1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Hartsons Ours

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by lupin43, Jan 7, 2005.

Discuss Hartsons Ours in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. he wouldn't have said that he loves playing for celtic, if he wasn't loyal.

2. Dubsbhoy Banned!

course he would, it's nothing for players to say things like that nowadays there just words and crestkissers are the same its the right thing to say and do so they do it. Watch neill lennon kiss his crest and he can see he means it.

3. BB Banned!

Mo Johnston springs to mind in all this....only difference is we offered more than the other clubs i reckon...

4. Dubsbhoy Banned!

hartson himself admitted there was no concrete offers from any other club.

5. what about nacho novo, a catholic who told rangers he'd supported them since he was 2! probably just to get on their good side, coz he's crap he hopes by saying that the hun supporters wont get on at him! yeah right!
    :rofl:

6. celticfc411

Fav Celtic Player:
    john hartson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    well...perhaps it doesnt have anything to do with loyalty....u look at it ur way, ill look at it mine, and we can both enjoy his goals lol

how much do you think other clubs would have been willing to offer him....i mean if he were truly lookin for money and the absolute best deal out there...culdna he waited till his contract was up and wait for concrete offers to roll in? nd then decide where he was gonna go?

i think in all honesty tho that theres a combination of reasons why he stayed...hes settled and likes it here, and does show some loyalty to the club, and the club gave him the kind of money he was lookin for

but given what goes on in sports over here in the states, where everyone is a hired gun looking for a 200% pay increase every new contract, and hardly spend more than 3 years with the same team....i dono...i saw it as having a tinge of loyalty amid the dollar signs