1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Hamilton v Celtic, Sunday 8th April, Kick Off 12:30

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jack Torrance, Apr 6, 2018.

Discuss Hamilton v Celtic, Sunday 8th April, Kick Off 12:30 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I think folk need to look at the bigger picture though. Yes today was brutal but we won. Everyone would love us to play more expansive football but you have to look at the bigger picture. * are criticsing us for not been pragmatic enough in Europe but complain when Brendan tries to hone these skills in domestic games. In an ideal world we smash every domestic team 10-0 and play swashbuckling football but then midweek flip to been totally solid and give away nothing. Folk have been saying we can't beat Dundee we have no chance of qualifying for the Champions League. That is pish.

Today's game was boring and in parts it was only laughing at folk on here that kept me interested, however until Celtic either don't win the league or don't qualify for the Champions League I won't be throwing my toys out of the pram.( Not saying you have Pogues btw. Just the last post I saw on here.)

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. Pogues

Don't get me wrong StPauli, I'm loving where we are and back to back trebles would be some achievement. Europe will definitely be Brendan's priority, I can see that, and honing the way he wants us to play in Europe during domestic games is fine but I'm not sure having our three centre backs passing the ball from left to right and back again whilst under no pressure is doing that.

To be fair though, I think our squad is so far ahead of anything else in scotland

StPauli1916 likes this.
  4. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I agree mate. Our squad is way above anything else in Scotland and should be producing more. However the criticism has to be proportionate and many on here who talk about the league ever been in danger are either stupid or trolling.

5. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    100% mate. A lot have probably never really experienced the oldco dominating either....for some it'll be a generation thing, others well they have a very short and selective memory.

Having said that it was mediocre today like it's been for a lot this season imo. 2 cup wins and a league one and we've secured back to back trebles. Could be worse guys. CL qualifiers will take care of themselves.

Sydneysider and StPauli1916 like this.
  6. dmac

Performances the second half of the season haven't been what we want to see and the fans expect a bit more, win the treble we will all be singing and dancing because that is what we hoped for at the beginning of the season. There have been a lot of injuries throughout the season that have disrupted the flow of the team and yes we have a squad that should be able to cope with this but at times they struggled to adapt and then we see more of the passing round the back, the players are now back so hopefully we will see a more fluent attacking team and another treble.

7. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    the glasgow Celtic , the timaloys ..easy street to the title.

Sydneysider likes this.
  8. carraigbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Always glad of the win, but I have to say it was another tepid performance against a 10 man Hamilton, we really should be much better than this

9. ynwa1987

The skill from Ncham at 5.37 :100:

Lilac Wine likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Video and Gif in his thread

[​IMG]

Lilac Wine likes this.
  11. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

we are playing well within ourselves and have been for most of the season but in the grand scheme of things it is the right thing to do

injuries and form of players and i guess a lagginess of how we performed so great for so long led to an eventual big dip from where we were at

the possession game we play is here to stay i don't know who said it "if we have the ball the other team can't score" but it's true and is the way the big boys play the game at european level so we must be able to play like this, also because everyone sits back with 10 men behind the ball against us also forces us to play a possession game

i do think at times we could mix it up more however and be a bit more direct at times, i think we are a bit risk averse with the passing in the final third at times as we dont want to be counter attacked and turned on our heels, so we are looking for perfect plays

anybody else get annoyed with sinclair choosing the wrong option by coming inside all the time, it seemed to me he was very reluctant to go down to the byline and kept coming inside all the time which eventually led to ntcham going down the outside instead, theres got to be a mix of getting behind them and playing in front of them cant keep playing in front of them all the time or its too easy for the opposing team

12. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Roberts was good for his first game back far superior player to Forrest, Sinclair wasn't at his best but still setup Griffiths.

13. Bhoyo87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A soldiers song
    Overall thought today was much better than Wednesday night, felt that we pinned them in their own half for large spells of the game and at one point the possession count was something like 90-10.

Was good to see Griff getting his goal and was glad to see Charly getting a run out toward the end and felt Paddy did well also.

Sydneysider likes this.
  14. Sydneysider

Pitch looked treacherous and doesn't improve with age.

Like watching "Bambi on Ice" at times.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I hate that logic too. Even Barcelona have bad results against the weaker teams in La Liga. Means * all in the CL though.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  16. MartinStrange

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    Couldn't watch the game because I was under the cosh all weekend, busy as *, but with my sunglasses on hiding in a meeting room I watched the highlights.

* fake pitch, what are people expecting?

Also Sinclair has been getting it in the neck for ages, including from me, but he was a) excellent in the game and b) the difference between a win and a draw, so fair's fair - when he's on his game and contributes like that, we have a great player on our hands. I fancy him to score against the Huns next weekend too.

I am very confused about the Charly Musonda situation. Also I want / need more from Paddy Roberts.

I am still extremely worried that Rodgers picks Boyata for every game.

Paper talk is that we're there for the taking in the semi next w/e. What absolute tosh. On our game, we will rip them a new *.

Lilac Wine and Sydneysider like this.
  17. MartinStrange

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    Also, I fancy us for the Treble Treble. Which, when i die, will never be done again.

All sights on that, and on 10IAR.

Lilac Wine and Jeannie960 like this.
  18. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    I think we've pretty much given up on delivering corners into the box with the amount of short corners we took yesterday.
    Back in the day set peices were our strong point, even last season we scored a fair few.

19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

No wonder we cant score corners only griff can take a good one. Ntchams are horrendous and sinclair cant get by the first man. We should take a short corner onto a running man who skelps it like a shot across the face of goal.

20. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Not a spectacular performance. However 3 points in the bag.

Saw bits of the game live and the highlights. On the MacGregor goal Hamilton had everyone bar Bingham inside the 18 yard box and on numerous occasions(even with 11) they had every player in a 25 yard radius of their goal. While its their right to play that way, it's * garbage and knuckle-dragging approach to football. Which unfortunately is something we will continue to see and no matter how better we are, it's still very difficult to play through or around (if it's done right).

Both goals were taken very well on a shithouse of a park, which is purposely conditioned to the detriment of our game.

As for Martin Canning moaning about the sending off. Well, I'm * sick fed up of watching teams like this boot * out of the oppositions players, because they have been beaten by better football(mind Neil Lennon talking about it late last year) Likewise, I'm fed up with refs facilitating this pish by allowing players several opportunities to do so, before deciding to book them.

I also look forward to Billy Dodds highlighting the hypocrisy of Martin Canning's comments in the papers and on the radio.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018