1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bonobhoy, Aug 7, 2016.

Discuss Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Let the game flow ffs, it's basic refereeing.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  2. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Cheatin Beaton making headlines.

Claiming referees welcome new proposals as "we have nothing to hide".

We know you've nothing to hide, after being snapped in a Sevco boozer celebrating another whitewash of an opposition side. No one's accusing you of hiding anything, your corruption and collusion is out in the open.

He then went on to bizarrely claim that the truly scandalous Sevco penalty record is "an anomaly". And the stats don't tell the full story, as "stats will back up a story any way you want them to back up a story".

Really. Fine. I claim that Sevcos penalty concession record is in line with the league average". How exactly do the stats back that up?

A referee claiming that statistical evidence can is being used by fans with "club blinkers" on is truly a statement of a shameless cheating *.

Stats are empirical and incontravertable data, they CANNOT be used to support an opposing narrative .

He also goes onto say it's "impossible" to explain Sevcos record as a whole, but is willing and eager to explain every decision on an individual basis.

We should go for the * throat. Now.

The club should ask for every one of these * to publicly explain these "anomalies" through the club's official media. Compile a dossier of footage and comparative decisions and ask them to explain them... Publicly.

cas79 and Mr Hoopy like this.
  3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    For years they’ve consistently refused the opportunity of being more open and talkative with fans of Scottish Football.

And it’s that more than anything that makes me think they have something to hide. Is there anybody here if you were an honest ref, that would hate to have the opportunity to come out and explain what you’ve seen and why you’ve made a decision? Not even right away, I’d say two days later, after reviewing it and talking to others, come out and say their side.

At the very least it’d be a bit more understandable if you’ve * a decision.

you can see where they were coming from, what they were thinking. It’d help.

They do not want anything like that, at all, they want to be above any explanations or discussions. Which makes me think, why would you want that, as a ref? Because it makes their lives worse.

Some will do a wee after dinner speech, at certain clubs and institutions though. They’ll explain then.

4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

He could explain every decision? Yet you can see clips where goldson is the 2nd goal keeper around 10 times and nothing when every other team has been called for handballs that are clearly by there side. That another anomaly? A shot towards goal, he pushes up and over the bar like a worldclass keeper? Out stretched arm also in the box? Foul outside the box, penalty. Its a disgrace thatll continue.

What makes it even more of a joke? When a fouls committed in different sports in America, people use it as a meme and declair penalty rangers. The world's laughing at the blatant cheating and it won't be fixed no matter how many times we call it out.

5. john2061

Ok let's say last season was a freak for the zombies with umpteen penalty awards and no penalties against and I know no laughing there when I said that .
    But if this happens this season as well then Celtic and other clubs must give a statement on this and also put pressure on the SPFL and the SFA to explain why the zombies are getting these decisions while Celtic who are the most attacking team in the league get half the penalty awards .

honda likes this.
  6. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    If it happens again this season?

It's been happening for DECADES.

I get what you're inferring, but waiting for a rabid dogs to bite you so you can call the pound is an exercise in futility. You put the * down .

The referees in this country are indoctrinated at a young age. They all come from rancid Hun shitholes in the west of Scotland, get ushered to the front of the queue, spend a decade or so giving scandalous decisions to one club, then retire to do speaking gigs at Sevco dinners.

It's so * transparent it's disgusting.

"Good goal Nacho" anyone?

Our club are part, if not the main cause of this issue.
    We've refused to call it out, publicly slam it, and seek redress.
    We as supporters get told at every * EGM "aye we are talking to the association" and what not.
    Has it helped? One * iota?

2 * YEARS without conceding a penalty. Whereas the rules are somehow different when we play, mind Bernabei last season?

There's only ONE way to rid Scottish football of this plight.
    Make the current referees positions untenable by sheer public accountability by THE CLUB.

Let them strike all they want, the last time they tried that they slinked back with their tails between their legs after being shamed by foreign referees who had a full weekend with ZERO "honest mistakes".

They need * hounded out of the game. End of.

scuzzy, john2061 and DonnyCelt like this.
  7. DonnyCelt

Well said

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I cannot stand that lanky *..

I'd love to see if that Abada incident went out the park as if it didn't, it was a clear penalty..

The Turnbull booking was especially harsh. Didn't book any of them for pull backs or persistent fouling like Shinnie..

Also, the new law just being completely ignored aye. 4 minutes added at the end after a host of subs, injuries and some stoppages..

Didn't overly matter but there was only 1 team who was adding to their tally at the end..

9. Dylan1996 Gold Member Brigade Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    That free kick was * mental :rofl:

Wall didn't even look like it was further than 7 yards away

craigtheceltic and McChiellini.. like this.
  10. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I don't even think the guy is bias, he's just a * poor ref.

Forestbhoy66 likes this.
  11. DonnyCelt

But.........remember........ clancy is one of us, according to the uglies.

12. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Are you likely to get a yellow for pacing it out? I reckon 7 is being generous, reckon it was no better than 5 or 6 yards.

Dylan1996 likes this.
  13. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I think he saw that Abada had been fouled and thought "blow for it having gone out and it kills it there."
    I think if that had been anyone else it's given. Maeda could have had one too.
    That Devlin was fouling Maeda constantly. No even attempting to get ball just shoving and fouling.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Agreed..

Aye Devlin was getting close and touch tight, no problem with that but you're no allowed to just push players in the back. He didn't get a single foul for any of them..

Artorias likes this.
  15. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What he said, and there sadly are a few others like him. Daughters boyfriend is a gooner and watched it with us, was * himself at some of the decisions having never watched our league before.

The Prof likes this.