1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How much debt do you have?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Peej, Dec 21, 2016.

Discuss How much debt do you have? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

You’ll get there mate.

2. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Good luck and we’ll done for getting past 2 rounds, let us know if you get the job.

packybhoy likes this.
  3. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

Will do mate. :50:

buchanbhoy likes this.
  4. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Please if you can afford it, overpay your mortgage, even £50 a month makes a massive difference on the years you have to keep paying. Boring I know, but plenty of calculators online that show how many years it takes off your mortgage repayments. Once it’s gone, pressure is really off.

5. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Great feeling Packy when you get the letter from the building society .. Your Mortgage has been discharged ,
    then you realise .. " * I own this pile of * "
    Never paying rent or mortgage again is one of the best feelings !!

charlietully and packybhoy like this.
  6. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    You know your sitting on a gold mine when once or twice a month you get a note through your door ..
    " looking to buy a house in your area , please call this number ************** if you ever decide to sell "
    No thanks , took years to get it the way we like it and done with moving .

packybhoy and honda like this.
  7. Mr. Slippyfist

I’m more than happy with it mate, debt is a fantasy. As proven by Range…….i mean, Sevco :Kyogo:

8. jj81

Just the mortgage and a few bits and bobs , only 15 year left of the mortgage right enough lol

Never had a credit card , I'd go wild with it if I was let loose with one , buying * I don't need.

charlietully and stew37 like this.
  9. leeso-ardoyne

House prices just after the troubles where really cheap. Now, ridiculous prices in some areas.
    I very nearly bought one in 2001 up in forwinds where I was living at the time on my own. Was renting a house there and another house in lisburn and went through the whole process of a dodgey mortgage to buy one if them. Didn't go through with it in the end thou. My da talked me out of it telling me I'm about to put a rope around my kneck getting a mortgage that dear! Near sure I'm I remember right the house in fourwinds was something like 65-80 grand! Even thou part of me is happy I never took a mortgage out, I'd have made some money on it if id sold now or in the boom so bit disappointed. Always remember looking back at the house prices rocketing in value and saying wish to * I'd never have listen to my Da(bit contradictory thou lol). He just had a very different mindset than me growing up through all the troubles and didn't want me to put that type of pressure on myself.
    In those areas, they would never have be vaccant. Always high demand for rent in that area and could have rented them out without any worries after I moved west.

I remember the houses where you live going cheap at the end of the troubles because of where it is. 2 of my uncle's mates bought up a few of them and turned them into flats and a b&b. Dodgey area during the troubles but now high demand for rental being so close to the city center. I suspect, if Belfast expands like Dublin has in 20-30 years time and whats left of the troubles are a thing of the past, then your house will significantly keep rising and you could be sitting on half million-1mill or more in the value of your home. Not unthinkable when you look at Dublin or any other major city in Ireland or UK.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
    packybhoy likes this.
  10. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    My daughter got herself into loads of debt and made it worse for herself by taking out a few of those high interest loans to pay off the original debts which, as we all know, don't work. She then lost her job through no fault of her own and, although I paid off a few of her debts, I couldn't afford to pay anymore and she ended up having to make herself bankrupt. This now means that she can't get any credit whatsoever and is really struggling now. Anyway, I don't know exactly what your personal situation is re your debts are m8 but the only thing I would say is, if you can somehow pay them off then do so as making yourself bankrupt is heartbreaking. I would also suggest you contact Trust Deed Scotland and see what they have to say. Good luck with whatever you do

packybhoy and Forestbhoy66 like this.
  11. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    Retired at 53, (9 yrs ago now) mortgage paid off, no debt kids grown up and married. Just me and the wife she works 2 days a week, I do a couple of days driving if I get bored......life's good

12. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I'm only dicking around.

Delighted for anyone paying off their mortgage.

Well done, pal. I'm jealous.

charlietully and packybhoy like this.
  13. Onefootwonder

Do this. Get the mortgage down as quickly as you can in the current climate.

Everyone concentrates on house prices. Have a look back to what the cost of borrowing was back then. In the 90s interest rates were 15%.

Use a mortgage calculator and work out what 15% means.

14. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

So you’re debt free & actively planning to not be. :ange2::ange2:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  15. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

It was just how time and events turned out in that period that I ended up going for a mortgage. Could have went bad but has been the exact opposite, thank *. As for the West, you couldn’t get a house even for rental. It’s a highly unusual situation but I believe the Hospital keeps that market huge.

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  16. stew37

My old boss ended up getting thousands back from those pay day loan companies, after some ruling a few years back. I'm not sure if there's a time limit on the claims or anything, but she got a fair whack. Think they had to pay out because they were basically loaning to people who obviously weren't going to be able to pay back. I'm glad I never used them, the rates were ridiculous.

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly that :67:

18. Forza 67

Completely debt free and set for life, though I still have to deal with trolls on TalkCeltic.

19. jj81

Don't log in , debt sorted ma man :)

20. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Are you a USA citizen or UK ??