1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Hibs v Celtic, Sun 27th Feb 12:00, Premiership, Sky Sports Football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JML67, Feb 24, 2022.

Discuss Hibs v Celtic, Sun 27th Feb 12:00, Premiership, Sky Sports Football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

What we never tried was going through the middle. It was always wing and cross. Also alot of back passing to the defenders. Id rather we risk taking the man on, beat him and the entire defence opens up scrambling to cover his position. If we was to loose points I'd have had it at hibs away. Really did miss big giak to rough the defence up. Cant win them all and luckily that slip up never cost us too badly in terms of points. Win Wednesday and can go 2 up top at the weekend in order to finally * win in that ground.

Bernie Bhoy likes this.
  2. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    After sleeping on it, I agree.

I think if Abada scores his effort, it would've been a comfortable 3 points.

I hate it when teams play for a point but it's their perogative. It's up to us to find a way round their bus and put it in the net.

I'm expecting a better performance on Wednesday, mind.

eire4 and LectersLuncheon like this.
  3. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !

honda likes this.
  4. ardis1967

I think CCV has been class for us this season but he needs to step up his urgency when he's on the ball. He takes things far too slow and it allows the opposition to get set back up. Everything yesterday was just so sluggish from everyone. Desperately need Kyogo and even Turnbull back

5. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    A few weeks ago I could not wait for the next celtic game the way we were playing now I'm dreading them

Dan Breen likes this.
  6. Foley1888

I have noticed this in his play more recently he has still been good overall but there is just a bit of slackness/ lack of urgency there. It was that evident yesterday that Starfelt actually played more forward passes than him and he looks like falling over the ball half the time.

ardis1967 likes this.
  7. Pogues

Disappointed the way hibs played yesterday. Offered nothing in attack and played just to disrupt our play and get the draw. Your right, it is their perogative, but time wasting, feigning injury and drawing fouls all game is not something I would expect from hibs, particularly at Easter Road. * to watch.

Not an excuse, we still should have had too much for them.

8. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Pet hate of mine is 6ft defenders trying to shepherd the ball out then going down like a sack of * if someone brushes against them and there was plenty of that yesterday. Was one just before half time when someone tried it but the linesman just gave the corner. Love to see teams punished when they try it and don't get the free kick. Like you say that isn't the reason we didn't win yesterday, however it is infuriating to watch.

Pogues likes this.
  9. Keano88

New Hibs manager Shaun Maloney has vowed to implement a style of play at Easter Road that will excite the fans and ensure regular victories.

Funnily enough that’s probably the most defensive they’ve ever been against us in recent memory.

Wllm and Pogues like this.
  10. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    There is no question about that. Regardless of the result because Hibernian would actually play against us our games with them have for years now been among the more enjoyable games to watch. But that was just dreadful viewing yesterday from an entertainment perspective.

Rydo1888*, Keano88 and Pogues like this.
  11. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Something that bothered me yesterday about they * Hibs. Why do they fly the Irish tricolour/flags with James Connolly on them/the starry plough etc etc when they play the huns/hearts but when we play them the boos ring round the stadium when we sing our songs. Strangest support in world football. When we sung the Sam song yesterday the boos rung round Easter road, starting to despise the *, never liked them but didn’t really mind them or hate them. They’re turning into a joke a of a club now.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
  12. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    There is bad blood because Hibs where formed first, under very similar circumstances to ourselves. I'm not too familiar with it but have been told about it several times by Hibees I know. I don't pay too much attention.

There looks to be a decent section in Wikipedia on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Hibernian_F.C.#Celtic_(1887–1891)

Doesn't sound great for Hibs, particularly the bit where they almost go under, which they attribute in some part to people associated with us.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  13. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Aye i know all the history mate, basically we stole all the players from hibernian when we were first founded etc and there likely wouldn’t be a Celtic football club if it weren’t for Hibernian, but why would you boo or show disdain at us singing songs about our history, which is the same as theirs or at least a fair few Hibernian fans. (By history i don’t necessarily mean the football clubs history I mean the fans history, with the majority of Celtic fans being of Irish descent if not born in Ireland). I don’t know how to view the * at times, sometimes you’ll even see a Union Jack replaced with green and black colours instead of red white and blue in the hibs end. :56:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022