1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Markybhoy, Jan 2, 2021.

Discuss How do you feel? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I have been deflated since the Ferencvaros game. I’m in no way exaggerating here; a bit of apathy and indifference set in for me after the AEK Athens defeat in 2018.

That defeat and the transfer window as a whole confirmed to me that we had no intention of progressing as a club. Quite happy to be marginally the best team in Scotland.

The club and support as a whole have had an incredibly unhealthy obsession with 10 in a row, a huge part of why we’ve stagnated and ultimately declined significantly.

I’m raging that we’ve lost the league because it means we will not be playing Champions League football and yet again we will not progress and develop as a club, not because we’ve lost 10 in a row.

In all honesty this shambles might give us a chance to reset the entire club. What if we won the league this year? We would be the best team in Scotland for the 10th year instead of the 9th, and we’d get pumped out the Champions League qualifiers again. Rinse and repeat.

I don’t buy in to this holy grail of ten in a row as much as others I suspect, in the sense that I’m just * raging that we’re going to allow them access to tens of millions of Champions League revenue, when the gap between the clubs should have been insurmountable with proper management at every level.

It doesn’t matter a * to me if it’s the 1st title in a row or the 10th to be honest, we should be miles ahead of them as a club and it hurts in equal measure regardless of the number.

So aye I’m * off, fuming, annoyed, and don’t give a * all at the same time. Sometimes you wonder if it’s worth your while getting so worked up about it, when the people in charge of the club would literally rub your nose in their pish if they could.

DonnyCelt and Sydneysider like this.
  2. The Ghirl Friday

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, Let the People Sing
    Lost for words just feel numb

Sydneysider and DonnyCelt like this.
  3. CountyDownFaithful

The reality of the matter is we are a huge football club that are being run by businessmen who are incompetent when it comes to football.

Only qualified for 4 champions leagues in the last 9 years and we haven’t won a post group knockout tie in 16 years.

The Huns have went to the depths of football, returned and now ahead of us in domestic and European football. In the space of 8/9 years on a smaller budget.

Lawwell is a cancer within our club. Desmond is just a silent owner who lets Lawwell run the show at his discretion. As long as the books look good, he gets his bonus. THIS MUST CHANGE.

Markybhoy and DonnyCelt like this.
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Pretty empty really. Felt like it all season because it was so clearly going to end like this. Albeit I didn’t quite expect it to be this humiliating.

Scunnered with the club. I’d already accepted the league was over before today so I’m not as upset as I probably should be.

The Phoenix likes this.
  5. Maddie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bobby Petta... he was shite now he's betta
    *, you?

Sydneysider and seamus1967 like this.
  6. KingArtur'1

Whats worse is how easy we have lost it. We showed how bad that rangers side really are today and a lucky own goal wins them the game. If we had played like that from day 1 we would be top by miles

Sydneysider, Blochairnbhoy and Maddie like this.
  7. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I am not sad because its over i am happy because it happened.

Nothing lasts forever, we have had 9 years of unparalleled success.

4 trebles just think 4 trebles back to back.

We won 3 in the previous 129 years!

Every football dynasties end and thats whats happened, i genuinely believed our summer recruitment at the time was exceptional like most of us did but frailties at the back and a lack of confidence in our GK cost us.

In the games we have dropped points this season there have been a decision by the refs to effect the outcome in majority even though some where correct we allowed them to influence our games.

Only complaint is for all the good lenny did he * the 10 at both ends.

2011 - lets samaras take pen at ibrox which he misses and then lost game in hand 3-2 at inverness

2021 - threw his players under the bus various times!

But as i said nobody can take especially the last 4 years away from us, it was a blast!

8. Maddie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:

That's for another day... right now I am * angry.

Sydneysider likes this.
  9. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    Paranoid now.

All 10 in a row means to the board is a spike in merchandise sales. Nothing else.

The football authorities, our own board, the huns board, sports media all want the "Old Firm" franchise.

TIAR is meaningless to them. They will get what they want and it looks like they have.

Yes, paranoid.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    Markybhoy likes this.
  10. Maddie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Albeit next season!

11. Lewis Kerr

12. JamesM09

Overall, my feeling now is apathy.

Hopefully I can explain this well.

Some people don’t like pro sports because every season is essentially the same. Maybe you win this one, but does it really matter? Its the same thing again next season and if you win or lose, no one cares by next season anyway.

To a certain extent these people have a point, but what makes it so much more is you’re following a club over a much longer period of time. Individual seasons don’t matter, it’s about watching something being built over time. You build a fan base over decades, then you build a bigger stadium, you start as whipping boys in Europe but progress to the point you can compete etc. etc.

All through my life I always felt this was what Celtic was doing, with the death of Rangers FC and the hiring of Rodgers being the enormous step forward. Then, out of nowhere, we re-hired Neil Lennon. The enormous step back, for absolutely no reason, when we were at the peak of our powers, showed this club has reached the end of its path.

We have no intention of progressing. No intention of dominating Scottish football or upgrading the club to a higher level. If anything, we actually want to downgrade.

I know some people will say it’s the board, and it obviously is, but my apathy comes from the fact too many of our support don’t see this huge regression. They can’t see where we should be right now. They have no desire for real progression, to the point they still back Neil Lennon.

So it fills me with apathy. I don’t see the point in it all if we’re not even trying to move forward. We’re back in 2010, for no reason at all.

13. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Guess the silver lining is we got a quadruple treble, but last season prematurely ending still annoys me and makes it a little meh, as those * will go on about it maybe still being in balance.

I felt confident but then it could be pointed that with remaining games to them and what seems a now inability to beat them, who can say for certain Lenny might not have blown it? I'll take it mind you as a 9, but I'd have preferred to risk it and play it out.

That's why I hope this year gets curtailed and then takes the shine off them if it happened. Best case (still worst case) is hopefully no fans in by end of season. * em.

Sydneysider likes this.
  14. Sydneysider

Im with you on this, the scum can sit in their * pubs and mouldy lodges and sing what the * they like then.

dbhoy72 likes this.
  15. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I literally don't even give a * anymore.

we've completely shat the opportunity for history, and what's worse is we've capitulated that history to bunch of misnomers with a rookie manager.

Say what you want about Lennon, Lawell or the board...

but Desmond needs to * away off yesterday.

This is his show, his straw men on the board, and his manager picks. Aside from the snake... who only came here to repair his reputation, his managerial appointments have been shocking.

Since Martin O Neil left us we've been pillar to post with financially convenient options which the board can utterly control, as they see the appointment of being Celtic manager as a career high, and that includes GS.

Time for DD to take his myopia and * away off for good.

We need a manager who will constantly be linked with "bigger" jobs.

Seriously, who the * would approach us from a top 5 league to take Neil Lennon from us... or Ronny Sheila, or * Mowbary?

enough is enough.

Rafa was there for the asking, he would have demanded a huge wage and a decent budget, but to find out from Rafa himself that he wasn't even approached tells you everything you need to know.

You just have to look at the quality of managers on the continent who have transformed middling, misnomer sides into CL participants and contenders... what do we get, a manager sacked by * Bolton AND Hibs.

Lennon just doesn't have the high standards required of a modern manager. He can certainly spot a player, and can motivate personnel, but he's tactically deficient and woefully ignorant of what's required here... and if he isn't, then it's even worse.

club needs a clean out from top to bottom

16. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    This and exactly this but it’s not the only key indicators. There have been many failings over the years that we as fans could see was the opposite of progression and club development.

It almost at times appeared like intentional sabotage because I fail to believe the powers that be are that incompetent.

But you are correct, the biggest indicator is the hiring of a manager with pedigree in Rodgers, that clearly changed the inner workings and enhanced our club, even down to simple things like the pitch. Then he leaves and we settle for Lennon.

I said it when Lenny was brought back, I love the man, he’s a legend and a hero but he’s a step backwards. I didn’t believe he was right for the club in terms of progression but I hoped he would bring us success and there it was, an acceptance of mediocrity when the club should be doing so much more.

We need to be a progressive club and to be quite frank, the board are taking us all for a * jolly, the odd grand gesture makes us believe we’ve turned a corner but in reality it’s just appeasement and then we revert to bargain basement.

What a stingy bunch of * at the helm. I love my club but it gets more and more difficult to watch this * go on and it’s not entitlement at all - like you say it’s lack of progression, it’s clear lack of direction, leadership and investment, proper investment.

There are clubs across Europe of similar size and income that are superbly run on probably less income than us. They do exceptionally well in Europe, which should be our barometer at this stage.

* it, I said it yesterday, waste your energy on this at your peril, at the very least, put that result and this season to bed and focus all that energy on yer family instead.
    The board abuse “faithful through and through” and it’s pretty * sad.

JamesM09 likes this.
  17. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

My thoughts? They * are in luxurious Dubai with my season ticket money.

18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Actually believe next season will be worse. Lowest season ticket sales for decades on the back of a season 60k got the * taken out of them and seen nothing. No guarantee of seeing a thing again either. Our budget will be rock bottom while the huns will have a chance to wipe debts and the pendulum has swung. Gutted.

JamesM09 likes this.
  19. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I'm no watching another game until the new manager comes in. I know what I'm getting with Lennon and I'd rather do something else with my time.

RiquelmeCSC likes this.
  20. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

If Desmond doesn’t offer to finance a full rebuild we really need to find a way to force him out and buy his shares.

He can’t sit back and not be hands on whilst ALSO not putting his wealth into the club. He needs to do at least one of the two.