1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Hatem Abd Elhamed

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Valhalla, Jul 24, 2019.

Discuss Hatem Abd Elhamed in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Jullien has enough credit in the bank this season..

At both ends there's been a number of game's where he's been instrumental in us getting the victory..

Can't say the same for Ajer..

2. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

At £8M though its not the type of mistakes he should be allowed to get away with compared to a 21 year old still learning his trade but who was also our best centre back last season.

Maybe just coincidence that both have been making mistakes while playing together, I still think Ajer would be best as the sweeper for the back 3.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    It's just concentration for Jullien. When he's focused he's am absolute beast..

There's been time's he's headed everything and kept our defence together from crumbling..

I'd hate to think of how bad it would be if Jullien got am injury..

Ajer has been appalling this season mate. Dreadful time and time again..

4. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I never said he wasn’t a beast in the big games mate, it’s the smaller games where he’s made daft mistakes that have lead to goals or a penalty.

Ajer has been similar, down to concentration and being overconfident. He’s not been appalling at all mate come on, how many goals has he caused? Can’t think of many this season, he’s a young lad and just needs to find his same form as last season.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    He has but we have to remember he's only in the door 6 month's. He's been rattled at places like Livi on that * surface where the ball is hardly on the deck and a few other time's..

Seriously? He's caused a * load directly down to him. There's been * loads this season :giggle1:

I'd have Jullien in everyday of the week over Ajer though. If we had decent back-up then Ajer would be out the team just now..

6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I think part of the change (and there’s a few parts) to going to a back 3 with wing backs was the emergence of Frimpong and the fact Elhamed’s best position looks very well like it would be on the right of a 3.

He’s rock solid but being in a 3 as opposed to being alongside a single partner means he can show a bit more going forward at times, especially domestically.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  7. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Thought Jullien has looked pretty comfortable tbh, or maybe it's just Ajer and Jozo making it appear that way :giggle1:

8. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Has there actually been loads though? I actually can’t think of any but I remember 3 for Jullien - Livi, Partick (penalty even though wasn’t never a penalty), Hamilton, he also had a shocker 2nd half against St.Johnstone.

I’d definitely pick Jullien ahead, I think the trouble is we don’t have the quality behind them to have competition for places.

9. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Gets caught on the ball far too often since we came back from winter break plus a lot of slack play. Defensively he’s solid its on the ball he makes mistakes.

10. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah all three of them have made suspect passes and touches in dangerous positions, got away with them though so hopefully it's just a slight rustiness from the break.

Overall I think Jullien has had a magnificent debut season so far.

neilly1987 and CookieMonster like this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye mate when I mean loads....loads..

Forgetting the goals that have directly came from him....there's been a number where he's been ragdolled and gotten away with it by Forster or Jullien bailing him out. Huns cup final. Motherwell first half he was skinned time and again. Accies away ducks and misses a header and Forster saves him again..

Katic corner Celtic Park. Embarrassing. Cosgrove header. Embarrassing. Accies at home. Big guy ragdolled him for the goal and before that as well with him getting touch tight. Rennes away dragging Mbiang to the floor for a penalty. Killie away he gets touch tight to his man.. then loses him in the box and he scores the header. Jullien rightly got slated for Livi but Ajer was pish as well. He was brutal for the goal away at Hibs getting caught out then turning away as the cross came in and hit off him and went in..

I remember the St Mirren striker turned him numerous time's away..

That's just off my head. There's no doubt been more..

I rate him by the way but he's been shocking defensively this season. Said it before but he's the worst Celtic centre half I've seen in the air. Kelvin Wilson is the other who I thought was a quality player and had excellent recovery pace and slide tackling but he was abysmal in the air..

12. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Honestly i think if either Elhamed or Jozo were fully fit this season Ajer would have been dropped long before we went 3-5-2, and i don't rate jozo in the slightest.

Dan Breen and McChiellini.. like this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Jozo is a donkey and isn't the answer..

Ajer better shape up or his position will be under threat when Elhamed and Frimpong are fit..

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  14. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    As already mentioned, that seems blatantly obvious is the running joke of never seeing him play. Look in the game thread and you'll see the theme.

But you are right, I do post some pish, but on the player no I don't.

15. Jeremie Frimpong

When will he be available?

16. Paty bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo moravcic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    My concern with hatem is his previous injury record, over the last 10 seasons he’s only played 19 games per season on average and I no he would have 17/18 when he started playing but even though he is a specimen he seems to be made of chocolate

17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Probably a week to 10 days going by lennys comments.

Ideal having him back he can play as part of that back 3 when jozo isn’t available

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  18. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    It'll be a huge difference having him available going into Ibrox, i don't know if he'll start if Jozo and Frimpong are fully fit, but he really should.

19. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I would start him before Frimpong AT RB if we were playing 4 at the back, might get away with JF at RB at home or against lesser teams away, but he's poor defensively.

For me a RWB or RM/W is the only option I'd like JF to take.

Even Bauer is a safer option.

Hope to see this guy get a run of games to eradicate any worries about his ability to stay fit and see what he has to offer.

Dan Breen likes this.
  20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Missed him 2nd half tonight.