1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Harald Brattbakk

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Apr 18, 2020.

Discuss Harald Brattbakk in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

In terms of choices, the easiest and toughest of Harald Brattbakk's football career revolved around Celtic.

Having banged the goals at a rate of knots for Rosenborg in Norway, the striker says he had the easy choice of joining the Celts when they made their move for him in 1997.

However, having etched his name in the club’s history books with a goal against St Johnstone that helped stop the 10 in 1998, Brattbakk says he then had one of the hardest choices of his career when he decided to leave

Speaking on a brand new Celtic View Cult Heroes Podcast series, the now 51-year-old told the podcast that he wished he stayed at Celtic for longer.

He said: “There was interest in me from Italy, Greece and France because I was playing really well for Rosenborg.

“In the end, it was Celtic that made the strongest move and I don’t think the negotiations lasted long because they wanted me and it was an easy choice for me.

“I had a good couple of seasons at the club, but the squad was changing and new players were coming in. I felt I was too young to be sitting on the bench, so I moved to Copenhagen to play more games.

“Sometimes you have to look at your own personal career so it was the right move, but I do wish I stayed longer. I don’t think I realised how big the club was worldwide until I left - everywhere I go I see Celtic shirts.”

bobs1974, Rydo1888* and NomDePlum like this.