1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Gordon Strachan

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by James, Aug 10, 2021.

Discuss Gordon Strachan in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Let's be totally honest.

If we were being run competently, with an ambitious board and a majority shareholder who wasn't determined to fill positions at the club by utilising job criteria from the * 70's, ie. Is he Irish, or, is he my mate, or, has he worked at the club before, or, does Peter know him, or, is he * cheap, ....

then Strachan (or his son for that matter) would be nowhere near this * club.

More jobs for the boys.

Ppl can try to negotiate the pitfalls of the utter farce that this is, by rationalising that Strachan won't be near the first team...

... But do you really believe that?

Given who are board and majority shareholder are? Lennon in a shower anyone? CV's in the drawer?

It's obvious that Ange didn't have a * scooby about this "appointment". Told it was happening, and to take Strachan's call.

Strachan is a baw hair away from "technical director, or director of football, or whatever you wanna call it.

It's utterly * shameful. And just another instance in a long line of incompetent cluster *, orchestrated by a twisty moustachioed dinosaur and his straw men in the board.

Peej, Free the Adblock and G40B like this.
  2. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

martin_d likes this.
  3. scootz

Personally I think it’s a bit of a coup getting someone of Strachans experience to look at our youth / women’s set-up.

Sure, he can be a * (can’t we all), but there’s no doubting the man knows fitba inside out and has good contacts.

I’ve no problem with this, but I understand that the moaners gotta moan!

Spring Time likes this.
  4. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    * article 13 ……..

What about that shower of * putting the sponsorship in jeopardy, fans destroying Glasgow, team and fans singing sectarian bile, refusal to do the flag ceremony on the first home game of the season, would rather do it on a game when they play Celtic (no stirring up religious hatred or anything) the SFA have no * balls at all * corrupt to the core.

5. Heb Celt

Strachan cleared after SFA investigation which we all knew would be the case.Just like the Brown celebration investigation.Wasting time,money and resources just to appease a certain section of society.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

DUNDEE technical director Gordon Strachan has been cleared by the SFA to carry on consultancy work with Celtic.

The governing body grilled Hoops chiefs on allegations of a conflict of interest over Strachan’s dual roles.

They told the SFA that Strach had no influence on the management or administration of the club.

They stressed he would only make recommendations from a three-month review of their academy set-up, B-team and women’s team.

Critics of the role — announced by Celtic a month ago and to be completed by November — pointed to article 13 of the SFA’s rulebook, covering dual interests.

It’s believed the SFA view the rule as only applying to ownership and shareholding — effectively direct influence on the running and control of clubs.

They expressed surprise Strachan could be involved with two top-flight teams at the same time.

They are now satisfied that’s not the case with Strachan, who started his career with Dundee in 1974 and managed Celtic between 2005 and 2009.

Last month, Celtic chief executive Dom McKay said: “I look forward to working with Gordon over the next three months, utilising the extensive expertise and knowledge he has to the benefit of the club.”

Strachan said: “I am looking forward to returning to the club to assist in these areas.

“The development of young players and seeing them improve is a real passion for me. I will do anything I can to support the club in these areas.

“I also look forward to continuing my work at Dundee where I’ve established a great working relationship with the manager, managing director, staff and coaches.”

7. James Gold Member Gold Member

His genetics comments should see him chased from being involved within any setup but instead we appoint him to tell us how to improve

8. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Spend more time investigating us for this than the manky secco for anything.

9. oh bhoy

why are we paying someone to look at ways of improving youth and womens teams yet doing * all in a similar vein to address the defiencies in the first team set up

10. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Not in the least bit convinced his remit stops at the youth and women’s teams.

11. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    wait til Monday

12. oh bhoy

that may well be the case which then begs the question is strachan really the man to be doing it

13. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    For me, definitely not, but I’ve been of them view that we’ve been running what amounts to an ‘old boys club’ for years now.

14. oh bhoy

* that ,thats like 3 days away.whats happening on monday?

15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    There literally might not be another candidate more unsuitable to be asking what to do about youth development in Scotland.

James likes this.
  16. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Just because he said that one quote about Scottish players genetics? Yeah let's discount all his football knowledge and experience because of that

17. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    General football knowledge collected at more or less average clubs in Scotland and England doesn't really help him to set up our youth system properly. His hiring is more a job for the boys than an attempt to create modern, suitable structures. We would need advise someone who has experience from a club with a modern set-up and I don't see that in Strachan.

18. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Leigh Griffiths?

19. JamesM09

It's not a punishment because of what he said, he let slip what he really thinks and it was quite a shocking statement to make.

Besides that, we're only speaking with Strachan at all because the board only wants someone that will tow the party line. It's painfully obvious that if we want to thrive as a club we should be poaching someone who has previously had success at the job we're trying to do, not sitting here saying Strachan is suitable because he was good at football.

Peej likes this.
  20. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    He was a good coach I think and has plenty to offer. I take your point however that someone from a more modern set up may be preferred. But to say he is the most unsuitable candidate out there is hyperbolic nonsense.

SwissCelt likes this.