1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

HMRC

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by strachansdaman, Jan 19, 2022.

Discuss HMRC in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. strachansdaman

Lads need a wee bit of advice,i got a back operation last December but they left fragments of disc in so up until recently iv been in agony so i am off work but receive benefits,im feeling a tad better and eager to get back to work,my current line takes me to 12th feb my plan is to get a line off the doc go back to work and give it a week or two before i tell the benefit mob im back at work as i dont want to cut myself off go back and do 1 shift end up crippled then iv no wages and no benefits,would this work or would they know im back at work straight away,Im on the waiting list for another op but dont know when thats going to be i actually dont know if im ready for work but would like to give it a try

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

They won’t know you’re back right away. They will when you get paid and HMRC forward details of your wages to DWP.

Is it UC you are on? Your UC account remains open for 6 months after you start/go back to work and is pay dependant. So if you earn in a month, part of your pay is deducted from next months benefits and of pay goes back down your benefits will go back up.

3. strachansdaman

I get pip and e.s.a mate my heads totally fried with it a just dont want to end up with nothing,my shifts are wed,thurs,fri 7-7 so you reckon 2 weeks tops i could do,to be honest id probably know after 1 or 2 shifts if i was up to it,thanks for your input mate means alot

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

PiP isn’t affected by earnings so you can work and still get PiP. ESA I’m not sure about.

5. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I've been on esa and I called them 2 days after starting, if I'd left after those 2 days the agency wouldn't have paid me anyway (had to give a weeks notice). I would say could be worth calling them after 2 shifts even if you quit, say you were trialled but pain was too much. Otherwise hmrc will let dwp know and question you on it.

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

@strachansdaman you've got upto a month to report a change in circumstances for ESA, so there's no harm in your plan of waiting a week or 2 for piece of mind.

7. strachansdaman

Thanks very much for this,eases a bit of the anxiety over what to do,much appreciated

8. Buster

The ESA is a replacement for income lost and added to you tax liability so l would let them know as HMRC will eventually notify them

PIP can still be claimed even though you’re working but you would need to let them know if your circumstances change (mobility)