1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Holiday/Travels Thread

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by H67, Jul 8, 2012.

Discuss Holiday/Travels Thread in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Yip we thought the sme about Turkey you couldnt get peace, you would just walk out some restraunt after a meal and we would get someone from the next restraunt asking us to come to theirs the next time or if you were in shops or going past you got near enough draged into shops or market places to buy stuff.

Greece is better, try Santorini, or Rhodes.

I'm heading to Cyprus this month :50:

2. Stobes1888

In the process of planning and booking a UK/Europe trip with my girlfriend for July - October 2013.

Hoping to spend a week in London before setting off on a tour of Europe for a month visiting Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Venice, Rome, Florence, Nice, Barcelona, Avingnon, Swiss Alps, Munich, Boppard and Paris!

We'll then spend a couple of months between Edinburgh and Glasgow visiting my family and getting as many Celtic games in as possible.

Also looking at doing a tour through Ireland as well.

Can't wait!

3. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Venice, Rome, Florence, Paris :50: top cities, especially Florence:shamrock:

4. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Just checked out the temp in Cyprus today it was 40:50:

Looking forward to wednesday, thats when we head for Protaras:86:

Anyone been there this summer?

5. Sonny7

Anyone ever lived in the laguna Park 1 or 2 hotels in Playa De las Americas, Tenerife?

6. DiVHoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ledley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    Was in Side in Turkey for a week last month and it was great if a bit too hot. NOt really into touristy places full of resorts but it was quite cheap and we hadn't been away for 3 years. Had tonnes of Roman Ruins which were fantastic.

7. Schalker

We go to Ireland for the sunshine:celt_2:

Were there in march for a week and enjoyed it very much.

8. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Off to Marmaris next friday with the lads. Cannot wait!

9. Marky1967

Croatia is a place I would really like to visit for a holiday, where do you recommend to stay in Croatia? I will be with he other half and 2 teenage boys 18 & 19.

10. LucasBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris Commons
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Just back home in Boston. Was over in Scotland to get away for a bit with my baby girl Ellie. :icon_mrgreen:

11. joshua767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgeady, Robson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, hail hail, athenry
    Was in bulgaria for a 'lads holiday' clubs n drinking etc and it was brilliant. was in magaluf last year and thought sunny beach was better, more bars, resteraunts, and clubs. better mix of nationalities, not just english! thoroughly recommend it for young people or familys, something for everyone there!

anyone know when the best time to book for next summer 2013? Will prices be cheapest now or is everything hiked up as its summer?

12. adamcfc

been there a few times as i have family that stay near there. its a decent place in a decent area

13. McAvenniesBoots

Fav Celtic Player:
    I'll give you two guesses!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    I've been to that area of Cyprus twice (Ayia Napa), it can be like an oven!! Good though. Try and do a Jeep Safari and get up into the mountains for a day, great scenery ...and it's an escape from the heat. Ayia Napa had the best beach I have seen anywhere, hot like a bath, knee deep for miles and full of fish.

I'm just back from California, did a road trip with my girlfriend in a drop top Mustang. Recommended. (California and the Mustang ..not my girlfriend).

14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Cancun for 2 weeks. Should be good fun, been watching geordie shore and its got me right up for it

15. McAvenniesBoots

Fav Celtic Player:
    I'll give you two guesses!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Cancun? ...you HAVE to go to CocoBongos, it's T H E B E S T club in the world FACT!

16. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Magaluf tommorrow:icon_mrgreen:

17. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Looking forward to it mate, the water you say is like a hot bath, magic, thats what Dubai is like went to the Gulf about 3 years back and loved the place.

California yip we liked it, San Diego, Tijuana over in Mexico and up the coast through L.A. up to San Francisco great places:50:

18. Markos1972

Spent a few days in York with the wife and kids,stayed in a Premier Inn few mins from York Station.
    Travelled down by train as I work for Network Rail and have free travel,which saved a fair bit of cash.
    If you're a history buff,York is fantastic what with the old city walls,York Minster etc,also the National Railway museum(which is free)
    Good transport hub too as York is a mainline station with links all over the country.
    Holiday abroad next year I hope-wife and number 1 son's passports all expired at the moment,so will gradually get them renewed over the course of the year and daughter needs her first one.

19. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Was in canada for two and a bit weeks. In Collingwood two hours outside of Toronto. Fantastic country for me, weather was great. Good shopping venues for everyone around Barrie.

Highlight for me was Wonderland, a theme park i have been to maybe 6/7 times. Brilliant rides for all ages, with two rides called Leviathan and Behemoth which are brilliant. Also good value with the ticket price allowing you to go twice. Definitely recommend this area, place called scenic caves as well with a eco tour adventure where you go up into the trees and walk through before going on a massive zip line with speeds of 60mph.

Also a new 1 mile zip line, didn't get to go on as it opened after i left. You can control your own speed and go up to 90mph.

All in all Canada is very much a place i would recommend, brilliant weather, friendly people and the prices vary some things are more expensive than the Uk but others are cheaper.

20. Martano

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing.
    Ahh, nice one! I'm going to gumbet on Monday! Wanna give me the lowdown?? :)

Also, what do you reckon the chances I have of catching the Helsingborg v Celtic game there? Absolutely desperate to watch it!