1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Heartwarming video on life after death.

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Cumbernauld Bhoy67, Aug 18, 2021.

Discuss Heartwarming video on life after death. in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

I lost my dad just under a year ago and i was absolutely distraught about it, nothing could make me feel better for months, it totally crushed me. Since then many strange things and at the same time lovely things have happened in my flat, which i won’t go into as there’s far too many things to mention which gave me so much comfort. But this gave me even more comfort, I’m certain I’ll see my father again after the things that have happened in my flat. Just thought I’d share this, i feel it might help some people who have recently lost someone.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

After my Dad died I was sitting in my sons school assembly room on his first day of primary one and I was convinced the guy two rows in front was my Da. To the point I got up and went to look at his face (as I had been staring at the back of his head). My Granda was even more strange because I used to wake in the middle of the night and smell his woodbine cigarettes. Like get out of bed and could smell them easily in the air. I was 22 at this point and had lived with my Granda my whole life. My Da I never knew as well as he flirted in and out my life.

The Da thing was obviously just a yearning to see him again but my Granda one always intrigued me. Possibly the same. An involuntary memory recreating the smell who knows?

I would love to believe in the afterlife but I’m not sure. I used to believe a lot more in my 20s than I do now. In my 40s.

Not sure if I’m just sure it’s not there or I’m just a cynical *.

Sorry mate I’ve not even watched your video and I’m rambling. Will watch now.

Edit. Made an awfy mistake here. My Dad died when I was 22 not my Granda. Was 42 when I lost my Granda.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  3. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Totally accept your opinion on it mate, no offence taken at all. One thing that stood out for me was, my sister organised us to go see a medium, my dad always kept these old daft clocks and the medium said to us there was one sitting in my uncles Lought behind an old chair, and sure enough there was. I was always totally sceptical of life after death as well mate, but that’s only one of about 20 things that’s happened since his death. Who knows i could be totally wrong but i believe it 100% now. But none offence taken whatsoever mate everyone’s entitled to their now beliefs.

Sydneysider and Sean Daleer like this.
  4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Weirdest one was my Mum. My Mum and Dad split up when I was 7 and both of them * off and left me with my Grandparents. My mum came back into my life when I was 15 but unbeknown to me at the time she only contacted me because she was dying, chrons disease. I got to know her for a year (she stayed in Jersey and I flew back and forth) when she was on her deathbed we got the call to go over to Jersey. My Granda came with me. We were catching a flight that night about 11pm. While we were in the departure lounge I went to the toilet about 10pm and locked myself in a cubicle and sobbed uncontrollably for about 5 minutes. No idea why.

When we got to Jersey I found out my mum died at 10pm that night. Weird.

5. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

That is really weird and I’m truly sorry to hear your story mate. I guess it’s just one of life’s mysteries what happens next. But I’m so sure we’ll see all of those we’ve lost again.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Hope so mate. I know that brings comfort to people. I’ve had so many ball kicks in my life that I’m just not sure.

Also if we get renunited with our loved ones then it stands to reason our enemies will be there as well. That could be awkward as *. I’ve got more enemies than family :giggle1:

Be an interesting dinner that’s for sure.

I’m glad you find comfort though. Anything that helps ease the pain is good. My parents have been gone over 20 years and my grandparents (who brought me up) over 5 years. Whatever eases your pain mate you cling to that and embrace it, and who is to say it isn’t true? Not me anyway that’s for sure.

I would love to see my parents again. Probably crack my Da square in the jaw first time I seen him mind you but after that I would hug him and probably never let go.

7. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I don't believe in anything after death but we after our son was born he had a wee ladybird thing that stuck to his baby swing that he would just stare at while it was on. When he was a few months old a ladybird appeared in our flat, sure it was 3 times. First time was actually on his swing and then one on his changing mat. The only time I've ever had a ladybird in any of my houses and never seen any since.

Screenshot_20210818-084931_Gallery.jpg

Would like to think there was meaning behind it.

8. honda Gold Member Gold Member

As a kid, we had utensils on a hanger type thing. Anyway the cat used to love rubbing up it. Cracking we cat aswel. Got knocked over at 3 years old. Yet loads of times the utensils chimed together just like the cat would rub against it for a few weeks after she was knocked over. Then never again. Weird as *, proper haunted style that if it happened today I'd be out of there so the poltergeist wouldn't get me in the TV. Probably just some weird wind thing I'd never noticed before.

Now its about 28 years later, it was also weird as * allowing a cut to rub against your utensils that you cook with :56:

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I like that one mate. Not as if it was a bee or spider. Ladybirds are really rare. You hardly ever see them.

10. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Our flat was on the top floor(4th) as well at the time, wouldn't have thought as much of it if we were in a ground floor house or that.

Funnily enough another thing happened last week. Was sitting thinking about our dog we lost just over 2 years ago. His name was Snoop, after Snoop Dogg. If you know his song drop it like its hot at the start says Snoop in a long drawn out way. Not long after we lost him it came on the radio and my gf told me to turn it off because it upset her. So last week I was just sitting thinking about him and literally a minute later that song came on the radio. I do think of him quite a lot though, so obviously just a bit coincidental.

11. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Quite like hearing stories about this kind of stuff. As much as I don't believe it, it's nice to have the hope that there is something after and we do get to see people we've loved and lost again.

12. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Three events in my life that lead me to believe there's something in such stories. The third being personal experience.

First was when I was working in Kenya doing Lion conservation my parents came out to visit. Now this was out in the middle of nowhere, no phones or anything like that, when during a meal my Ma suddenly said her father had just died. We thought * how can that be she hasn't spoken to anyone back in Glasgow but she insisted she knew it had happened. Only way to know was to drive back to Nairobi and make a call home.

She managed to get through to her mother who sadly broke the news but couldn't understand how my Ma knew before she had called. Her Ma confirmed that he had died at almost exactly the same time my Ma said she knew.

Second was my Da had a brain tumour which was being removed when he died on the table, very very similar to the video. We thought we had lost him but thankfully they managed to bring him back. After the op in the ward he told us that he knew he had died and went on to describe exactly what had happened at that point by describing exactly what the Dr's were doing, what they looked like and how he could see us in another room waiting for news. Like the video in the OP he said it was like he was out of his body watching everything going on. He was surrounded by a very bright white light and wasn't afraid of whatever lay ahead. He never saw any clouds but heard a voice next to him say sorry this is not your time and suddenly he was back in his own body.

Lastly virtually exactly the same thing happened to me after a botched gall bladder op, a swab had been left inside me and blood poisoning saw me rushed in for emergency op. I also died on the table and experienced virtually exactly the same as my Da had. No bright lights just a sense of hovering over the table listening and watching everything going on. After the op in recovery it was still touch and go as to wether I'd make it and I was given my last rights. Although unconscious I knew I'd said "Father it's ok it's not my time yet you can * off home."

Once awake I was also able to tell my family about the outer body experience and telling the priest he wasn't needed. My parents were mortified that I'd said such a thing to the priest though. :52:

I don't believe in mediums yet a very good friend has had things happen to her which are simply unexplainable. The entire thing fascinates me and only time will tell when my time's up if there is anything in it all. I'd like to think so and meet my family again but who knows.

13. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    I have always felt someone was watching over me since my parents died ( within 3 months of each other ) . Just wee things that happen .

14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

* * mate. Never knew you had been clinically dead that is next level stuff.

I’m not sure if this is true or just a myth but my stepmother (cruella) when my Da decided to come back for 18 months. She had 4 sisters and the day their mum died they said all 5 sisters got shat on by a bird.

I can only confirm it happened to my stepmother which amused me no end.

honda likes this.
  15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

My Great Gran and Grandad on my Grans side both died on the same night. 70 years together. My great Granda died of a stroke and the official cause of death of my great gran was a heart attack. I think she died of a broken heart.

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Check me. The cynical non believer with loads of stories ha.

17. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I definitely believe that there's life after death, 100% no doubt about it.

Over the years, since I was a child I have had experiences with spirit. I've sensed them around me, I smell them too or a get a smell that is a reminder of one of my loved ones that have passed on. I have never been able to hear spirit granted.

Sometimes I get premonitions as well, I'll have a dream about someone having an accident or dying and it's happened....not to the person that it's happened to but to someone else within my family and friends. This was something that both my Dad and my Nana could do as well.

I have attended mediums and received messages that no one other than myself and my loved ones would know, especially when it came to my Dad. That has also proved to me that it's there, for sure.

I've been told I have the ability and should nurture it, I'm afraid to do so....personally I'd rather just keep it at the level I have ...if I'm supposed to be able to tap into it more, I'm sure it will happen.

18. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Had another ladybird appear tonight, this time on our sons blanket. Actually flew off my missus arm right on to his head as well before we put it out the window. Couldn't believe it just days after posting in this thread.

19. Mr. Slippyfist

As much as I’m a bit of a pessimistic * when it comes to stuff like this, I’ve seen a ghost twice in my life, so on that note I do believe it’s real.

20. leeso-ardoyne

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    Garrymac1888 likes this.