1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Gordon Strachan

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by shaun007, Jun 24, 2008.

Discuss Gordon Strachan in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. shaun007

Fav Celtic Player:
    Any Hunskelpers
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The Peole Sing
    Im actually starting to like this guy ! i mean ive backed him from day 1 but now im actually glad he's Celtic manager !

Anyone else the same ?

2. midgeybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    dalglish n larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    good 4 u mate, at least ur honest, i,m the same but i still prefer mon

3. scottbrown8

I have backed Strachan from the start and i think he has done a brilliant job and i think hes better than Martin o'neil as he won 3 in a row and also last 16 2 years in a row which martin o'neil never done and he had alot more money. So i think at parkhead next year the fans should be singing 1 gordon strachan more often rather than Strachan get to * which i never heard when mon never won league so Critics either stick by him or don't go too games have some faith in the man

4. shaun007

Fav Celtic Player:
    Any Hunskelpers
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The Peole Sing
    For me when he was here MON was a gift from * ! but he put us in a * of a financial situation :38:And his last season was a joke imo !

5. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    the wee man is doing a great job

6. Eireann88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon & Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry or You'll never walk alone
    First year he was here we won the league cause of big eck.
    Second year he was here we won the league cause of PLG.
    Third year he was here he nearly * it up and is unable to motivate his team but then smartly brings lennon back because he knows that he can do the job that he is unable to do himself.

I say get him to *, personally i like him as a guy hes quite funny but as a manager hes baws.

7. lennon18borocsc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik, Lennon, McStay, Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over, YNWA
    TBH ive never really been fond of the man BUT you cant knock his achievements as our manager - the most successful manager as far as the big man! Some of his signings have been poor and his tactical decisions the same, but hes brought success to our club and given me some fantastic memories! I do genuinely believe that this guy has celtic at heart, hes put a lot of hard work into the club and he has reaped the benefits on a smaller budget than MON! Lets all get behind him as we bid for 4 in a row and a good crack at the CL!!!!!!! HAIL HAIL

8. wiggle1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    great boss good man, he has dealt with everything that has been put in front of him, and thats a * of a lot in the past 3 years on and off the park

9. Tycho

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ľubomír Moravčík
    I've always liked him. Celtic's football was imo pretty * for his second season and I started to get a bit concerned. Although I think we played better in our three in a row season (keep saying it Bhoys, it doesn't get old) my concerns remained.

Motherwell. Celtic Park. 1-0 defeat. First time in my life I called him a c*nt. Thought he'd lost the dressing room etc, blah...

I got over it (we played 'Well off the park and they were fortunate not to get a * doing) and it all turned out grand.

Glad he's still here but I expect great things (read: 'more convincing') this time Mr Strachan. All I ask for is a plan B ;)

10. shaun007

Fav Celtic Player:
    Any Hunskelpers
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The Peole Sing
    I really don't get this argument ! so we should sack a celtic manager because the huns manager was * ?

How is he baws as a manager ?

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

:56::56::56:

Idiot.

12. daviebhoy88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Clap, Clap, Clap Clap Clap... AIDEN MCGEADY!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing/This Land Is Your Land
    always been a fan of Strachan. I don't know why though.

13. Eireann88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon & Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry or You'll never walk alone
    Naw we should sack the manager because he doesnt have a clue what hes doing!

Look at the amount of players he has brought in for a start, how many are actually good and worth the money that they paid?
    Probably Boruc, Naka, Brown, Hartley, Skippy, Jan & Robson and a couple more

Look at the rest : Mark Brown, Donati, Elvis, Caldwell, Gravesen, Sno, Killen, Kenny Miller the list goes on and on

Then look at the team and how unmotivated it was before he brought back neil lennon, it was terrible.

Bringing back neil lennon was the smartest thing he done this season it made him look good and if we continued to play the way we were doing before he came back there was no way we would have made it to 3 in a row.

14. BringItHome!CE

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    My opinion on him will never change..

15. shaun007

Fav Celtic Player:
    Any Hunskelpers
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The Peole Sing
    Motivating players doesn't mean you'll win the game mate ! You have to have the ability and our players did thanks to Strachan signing them !

16. ConnellyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ľubomír Moravčík
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Which is?

17. Higgins1888

I think hes brilliant hes a great character and a good manager and motivator in my imo. :celt_2:

18. Richmal

* *................what is going on here................give it a few more weeks and some of you will be at it again................trying to get WGS sacked and phoning into clyde saying you were always against him....* *..........you have no idea...............3 in a row..many of you have an agenda against WGS ....either religous or cos he played for Aberdeen.................get a * life................were any of you at Dundee UTD on last day of season.............?...well if you hate him or think he is *....DONT * GO....and * off to some other team like partick thistle...or * Aston Villa wher MON is...................you ARE NOT true CELTIC MINDED FANS.....now leave him alone.................this guy has given us a * brilliant summer...............he has destroyed the huns and we can hold our heads up high..

19. ScottishGhirl

Fav Celtic Player:
    McDonald Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    i totally agree with u. He did leave us in a mess, i think strachan has done brilliant since he came. he doesnt get the credit he deserves from everyone associated with celtic. 3 league title twice in the last 16 surely the board will give him more funds and things can only get better for us.
    All hail the wee ginger man. :50:

20. HOOPBHOY ' 67

Fav Celtic Player:
    JINKY , HENRIK , LUBO , BORUC
    personally I like Strachan as a person and a manager , and although i hated him when he played for Aberdeen he was a great wee player , I think he has done well since he has come to us . He's made some strange signings , bought some * , but has also bought some real quality players and has delivered us 3 League titles , 2 cups and last 16 ch league football twice in three years , how many of us would have thought that when he arrived ???? So carry on the good work GORDON :50: and here's to 4 in a row

:champ: