1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel after last night?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by celticsean1, Aug 20, 2015.

Discuss How do you feel after last night? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Quite tranquill.

2. Sonny7

Isn't the first two options on the pole just the same:smiley-laughing002:

3. Wolf

You're right it's a must also going out to Maribor and Malmo in two consecutive season's dosen't look great at all for the club in general.

4. Paradise88

If Celtic approach me and get me registered before Saturday, i should be able to appear and put us in front with a comfortable lead.

5. Wolf

As long as were in it is all that matters at this point as Jose Mourinho said himself it's better to be in the Champions League and lose than to be in the Europa League and win it as we will learn much more from it. I also can't bear half empty stadiums against the likes of Astra in the Europa groups again no offence to them maybe I'd be more open to if we took it seriously like we did in the O'Neil days when the Europa League was a knockout round from the beginning, made it a far better competition as the group stages are brutal.

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I think Griffith's interview summed it up it kind of felt like a loss with their late goal

7. boondock

For me this whole tie has shades of Maribor about it. It was the same situation as last year, win or draw in the return leg and we're through. Its true we're far better now than this time last year but Malmo are superior to Maribor imo. Return leg is all about the mentality and discipline. I'm going to be a wreck next week!

8. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    If it had been a 3-2 were the lead changed hand a couple of times id probably be happy with it.

But instead we dominated and got let down from a couple of personal mistakes that they capitalised on them and it has now left the tie on a knife edge.

Hard to feel happy about that , hopefully similar performances from the front 4 away should be enough, brown and Bitton will surely raise their game aswell , don't know what to expect from that shambles of a defence.

9. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Seriously, feel a lot better. As I have just saw Qarabag won 1-0 away to Young boys Berne, in Europa league tonight. So all good at the mo.:50:

10. OMcG25

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Naka, Sammi
    After the first ten minutes i really expected us to finish the tie. Instead we seemed to switch off and lose all intensity which was very frustrating as i think we could have had a big win. Second half was pretty poor from us, creating very little.

I dont think Malmo are a great team and we should be beating them comfortably but they will be stronger in the next game with two of their best players back. We have made this extremely difficult but should still be going through.

11. Fatface

I feel exactly the way I felt before the game - I thought we would win narrowly both at home and away and I still think that.

The question is whether this will be a good thing. Financially its a no brainer but are we prepared to accept the humiliations that will come with qualifying ? The last time we got to the groups we won one game and lost five. We scored 3 goals and conceded 14. Is the current team significantly better than what we had then ?

If we qualify the money will hopefully let us build but if Malmo produce a shock next week I would be quite happy to see if we can do something in the Europa League.

12. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Its a no brainer tbh, getting to the champions will hold the club in a much better state financially and with the fans.

3 games in front of a packed stadium is better than 3 in the Europa league in front of 30,000 and it will definitely have an effect on the league attendances and general mood around the club.

If we get through we should be more than capable of getting that last 32 spot in the group stages.

13. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    If we'd scored in the last minute to win 3-2 we'd be ecstatic, funny game football.

14. Fatface

Agree it will generate a feel-good factor and the money is an obvious carrot.

But I don`t share your confidence about achieving much, 2 years ago we struggled in a group that had an ordinary Milan side and an even more ordinary Ajax. Are we better now than then ? We get a tough group draw and that feel-good factor could disappear quite quickly. Success would be 3rd and Europa League knockout rounds.

15. TheRover

Absolutely. It's almost as if people forget we won. Conceding, literally with the last kick of the ball was pretty *-damned deflating, but we're still in the lead by a goal. Just need to see it through now.

16. saltire78

Disagree. We were a tottering mess at this stage last year. we dominated the game last night. I think we'll win next week too. Only thing that could catch us is if they get one in the first 5-10mins. But if they open up against us we'll shred them

17. Magnukra

Fav Celtic Player:
    Not sure.
    This is not at at a personal retort or anything like that, but just my thoughts about a lot I have read various Celtic fans say (so OMcG25, please don`t read this as an attack upon your person or opinions in general!)
    As a Scandinavian Celtic fan, I truly don`t comprehend why so many Cletic fans think we should be beating Malmø "comfortably" (in my English, comfortably means by many goals or simmilar dominance). If both Malmø and Celtic plays at their best, then usually Celtic will win. But Celtic is truly not many "legues" better than Malmø which some seem to think.
    It might be news to some, but Malmø and certain other swedish teams as well, are better than Aberdeen! The same is true for the top Danish and Norwegian teams as well, they are all a tiny tad better than Aberdeen, and this years Rosenborg version would likely smash Aberdeen now that they are in the middle of the season.

Celtic is one of Europe`s best teams, and at the very least the team with the best fans (what drew me to Celtic in the first place) but the Scotish legue is one of the weakest in Europe, and this is why the currently fifth ranked Swedish team is better than Aberdeen, and also why not only one team (like Celtic) wins every year in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and elsewhere.

Imo, some people here suffer from the "english disease" (English ppl tends to think every team from different European legues are *, even when they come from Germany; if not named Bayern and Dortmund; which again is remarkably stupid of course!) Then again, the English Premier Legue is maybe, maybe the best one, so I guess they have some sort of excuse thinking like they so often do (despite the fact that it`s foreigners making the EPL better than say, the Dutch league).

Anyway, before this leg I thought it was 55-45 Celtic (because Celtic is severly suffereng from it being the very start of the season and because Malmø is actually a very decent team, especially at home), and now I think it is slightly less, maybe close to 50-50 because Malmø is traditionally much better at home. But I still have faith and belief. Celtic is still my favorite top go through, and I for one think Celtic will score a goal in Malmø, which will make it very difficult for Malmø to win. And yes, Celtic at their best is a better team than Malmø at their best, but it sucks that the qualifiers are played so early in the season, because it is so obvious that it hurts Celtic a lot!

My prediction is a draw in Sweden and for Celtic to reach the Group Stage of the UEFA C-League.

I am truly sorry if some of my words gets to people the wrong way, but I felt I should write them, as I have read so many delusional posts when it comes to how good Celtic are compared to Malmø and other European champions legue peers (because newsflash: We beat Barcelona when we had a fantastic day and they had a horrid one, it is not as that should be seen as "our bar" or how good we are etc., as some of what is lovely about football is that exact same irrational randomness).

Anyway, it should, according to play and chances, have ended 3-1, but they got that nasty 3-2 at the very end, so I guess I have to say I am dissapointed.
    Sorry for going a bit off-topic and touching upon so mnay things in my post.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
  18. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    a mix of options 1 and 3 for me, gutted but confident we'll go through.

19. Al Bootyerbaws

quietly confident

20. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Wow..

I know you've a more old school outlook on football in that you don't care much for the money involved, but you need to realise just how huge and important the £30m prize fund is for us. Not to mention the exposure and experience of playing on Europe's biggest stage.