1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Helsingborgs vs Celtic 21/08 Kick off 7.45 - Live on STV

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by victoryamaha, Aug 18, 2012.

Discuss Helsingborgs vs Celtic 21/08 Kick off 7.45 - Live on STV in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. portpower

Fav Celtic Player:
    all
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all
    Great win to the Celts can`t wait for the 2nd leg. Still feeling a bit ruff this morning. I have a question for everyone. Does your cornflakes still taste like whiskey or is it just me?

:shamrock: CELTIC 125 :shamrock:

2. slowburner

Good post mate. Let's be thankful we won 2-0 and get behind the bhoys for the 2nd leg.

3. Cathairbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :97: By that premise, what does anything posted in this thread matter?
    I'm laughing at their delusion, pointing out that we would have made more noise had we been allowed more than a busload in the ground.

4. mfisher

Well thats pretty obvious. If we had 5-6000 in there it would have been different but we didnt and their fans were a lot louder for the majority of the game. You cant deny that their fans didnt make a decent atmosphere in the ground last night. I was pretty impressed and surprised that they made such a din as i wasnt expecting that in a small swedish ground. No harm in them feeling proud of creating a reasonable atmosphere at their ground.

5. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Looking at one of the helsinborg forums, alot of them have union jacks as avatars and one had Paul gascoigne doing tha flute celebration for rangers, *.

6. Cathairbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I said earlier in the thread that their fans were admirably loud. Stop putting words in my mouth. What I'm saying is that our fans weren't * and passionless as some HIF fans are suggesting.

7. Keen

Bet Henrik was glad we pumped them then. :56:

8. Paul McAuley

Take note of 60000 people doing that on Wednesday

9. HIF

OK, so first of all. No we are not singing the billy boys. We have our own song on the same tune (like lot of other teams throughout europe and the british isles).

Why on earth would we be singing something about feenian blood, and some Billy-character that 95% of our teams supporters have never ever heard of?:87:
    Our lyrics are about being a red and blue army and that we don't like Malmö.
    We've got another song to the tune of Fields of athenry if that makes you feel better?

Yes, we are proud of the support we made in the home game despite losing the match. And we where not impressed by your away fans. The main reason that people are taking a * at your away-support is that there had been some kind of hype about how fantastic your fans where going to be in our local newspapers etc. So people where a bit suprised not to hear you more. You didn't really meet the expectations, that to be fair where really high.
    This does not mean we all have hubris, we know we won't be heard much at Parkhead - but of course we will try.

HIF is non political. The incident with the EDL-flag was a single guy who brought it, most of us (myself had no idea until after the match) didn't even see it and some of our Ultras who did made him take it down. It has, fortunately enough, not been seen since. But of course the Malmö-fan is going to lie about that to make us all look like EDL-scum.

You guys have to understand that the British-Irish issue is something where most people in scandinavia don't have a rock hard opinion or even know that much about. It might be hard for you guys to understand being caught up in it - but that is the case. So if a few Helsingborg-supporters have a union jack-avatar, or a union jack-tshirt. That doesn't always (of course, it might) mean that he has got a clue about northern ireland. It might just mean that he likes brittish football and music.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
  10. ThisIsGhod

somehow could we face in the champions league if when we go through?

11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Who would that be?

12. MonitorBhoy

I think there's quite a few people getting offended on here over nothing.

Yeah, they sang a song to the tune of the billy boys - many teams do. However, it is only scummy huns that allow the filth to pour from their slobbering mouths.
    They had a bit of banter chanting "You're not famous anymore", it is banter and nothing more, although rather ironic as they are, and always will be nobodies.
    I'll see you all at Celtic Park.

13. MartinR

Who gives a * if they were singing the billy boys? They were our rivals on the nite and still are untill we put them out then they won't even be thought about again. I hate how some celtic fans think every team we meet away should praise us on our amazing away support or how good we behaved fs get a grip.

14. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I agree that people are getting upset over nothing....it's banter against opposing fans, as far as I am aware there was nothing that our fans can really be annoyed about.

15. Heisenberg

Agreed, and tbh who gives a * if the opposition fans don't like Celtic.

16. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Exactly Ciaran....fair enough it is good to build relations with other clubs fans but you can't win them all, not that I'm saying Helsingborgs fans hate us....they probably don't give us a second thought other than maybe the fact the Henrik played for both teams

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    This thread is embarrasing.

18. db87

Well put. In addition it might be an idea to point out that some of the people writing * on the swedish forums are just malmö scum trying to make us look bad since they don't have anything better to do.

And we do get along with Celtic fans great which showed on tuesday. Around the pubs, even where the most hardcore Helsingborg fans were gathered, the atmosphere was more friendly than it would have been with any other team. Nevertheless, I do understand both the Helsingborg and Celtic fans who don't want to hang out with eachother - this is the * champions league we're talking about.

Looking forward to the away leg, never been to Glasgow.

Oh, and we didn't sing billy boys. We used the melody though but that's fairly common.

19. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Hope you enjoy your visit to Glasgow, I'm sure our fans will make you feel welcome :shamrock:

20. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    x2. It's Ridiculous.