Ajax, Feyennord etc. an opportunity to create a genuinely competitive European competition.

Have it put in writing though that once they withdraw and this initiative goes * up then there's no way back in for these clubs.

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    UEFA are rat * and Infantino is just as slippery as Platini, they are only interested in certain clubs whilst the rest feed off the scraps and make up the numbers. Interesting read about FFP and good to see Brian Quinn has some principles unlike the rest queuing at the trough.

http://etims.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Infantino-at-it.html

4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Never happen. Why would England leave the best tv deal out there.

5. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    English FA should throw them out by end of this season.

cidermaster likes this.
  6. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    A cool answer by one of our cool Bhoys on here:50:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  7. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    It will be in place of them participating in the UEFA competitions - Champions League and Europa.

The English FA will do as they are told by the rich clubs - after all they themselves feed off the scraps of the TV deals etc.

8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    cidermaster and Keano88 like this.
  9. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  10. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Just looked on coefficients and we would be 22nd in rankings if the clubs from those countries were banned.