1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Guests.......

Discussion in 'Helpdesk' started by Dubsbhoy, Feb 19, 2005.

Discuss Guests....... in the Helpdesk area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dubsbhoy Banned!

Don't think they should be allowed look at threads unless they sign up. Someone exposed the "Tic invasion" thread and i don't think it was any members so it had to of been a guest. * knows what type of spies are lurking on the site and i don't think the should be able to view threads without signing up.

if your a hun guest viewing this thread or the * that grassed us up :93: :93:

2. duffy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    aye i thought that while bk they should not be able to see the threads, there always seems to be a number of guests lurking about

3. Davycelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    there are 25 guests on at the moment - who the * are they?

4. BB Banned!

Phillistines

5. BB Banned!

When someone is having a look around they stay as active for 20 mins..even if they dont do much...they only come off after 20 mins inactivity...thats why sometimes there looks like loads of them...

either that or i am talking pish!!

6. Stephen

i think its the latter BB mate :yeah: , but yeah i think than unless your a member you shouldnt be allowed to view threads or even go into each of the forums.

7. BB Banned!

Actually mate its not the latter....if people go offline without logging out it shows them online for 20 mins...same with guests..all they have to do is go to another site then come back and they will be showing twice...that is a setting in vbulletin that needs to be changed..if its a problem which i dont think it is..

8. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Na I think guests firstly only stay online for 15 minutes if they are inactive. Also as soon as the guest leaves the site then they will disappear from the guest list, therefore each guest is only counted as 1.

More to the point, I agree guests shouldnt be allowed to view threads.

9. Mark

Guests who get to see what goes on in the site are more likely to sign up since they can see for themselves thats we are a popular forum and not some * one with 5 posts to its name. If they saw nothing I reckon a lot less would sign up.

but i can see your points of view here.

10. i agree with Mark here. i think there'll be more members if they know what the site's about!

11. jaradthescot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beattie again. Give the wee bhoy a run, WGS
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Jinky
    I don't like that idea because I like to know what I'm signing up into. i usually browse new forums for 30 or so miinutes looking at old threads, and then if I like what I see then sign up and partake in the action. I've seen forums witht he option that you're talking about enabled and I just ignore them, so :38:

12. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Guests have never been allowed to read threads, although they can see thread titles. When they attempt to read a thread they get the login error.

13. you sure, coz i forgot to log in before and am sure i looked at some of the threads!

14. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Try logging out and viewing a thread and tell me what happens.

15. oh you were right then! caught out again!

16. lupin43

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik and Neil and Jackie and LUBO
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A soldiers song and Viva Espania

yeah but wat bout tall that crap with GT83, some people mite come on see that crap and not sign up. If they cant read the stuff, then u get the real celtic supporters who sign up cus its supporting celtic, not cus of wat they have read or not. and u dont get * like him turning them off

17. Chrissy LFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thompson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE!!!!
    Dunno whether u heard of it but Rugby Leagues Bradford Bulls Official forum had 2 be closed becoz of sum1 like that GT83 *

18. maybe me? i like * of the 'bullshit' the *!