1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Greg Taylor

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 2, 2019.

Discuss Greg Taylor in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Taylor suits 4 at the back more. Boli the 5.

None are great sadly and we need better.

2. david100825

I’d have him over Hayes and Boli but that said he’s not an attacking full back and not a particularly great wing back because of that. If playing a 4, he’s a good foil for Frimpong who is incredibly attacking on the other side.

We can and should have better starting.

3. oldpat

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Taylor is a left full back,in the traditional sense.A left wing back is a different player which probably suits Bolingoli more..Domestically playing 4-4-2 would be my option,with 2 out and out wingers,and 2 men up front rather than isolating Edouard to half chances

4. Cobbs67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy and Danny
    Elhamed has been class for us when he has played at right back !! Missed a fair bit through injury, but the same could happen with a £7 million pound player. No guarantees in football

Mickmac likes this.
  5. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Have to agree about "Taylor suites a back 4 and Boli better as a LWB."

6. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Just last week most were happy with his performances. He doesn't become a bad player because he has 2 poor games especially those 2 games on horrible surfaces where nobody looked that great. I think at times he's a victim of his own eagerness to impress - he's always looking for the ball and never falls out the game like a lot of players do for 5-10 mins at a time (Forrest for example).

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    Fucksake Greg it's "their"...... :84:

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

GREG Taylor is savouring Celtic’s 2019/20 Premiership success as much as any of the players, but what makes this title triumph extra special for the defender is that this is first trophy win as a Celt.

The 22-year-old joined the club from Kilmarnock back in September 2019 but missed out on the League Cup triumph as he was cup-tied. So he is savouring his first winner’s medal with the Hoops in a campaign when he never played in a losing Celtic side domestically.

“It’s an amazing feeling,” Taylor told the official Celtic website. “The feeling today is just joy. It was a hard season, and there were some people doubting us in January but we just kicked on so strongly.

“It’s great for the boys who have done this for the last nine seasons, it’s such a talented squad. The boys raise the bar every single year. They never rest of their laurels, they just keep pushing.

This is my first trophy. I was unfortunately cup-tied for the League Cup, and it was probably more nerve-racking watching the boys in the final from the stands. Still, it was an amazing feeling for the boys to see them win and to celebrate with them in the dressing room afterwards.

"But to have played a part in this league title is an amazing feeling. That’s one of the reasons you come to a club like Celtic, to win trophies and I knew we would do that.

The trophy looks some weight to be fair, but thankfully I’ve had a few upper-body workouts to be fair, so I think I’m ready for it. I’m going to need to blast a few more!

“I’ve managed to be on the winning side in every domestic game I’ve played in, bar one which was a draw. So that’s not too bad, and long may that continue! I’d happily take that going into next season, because it’d mean we won’t be too far away from another title.”

And Taylor praised his team-mates who have produced league-winning form year in, year out, for the past nine years. Knowing how tough it is to win the title, he appreciates just how much goes in to being Scotland’s best team again and again and again and again…

“There aren’t enough words to describe how hard it is to play in all nine winning seasons,” Taylor said. “One, it’s difficult, and two, to do so with such consistency at the highest level is, just, wow. It’s incredible. The performances that the likes of Scott Brown and James Forrest have put in year after year, both when I played against them, and now having joined them this season, is second to none. It’s amazing playing with both of them.

“Guys like Broony, Jamesy and Callum McGregor – the players who have been there for all of these years – are a credit to themselves and the club. They keep pushing out performance after performance and everyone else follows. Boys like myself come in and we quickly follow what needs to be done – and that’s win games and win titles.”

10. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    I still think this bhoy will be a big star for us .

11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He's still young and will improve, I actually think people have been hard on him. I am chuffed for him as he couldn't play in the league Cup final.

The_Bhoy and Dan Breen like this.
  12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Let's see how he develops, I like him but his lack of pace is definitely an issue, especially going forward.

Think he'll be 2nd choice to a new LB.

packybhoy, Dan Breen and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  13. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Any game I watched him he looked to be breathing out his * after about 60 mins, is that the step up in quality or an issue overall? But I would have him ahead of Bolingoli all day long.

packybhoy and Graeme1888 like this.
  14. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Players in their right positions and we will bulldoze to the 10 , thats why if your celtic and get it next season will be a baw hair below Lisbon , im over Tierney and feel no animosity to him now but millions are no substitute for immortality in my celtic eyes . Im well sure not everybody agrees tho .

15. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    agreed JC , the development bit , but I really think we will progress him like others in the last few years .

The_Bhoy and JC Anton like this.
  16. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Its his lack of pace that will hold him back.
    In fairness, we have made a dogs dinner of replacing KT.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He will be the surprise of next season for me from reading some of the comments on him.

I think he’s dogged, good passer, has stamina for days and a lot of the other things we haven’t seen yet will come with time in a Celtic strip. Even potentially pace as we seen with guys like McGeady when their running technique and body shape changed under coaching.

He is a work horse by all accounts and an absolute machine of a runner.

19. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Didn't think much of him a Kilmarnock & seeing him playing for us hasn't changed my mind. Thought he had a really good game up at Perth but other than he has been ok. My big thing with him is the LB is expected to supporter the winger in attack & this guy seems as if he doesn't know how to get by a man.

As you said he may come good so still a bit of time. The problem with this is Boli has been dropped & he is the first pick unless somebody else comes in.

Dan Breen likes this.
  20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I like him.

Very rarely gets beat by his man or let's the ball come into the box. 1st thing you need from a full back.

He isn't blessed with great trickery or pace but has shown he can swing in a decent ball if he gets half a yard on his man. 4 assists in 8 games from when he was started in January til the season was ended.

Boli for all his pace and skill doesn't go by his man anywhere near enough and completely switches off in defence at times.

For me the LB spot is Taylor's to lose at the moment.

Mickmac, The_Bhoy, PaulM1888 and 2 others like this.