1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Gomorrah Series 2

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Al Bootyerbaws, May 3, 2016.

Discuss Gomorrah Series 2 in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SwoopingVulture

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    What I don't get is how they make millions from dealing in those * flats?

2. Al Bootyerbaws

Just finished series 3 there. Managed to guess who was going to end up dead even the one at the very end. They seem to murder all the best characters which is a bit of a pain in the * but I suppose this is what happens in mafia stuff, Sopranos was the same.

3. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Not too hard to understand. Nearly every bit of coke, heroin, pills, grass. Knock off cars, counterfeiting and general criminality and robbery is directed from the Scampia district controlled by the Cammora and Police are paid to stay away. Mayors, commissioners and politicians are paid and chosen by the criminals. They have total control over 80,000 people in this area and reaching out to nearly every district in a city and surrounding with 3.1m people. Then it’s very easy to make big money. They also control and own a lot of legitimate businesses. The most lucrative is waste management. They pay no money to get rid of the waste. They dump it in a picturesque town about 50miles outside Naples. It is approved by Naples politicians but is an illegal dump. They even drop chemicals and hospital waste here. Over the last number of years the waste has worked into the tap water causing quite a few cancer deaths. They have their hands in every pie from their HQ in one of Europe’s biggest eyesores and run down areas. And the people for obvious reasons protect these guys.

4. SwoopingVulture

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I've read the book the series is based on but i still don't understand how guys that day to day running dealing spots for junkies are pulling in millions every week.

It'd be a better series if they addressed these areas of their operations (like the Sopranos did) rather than making out it is just dealing and shooting. That's my main criticism of the series for me, leaving the other businesses out of it. That and the son's (Genny?) * stupid haircut. That really gets on my * as well.

5. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    That area was, possibly still is, Europe’s biggest drug market. People travelled thousands of miles to buy gear there. Not surprised at all it turns over millions. People dealing from * flats in Glasgow, London and Manchester also make a killing. Drugs will always make money. Plus as Packybhoy says they literally own the authorities and public in a way no gangsters in the US or UK can comprehend.
    Plus the Camorra in Napoli and nearby Ndrangheta control Europe’s supply, they sub deal to everyone from France to Russia to the UK. They are the biggest wholesalers of the most profitable business product on earth.

I think the producers/director wanted to stay away from the nitty gritty day to day of dealing cos it’s frankly boring and they wanted to show the empire building and cut throat politics at the top level of the clans. If you want a show more focussed on dealing and daily lives of dealers The Wire is the best.

Everyone in Italy has the Genny haircut now lol.

packybhoy likes this.
  6. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Producer has actually been under death threat for last 10 years because of what he revealed in the book. Don't think he wants to dig much deeper.

7. SwoopingVulture

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    In the book he starts working in the Naples fashion industry. He's never really involved in the drug business, he just observes it.

packybhoy likes this.
  8. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Observing doesn t get you death threats. Talking does though.

9. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Just finished season 3. Absolutely hooked on this can’t wait for season 4.

SPOILER ALERT

Anyone else think that Ciro isn’t actually dead? Looks like he got shot into the chest but some of the characters have worn bullet proof vests so I was wondering if that’s why Genny shot him in the chest rather than the head?

Also when it shows his body in the water it shows a couple of air bubbles like he was still breathing.

Maybe that’s just what the writers were wanting us to think though.

10. Al Bootyerbaws

Halfway through series 4. Bit different from past series more of a focus on other characters instead of just Ciro and Genaro. Still one of the best programmes on tv.

packybhoy likes this.
  11. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Series 4 was really good.w

trackebhoy likes this.
  12. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Just watched season 4

followed it up by watching immortal . Mind * blown. Can’t wait for season 5 now. Think recording is due to commence this summer

13. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    I have just finished series 4 myself am looking forward to watching immortal, hearing series 5 was delayed due to corona so may be next Jan

Idioteque likes this.
  14. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Immortal was excellent!

All set up for series 5.

15. Al Bootyerbaws

Trying to find the new series on the firestick but no joy. Anyone help?