1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Hibs v Celtic Sunday December 10th 12:30 Sky Sports Football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 5, 2017.

Discuss Hibs v Celtic Sunday December 10th 12:30 Sky Sports Football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I agree, there is more * on this thread than usual, particularly the classic about Hibs will not try as hard against Sevco.

At 2-0 I thought it was over and the body language of the Hibs players confirmed it but just one bit of bad defending and the whole course of the game changed and Hibs noticeably went straight up to their top gear and in the end I'm relieved to take the point, I also think the second half was genuinely brilliant and a great advert for the Scottish game.

Hand on heart I don't think before the season started we would be approaching Christmas top and still unbeaten, granted not as good as last season in terms of performance level but still a great achievement and show of character from the team, I would have also taken a Europa League spot as well in the summer, some things about the team can improve I agree but the slating some are giving the team and results is wide of the mark and the words of some very spoiled and entitled fans I would add...a bit of perspective wouldn't go a miss

Sean Daleer and Callum McGregor like this.
  2. Sydneysider

We are in a bit of a post- CL hiatus, next couple of games we get back on song, new signings in Jan, 2018 will be brilliant.

TBH I always like to see NL, Stoksie and Efe. Taking a point from a cracking game against the Champs will be a great boost for them.

Im certain they will pump the scum BIG TIME

Callum McGregor likes this.
  3. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Just watched the highlights, I’ve been in a coma since the work night out on Friday.

Don’t know what to say.

Love Sinclair and he’s our best player to me, but that final chance was criminal.

5. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

:68:first of all, hilarious, both counts.
    Secondly, who said "lie down".

6. Highland_Bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever Henrik Larsson, now Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think its pretty plain to see. Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know we need some better defenders. Game should of been out of sight and even after all of Hibs heroics we could of still sneaked it at the end.

Hamilton will feel our wrath on wednesday.

7. Cmcgregor90

its because hes free to do so without being criticised i guess

i was crammed right at last seat against cladding next to our support so couldnt see only hear our support. dont think any caught on i was a tim but your right wasnt as bad as i thought i took the misses and could feel a third coming on and wanted to start heading towards the exists because at the equaliser it got a bit roudy * knows what would have happend had a third went in

8. CodyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ninetoes Finder
    Again it was 3 years ago, it is a major concern. Centre backs and goalkeeper are the key areas needing strengthened. He isn't good enough.

9. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'm sure Brendan is always looking at every position to see if we can strengthen it but we have some players we simply couldn't afford to replace like Broony, KT, Forrest etc and I think it would cost a lot to upgrade Gordon. Brendan tried it with one of his favourites De Vries but look what happened there.
    I'm not saying Gordon is world class, just that he's decent enough and probably 4th in line for replacement.
    Our defence and midfield need upgraded first.
    Just my opinion though.
    I don't like him passing from the back all the time even though his footwork has improved, it's too risky but Boyata is worse even though he's a decent defender. That is down to Brendan though, it's how he wants us to play long term but I prefer Gordon's punting it away from danger like the Anderlecht match.

CodyBhoy likes this.
  10. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    You didnt say "lie down " you insinuated that Hibs would do it , in saying they wouldnt try as hard

11. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

No, I said they won't try as hard, because they wont.
    Every other side are raising their game against us, or at least trying to, so they can be the ones to end the run. If they played the way they did on Sunday, or even the game at CP or the second half of the semi, in every game they would already be 2nd.
    Listen, I'm not saying they won't get anything from the game, they might and i hope they do. I do doubt it though.

12. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    i cant agree with you , because it is Lenny in charge , Efe is gonna get you and Stoksie the rhebel will be wanting to win

Sydneysider likes this.