1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Hatem Abd Elhamed

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Valhalla, Jul 24, 2019.

Discuss Hatem Abd Elhamed in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Inshallah.

The_Bhoy and Seán Mac D like this.
  2. Crilly

Lightning quick down the right flank too

3. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Honestly didn't realise how bad his injury record actually was. Thought it was the Celtic curse.

Probably explains why he was still playing at that level because he's look a proper player anytime he's had a game.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FROM the highs of helping Celtic triumph at Ibrox in September, to the lows of being sidelined through injury for long spells of the last campaign, Hatem Abd Elhamed’s debut season at Paradise was filled with ups and downs.

Despite any set-backs, however, the Israeli defender is confident the peaks well outweighed the troughs, and he was delighted to clinch two winner's medals over the course of the 2019/20 trail – the League Cup in December, and the Scottish Premiership title last month.

Now, the 29-year-old has enjoyed his return to training at Lennoxtown and wants nothing more to return to the fold on matchday.

“I’m really happy to be back, to be back with my team-mates and to start pre-season training,” said Elhamed in am exclusive interview with Celtic TV. “And I’m also happy that we won the championship – we're all happy about that and we are now looking forward to the season ahead.

“I was in Israel with my family when I heard we were crowned champions. It was a very special moment for me. With this type of achievement, you’d like to celebrate with your team-mates and with the fans, but the situation with the coronavirus has made things different. It was nice to instead celebrate it with my family, that was really good.

“It was great to win the league, and the League Cup, so to win two trophies with Celtic in my first season was great. I was obviously injured for some time in the season, which meant I missed out on a number of matches, but I’m happy to be have been part of things.”

It was against Lazio in the Hoops’ historic 2-1 win in Rome on November 7 that Elhamed picked up his most recent injury, which ruled him out of action for over four months. He returned to the Paradise pitch in a 5-0 win over St Mirren on March 7, before the Scottish football calendar was postponed due to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.

Elhamed added: "Getting injured in the Lazio game was a frustrating moment for me, especially after a very good game. I was confident that I would keep going from there and continue to achieve my goal, but that injury stopped me for more than four months.

“The Lazio game was a special night, though, especially with the Celtic fans, over 10,000 of them, away in Rome, that was very exciting. To win the game with Olly’s goal in the 95th minute, it was very special. When that happens, you need to run and celebrate.

“I came back in for the St Mirren game before the football was postponed, and I wanted to keep playing and to keep getting more game time. But the coronavirus stopped everything. That wasn’t ideal but now I feel fit and I’m ready to go for this season.”

Tommy25 and tarboltontim like this.
  5. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Will be a huge boost to have a fully fit ElHamed from the off next season. Might like Rogic be another player who fitness wise might benefit from the extended layoff and finally be truly fully fit. For me I think he was not fully fit when he signed last season and then we rushed him into playing and that I am sure only made it worse. But now we should have him back fully fit and that will be a great boost to our back line as I though he looked very good both defensively and coming forward every time he did play last season.

Tommy25 likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

HAVING not long completed his first season at Paradise, Hatem Abd Elhamed is a relative newbie in the grand scheme of all things Celtic. Still, the Israeli defender is well aware of what the coming season means to Hoops fans far and wide, as the players on the pitch chase an elusive and potentially historic 10th consecutive league championship win.

After three months of at-home routines and solo fitness training during the global pandemic, the 29-year-old full-back has savoured his return to Lennoxtown, to once more see his team-mates and coaches, and return to full fitness with an eye on the season ahead.

“It’s nice to be back with my team-mates and also with the coaches,” Elhamed told Celtic TV in an exclusive interview. “Pre-season is difficult, it’s hard training, but this is our job and we enjoy it. We want to work hard now and then we look forward to playing games again not long from now. To play games – that’s the time that we enjoy most. At training we work hard, and then in the games we can enjoy ourselves.

“This season is very important and I understand it is very special for the fans. As players, we need to make sure that we are up for it and going for 10 in-a-row. We’re looking forward to the next game – the first game, the second, the third and so on. We always look game-to-game, and we always have targets. This season, that’s to win the championship again and to make more history.”

Away from Celtic, Elhamed and countryman Nir Bitton will represent Israel in their European Championship play-off against Scotland – postponed from March 26 earlier this year – whenever it gets rescheduled. The match is as yet without a concrete date, but Elhamed expects a hard-fought game against some of his colleagues on the international stage.

He added: “We need to see the programme, when the game will be, what time and date, and then we need to make sure we get there ready. We are a good team, and Scotland are very strong as well. They have a very strong mentality, so it will be tough – but, I think, we have good determination and a chance to go through.”

Tommy25 likes this.
  7. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    If he can stay fully fit he will be such an asset to us in a 3 or a 4 solid good in the tackle decent going forward.

8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Can’t be relied on in any way but what a massive boost it would be if he could stay fit for a full season.

Sorts out options both right and centre of defence.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Such a good player. Has everything..

Please give us a big season..

11. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It never crossed my mind but thats not a bad shout actually, but as you say it all depends if he can sort out his injury problems.

12. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Aye a lot of people were asking how the * we managed to get such a good player for only around £2 million. One look at his injury record will tell you why.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  13. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I had a long debate on here with somebody about his injury probpems. He has had loads of injuries. Would love for him to have an injury free season as he is a good player.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

moravcik1888 likes this.
  14. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I am hoping that the long enforced break will allow ElHamed and Rogic both to be truly injury free and hopefully have big seasons for us next season.

Tommy25, Rydo1888* and trackebhoy like this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Switched to number 44

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

What gives you that idea.

:43:

HoopyT likes this.
  18. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Couple of the pages have stated he’s swapped 33 for 44 mate.

Dan Breen likes this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

I’m no sure about that.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  20. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Well spotted.
    Just content with RB position now, with both Elham and young Jerry.

MickeyyMack likes this.