1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Greg Taylor

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 2, 2019.

Discuss Greg Taylor in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

If he plays against the Huns, they'll 100% target him as a weak link. It's just too dangerous..

Plus @McGuire will then drop kick his TV as soon as he sees him fail to beat a man and pass back to Ajer.

seanm and McChiellini.. like this.
  2. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Feel sorry for him, some of the abuse he gets is outrageous at times, he's only trying his best.
    The huns will defo target him though, 100 percent.

Dan Breen, Conlon and martin_d like this.
  3. Maestro 08

Not wanting to go too heavy on him bcos he clearly gives his all but without being too harsh anyone can see he is not up to it. Even if you take away his inadequacies going forward. He still gets bullied and pushed about in tackles and 50/50's. We need far better and if we continue with the 3-5-2 longer term I don't even think he's an adequate back-up. If we ever go back to a 4 at the back then he might do a job as back up then.

seanm likes this.
  4. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Feel the same but I don’t think he’s ready for that game. Who the * is doing the coaching? I think there really is a good player in there and he needs to be shown what to do. It’s not about instinct with him it’s about learning his craft.

seanm and Free the Adblock like this.
  5. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Can we stop with this 'feeling sorry' bullshit? He gets paid thousands a week to play for Celtic, calling him out for not being up to standard is hardly a tragedy now is it?

Yes he tries hard but that's the minimum requirement in most jobs let alone a competitive sport. We paid £3m for him and he's just not very good. I doubt he'll improve much either cause his lack of physicality holds him back, he's no pace or strength at all.

Bring Diego home.

Lewis Kerr and seanm like this.
  6. Celticbhoy17

Think the guy gets a hard time. Yeah he's not the best but he's not the worst we've ever had. Defensively he's good, attacking wise not so much but thats not his fault that as a defender he is beig asked to play basically as a winger. At least he tries, unlike Edouard who has been absolutely * this year.

seanm and martin_d like this.
  7. Maestro 08

I don't think he's good defensively either. He gets out muscled constantly and for the most part whoever he's been up against has had the beating of him.

8. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Hopefully if this Uruguayan guy comes in Greg wont kick a ball for us in any big games.

seanm likes this.
  9. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I was getting so frustrated with him yesterday. Works hard, shuttles up and down the line all day and can actually deliver a decent cross when the ball is played in behind and he's running onto it.

The problem, which is there for everyone to see, is he cannot beat a man to save his life. Most of the time he doesn't even try, and when he does he's invariably just muscled off it. He can't even shift a yard and whip a cross round, when he tries it normally doesn't beat the first defender. He doesn't have the technical ability to go inside and try and play into the feet of the strikers or midfielders and get a one-two.

The worst thing is, the good players tend not to pass to him even when it's on because they probably know he'll just pass back to McGregor rather than create something.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He isn't..

Can't track back. Gets skinned at least once a game..

Any long diagonals and he's all at sea. Gets bullied in any physical challenges..

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    seanm and Maestro 08 like this.
  11. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    So disappointed with him, thought he would have been better than what he has been. Seems like another Jack Hendry.

what a waste of money. Both him Boil have been *.

needs to be back up for league games and that’s it.

seanm likes this.
  12. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    If he plays? He's pretty much a definite starter. Even if we bring in Laxalt he's straight off to Uruguay for international duty, the very earliest he'll be back is the 14th. Meaning 2 days, at most, with the team to get used to the players, system and match tactics before the game. I don't even know if he speaks English. Lenny is not the most daring of coaches at the best of times, he will not throw the player into that match in those circumstances, I don't think.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    If Laxalt turns up pished on his first day on the 17th, calling Lenny la puta, he'll still start..

14. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

You're right tbh, I just feel he offers so little going forward and not much else defensively we could put Elyounoussi there and cause the zombies more problems, especially with two proper strikers up top.

15. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I can't see it, but we'll find out in due course. Assuming we actually get the guy at least.

16. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Lot of bad words about him, but it was the board who sold Tierney, a player who should've been convinced with all available means to stay here. Taylor isn't Tierney, and I know that hurts. But he's better than Braafheid, Naylor or Boli.

The_Bhoy and seanm like this.
  17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The worry for me is that someone looked at GT and thought he could do a job for us, we then proceed to sign him.

Someone also looked at Boli and thought he could cut the mustard.

That's over 5 mil spent on 2 players, neither of them good enough.

Sonic Reducer and seanm like this.
  18. seanm

taylor a panic buy.im 59 and could easily hang out on the left wing and turn back everytime and give the ball back to our midfielders. id put a better cross in too and im not even joking.the day taylor actually takes someone on beats them and sends a pinpoint cross for a goal i will fall off my zimmer frame lol.HH

19. seanm

tierney was pushed out the door to recoup lost CL money.nothing will convince me otherwise.surprised eddy hasnt be sold too for the same reason.HH

20. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I'm just wondering what our recruitment saw when they watched him, how on earth did they ever think that he could play for us ?

The same for Boli, it's mental to think that that's the best we could come up with.