1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Hearts V Celtic Sunday17th December 12:30 Sky Sports Football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 13, 2017.

Discuss Hearts V Celtic Sunday17th December 12:30 Sky Sports Football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

How bad is it that Levein said he watched the Anderlecht game, saw them press us, so just used that tactic. So * easy.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Very bad. Every manager can see that Boyata, Jozo, Lustig and Gordon aren't comfortable in possession when pressed.

It's not necessarily a flaw with that tactic as it works well if done correctly, we just don't have the personnel to do it.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  3. Roskopicachu

Twists the ligaments. In other leagues that's a red card. The media folks were just waiting for the red card to come out. Pundit even makes a comment on it not even being a yellow, which would suggest we're in borderline territory. If it's borderline maybe he goes even that early in the game. There are no laws that say you don't give yellows until, well lets simplify it, the only thing you get yellow cards for in the first ten minutes of the game is persistent fouling. When did UEFA bring that in. I think what we're talking about is "discretion". As in, the ref making up his own rules. Giving headcases the benefit of the doubt, fired up. Where are the rules that say, if it's out on the touchline it's not a yellow card, that would be an example of discretion. Did he make an attempt to play the ball, prove intent. Is intent looking into someone's mind, reading body language, what were his eyes doing. All bullshit. Nobody proves intent easily. It's an attempt to stop one of our players running around. Anyway i'd file this next to, "Goalkeepers can punch opponents in the face at corner kicks", as well as another one of those fantastic moments of refereeing "discretion". Prove intent, "Well the guy punched me in the face and got a free kick out if it." The referee will "protect" the referee, not the players. This is the problem with Scottish football and it's been like this forever. At this point the league looks bad because we've got a poor representation of Scotland refereeing football games.

4. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Go have a lie down mate.

Mr Shelby, Fiferbhoy1991 and richardm like this.
  5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Can’t single players out when the entire team shat it when they had possession yeaterday.

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

We got pumped, accept it.

7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I wasn't referring to the Hearts game in isolation. We're lucky we haven't been punished more with the slackness at the back.

8. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye let's blame the SFA and their refs for one defeat in 70.....everything else has been blamed in the last 53 pages so let's roll that old chestnut out again anaw.

If we dont scrape a 6-0 victory tomorrow night some will start talking about relegation or refs conspiracies or blaming our lot on Tanner, Stephen Craigan or Donald * Findlay

9. Roskopicachu

Not blaming anybody. Just making a point that their are the rules, and the referees interpretation of the rules. Now throw in the word "intent" and low and behold you've one of the more difficult things to prove in the legal system, not on a football pitch. On a pitch you either do it, or you don't.
    It would be fairly abnormal for that challenge not to be intentional, although proving intent is impossible a lot to most of the time.
    Anyway the player's looking at the ball, so he knows exactly where it is and he's looking at the ball when he puts the tackle in. So point number 1, he can see the ball.
    Point number two, his studs were up.
    Point number 3, he tackles with the wrong foot and that's the biggest tell out of them all. I'll tell you why.
    He had the opportunity to tackle with the foot that was closer. Instead he's tackled him with his right foot. Jamesy's cut inside and the "tackle" has come in using his outside leg - if you just wanted to halt play, you'd trip him with your left foot.
    It's not the reason we lost, we lost because we went into a powderkeg game too lightweight, and the manager never realized it was gonna be one.

10. Lancashire Nick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    We got absolutely battered, and gave our worst performance in 16 months. To be honest, we haven't been good for a few weeks now.

However, I'm not going to criticise the lads after a 69 game unbeaten run finally is ended. I'm proud of what they've achieved since BR came in.

4 more important games to win, then recharge the batteries with a mid season break, and I'm sure we''ll be fine.

richardm and StPauli1916 like this.
  11. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Aye alright pal :56::56::56::56::56::56:

12. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

:eek1::nonono:

13. RiquelmeCSC

As I explained at the time I meant against their result the day before against St Johnstone when we had lost against the mini huns 4-0

14. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

That doesn't explain * all to be honest, it was our first domestic loss in 70 games & you compare it to their result the previous day.
    Cherrypickercsc.

15. RiquelmeCSC

That’s fine, next time l’l just not say a thing. Obviously there is not a democracy on here. Say one thing and you are automatically labelled a hun.

16. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

You keep deflecting by saying hun accusations are being made against you, find the post, hit the report button & let the admin decide.

If I were to go back over your post history would it be praising / congratulating, Celtic players / coaching staff or mainly digging at them?
    Is it worth me looking because I think I know which way it would be?