1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Hearts 1 - 2 Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jan 22, 2022.

Discuss Hearts 1 - 2 Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. john2061

Its not the point 7 subs means at least 4 mins to be played these mason refs breaking the rules to make sure they get the three points and we all knew beaton would give a penalty to hearts in our game .

2. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Was horrible by the end of that game. We couldn't play a pass, clever or even easy ball. I think McGregor would have made a difference in that.
    I know everyone was quite impressed by Bitton but I think he has that same flaw that soro has to his game where he'll get himself booked so easy.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  3. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Don't like moaning about our Players but I thought Forrest was a man down add in Cheathun an they had a 2 man advantage

4. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    He has the odd flash in games when he does something good. I don't want to bad mouth him because he has been a great servant to the club and is a true Celt but he hasn't been all that great for a long time. Blighted by injuries but he's always had the tendency to be a wee bit lazy at times and is a wee bit of a fearty (understandable) when pulling out of tackles. Is often greedy when he does find himself in a position when the pass would be better. Like the rest of us getting less sharp in his thinking and slower I suppose. I will probably get slated for saying this but I've been consistent in my opinion of him.

Scotia, Cammaris and Pogues like this.
  5. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Biton should have kept his hands down. We would have been screaming for that one.

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

If we want VAR then that is a penalty. The slightest touch on a hand and they give it. There goal would have been chalked off and I'm still convinced at a proper angle souters foot plays giak onside. So even with VAR we would have been 1 goal better off and the huns would have lost 2 points due to a handball off the line and into the keepers arms.

I don't like var the way it takes away celebrations, but it would help us massively.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  7. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I thought we limited hearts to hee haw first half. Their tactics are * atrocious. We're in possession they have every man behind the ball. Against other league teams they'll play more open fitba. Brings me to Ange's philosophy when we played our Europa games and he was saying we won't play defensively because then we will never know how good we really are. And on that if you think back to the early stages of the season and compare it to now it's night and day. We are so calm. Three guys in particular last night,CCV,Starfelt and Hart, who at the start of the season were extremely panicky with the ball when being pressed, are just so much more relaxed and assured. This is across the team though. I thought last night we tried to play the football. First half we succeeded, second half not so much. That's down to players still trying to get used to that intensity for 90 minutes,which I'm sure will come. Overall I'm delighted with were we're going. At the start of the season with all the talk of not winning the league and looking to the following season because we had so much to do I was genuinely so downhearted. Now!!! I would still be so looking forward to next season even if we don't win the league. We have so,so many positives. Still though,we have a * huge chance of doing it this season. Last night was a mega statement. We'd have lost that under Lennon. Maximum points in the next two games and watch us go.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  8. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Totally agree. I'm a huge Jamesie fan but he was very poor last night. He should have been hooked.

9. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    Ah know. But ideally it would’ve been forrest off Abada on. But as you say ange done the sensible thing

10. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Everything you say is correct but we still have the referees to beat. We know that they will do everything in their power to swing everything in favour of the huns. Livvy didn't get a penalty last night that they should have. It's like playing with a stacked deck. We need to find ways of outplaying them without putting ourselves at risk. I think that we can do that with the speed and intensity of the game as we have players who are only going to get more up to speed.

Jacob knows likes this.
  11. oh bhoy

you can clearly see the hearts player barge into the back of biton before it bounced up and hit his arm .dirty cheating orange *!

12. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    We will never beat the referees Jeannie. Never. Even with VAR it will be the same incompetent morons applying it. I remeber a game in particular when trying to stop their 'ten'. The 2 nil game at parkhead when Burley and Lambert scored. Seconds before Lambert scored the ball came in to the box and I think it was Gough who was climbing all over Stubbs. You see the referee(Dallas?) about to blow for a pen but he changes his mind. Why? We all know why. At one nil they still have a chance. My dad has told me countless stories of his experiences with refs and told me my granda used to go nuts at them. We win this league by playing our game and hoping that that is good enough because for me, the refs are the one constant outwith our control.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  13. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Haring is a thug. I'm sure he done one of our players,Taylor maybe, and started getting in Taylor's face when he's on the deck. A clear tactic to avoid a card, possibly a secon yellow as he may already have been booked

14. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Some performance

Maeda
    Kyogo
    Rogic
    McGregor
    Jullien

Still to come in too.....

15. oh bhoy

not forgetting turnbull and ideguchi

bhoy_wonder likes this.
  16. Onefootwonder

The Hearts manager is an unbearable *.

Pogues likes this.
  17. DonnyCelt

Handball or not fact is Bitton was fouled before.

Beathun chose to ignore that.

Dirty hun *.

18. Dip 'n' Swerve

didnt see much of the game only the last 15....

starfelt and taylor seem to waste a lot of the ball in times we needed some stability etc.
    those corners in the last 10 mins are nervy - i still think that if we dont put men on the post next week we are asking for trouble.

hopefully jullien can come into the team this weekend get some game time.

any players who are ready to come back?

forrest is going backwards, for me i cant see him having a future at the club in the next 12-18 months, offers little and does not impact games the way he used to, he makes some sloppy decisions at times.

to get a win next week we need a high level top notch performance, nothing to fear of course but keep focused for the weekend... at this stage every game is as far as we can think and need full points to keep applying pressure.

does jota seem off the boil with all this transfer talk decisions?

big gia, he is scoring but he is doing enough?

19. DonnyCelt

True, but the foul on Bitton seconds before the handball would've had to have been called, so no penalty given.

20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Even more true. Get var here pronto :56:

DonnyCelt likes this.