1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How much further can Strachan take us ?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Ryan 67, Jun 24, 2008.

Discuss How much further can Strachan take us ? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Ryan 67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc, Broony, Skippy, Heid, Lennon, Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS, Celtic Symphony and Sean South
    Not a Strachan hater but just wondering how much further Strachan can take us. I think with a few good signings ( not Lewandowski ) that we can reach the Champions League Quarters and seal the treble. Although the league must be the priority.:celt_2:
    Strachan MUST stay !!! :50:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2008
  2. randy

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mc stay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    you cant argue with results and WGS has done superbly sincehe's been here and with a few good signings i expect us to get to the quarter finals of the CL and win the double this season

3. Pacific Ocean Blue

The last 8 of the Champions League

4. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Thats what im hoping for, the dream is a psv champions league campaign of a few years back.

5. cmilkbhoy

4 in a row
    5 in a row
    6 in a row
    7 in a row
    8 in a row
    9 in a row
    10 in a row

and last 8 of champions league at least 2 times

6. Bhoys Dont Cry

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady and Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Best Day Of Our Lives.
    4 in a row.
    last 8 of champs league barring some good signings and a little bit of luck.

7. zmcfc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenrye, Celtic Symphony, LTPS
    Good question...

Hopefully the last 8 of the Champions League, maybe further in seasons to come
    and hopefully we can keep our league title run going, 4 in a row, 5 in a row etc..
    And if I'm being greedy,a domestic treble would be great :icon_mrgreen:

8. stoogie 02

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover
    Really depends on who we get in the group stages. I think with a couple of decent signings in defence and some cover bought for McGeady ( possibly McCourt has been bought for this reason ) and another striker, we could reach the last 8 of the CL.
    Again, depending on the draw, we could get even further, but there are not too many bad teams in the CL, would love to see us get some results away from home this year.
    Rangers need to win the league this year, they can't go 4 years without, especially after throwing it away last season, so expect a tougher challenge this year.

I think Strachan is building for the future both on and off the park, our medical team & sport scientists are the envy of most teams, so I'd like to see him stay for at least a few more years, even if he doesn't win the league next season.

9. Bhoy Brian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    If he gets the backing and he gets a little luck along the way then the sky is the limit because although he isnt lippi or wenger he knows what this club is all about and hes doing a great job and i for one am very happy with his and the players contribution . LOng may it continue

10. AnnoniOnAnawNoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    few decent signings, continued unrivalled support home and away and i think the skys the limit

never win the CL but the UEFA is a distinct possibility (if we ever dont make last 16)

another couple consecutive titles and * be up there wi the best managers in our illustrious history

11. Pacific Ocean Blue

TBH i would like a little run in the uefa cup in the next 3 years...

12. Japanesebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sutton, Thompson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry, Willie Maley
    Same here. If the Huns manage to reach the final, then I see no reason why we can't win it:50:

13. hoops no7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry, ynwa
    Last 8 of cl with a little luck, 4 in a row

14. GodBlessJinky

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    In his reign for how many years to go. I think he could take us to the last 8 of the CL, a domestic treble, a win away from home in europe and a demoliton derby too(4,5-1 or sumhin). Not all in the one season though but i wouldn't complain if he crammed it all into one fantastic season:50:

15. vcfc

The question should be - how far will the board let him take us?

Even with a decent amount to spend(£20mil say), I still reckon the last eight is us beyond us unless we get really lucky in the draw(we aren't even in pot 2 this year).

Realistically the aim of this summer should be to get in some qualtiy players good enough to keep us at least competing well within the group stage and hopefully making the last 16 but if not then finishing third and getting a good run in the UEFA.

More importantly though if Strachan gets it really correct with transfers over the summer then the opportunity is there to pull away from Rangers for years to come.

For me that should be the proirity and then over the next few years start to concentrate on the Champions League.

16. AnnoniOnAnawNoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    i have no doubt that if we were in the competition this season and got the same draws as rangers we would be the current UEFA Cup champions