1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Giorgos Giakoumakis

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Giorgos Giakoumakis in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby

Maybe put an end to the pish Ange treated him like crap though and that was the only possible ever reason for him leaving

The big Viduka likes this.
  2. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

it comes off kind of smarmy like i never made it at celtic but im smashing it at a better league lol

i thought morgan was an ex hun youth or something, anyways

i do think, like he also thinks, that the major league soccer teams would scud everyone apart from us and bigot fc, i actually think they could give us a good run for our money aswell

the yankees are very good at sports, very professional

3. G40B

Lewis Morgan has the same record in the Scottish Championship as he has in the MLS.

86 games in both, 21 goals.

littlekennie and martin_d like this.
  4. TheHappyLoss

He’s spot on Scottish football is pish. Haven’t watched a game right through that we weren’t in for a decade easily. Probably watched a bit of a few Hearts Hibs games and put on the end of the cup final Hibs beat the huns but that’s it. Don’t watch sportscene either.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  5. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

i cant put my finger on exactly why the football got so bad at other clubs but see if you look at the old games pre souness the football overall was much much better than it is now, we as a club and football side are obviously much improved but its the other clubs and sides that seem to have went backwards

That one big club having what seemed like at the time unlimited money to spend and spent fortunes i think had a pretty bad psychological response to the rest in the league and i think the league and the clubs are still suffering from the effects of that, but my opinion is that the football started to get really bad from then on, lots of negativity started to take over in other clubs an anti football to defend against that multi million pound side that was created

Still its the other clubs in the league that dropped their standards and ive not seen a lot of evidence that they want to get back to being good at football, it all seems to be the results and win at any cost that matters most, theres other issues but it doesnt look like anything is getting sorted.

Surely a starting point should be better football will get more fans in at the turnstyle more money from tv companies leading to more money for clubs and then more money to invest in better facilities and players bringing an upward trajectory ?

6. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    The late 80s was definitely a big turning point but teams into the 90s were still winning cups. I suppose they still only really needed 1 decent side to have a bad result as Celtic were pretty *. When Celtic came second again that was the end of it. They could hope one team would slip up but 2 was tough. I think had Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen fought harder in the 90s by the time the 2000s kicked in they would have had strong enough supports to sell out season tickets. When Rangers started spending even bigger in 98 and Celtic in around 2000 they were to weak. I'm sure I remember, but I could just be an old git remembering the good ol days, that clubs really did try and beat us. Still Conservative somewhat but not ten men behind the ball for a few years after. I still believe 2012 was a time some of the clubs should have done better and upped their game. Since then Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen all took home 1 trophy with just as many relegations between them. I don't think it's our fault although they will try and blame us and Rangers, it's their own small minded mentality.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  7. celtic20

Any decent comments about us in there or just him telling us how pish Scottish football is?

8. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    Modern football is about not conceding a goal because you're shitebags
    I'd rather play open football and lose 4/5-2/3 than pack everyman behind the ball and get beat 1-0 anyway.
    The teams in Scotland aren't expected to beat us so I really don't understand why they don't just go for it, it's a free hit.
    I'll take the way we played at celtic park against Madrid over 11 men behind the ball every single time even if we lost every game 3-0, at least we * tried.

James Mc, HoopyT and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  9. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I'm not sure if you're trying to say those levels are similar or that he's clearly improved since being in the Championship?

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Usual *.

I liked him but we are far and away the biggest club he will ever be at. Lucky to have been here.

Whilst the rest of the league isn't great, if teams don't play that way against us they still wouldn't win 95% of the time.

It's easy for us to ask why don't they open up and attack whilst we sit with the best squad and players in the country.

11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Cant believe he's not in squad, cup game at home, good opportunity to play him.

Ange again man, pfffft

12. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Defo in squad for next game now.

13. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    He's not wrong .
    Don't see a problem with that.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  14. cammy07

This. I’m sure there is a long list of players from European clubs lining up to complain that we aren’t and haven’t been competitive enough for them in the past 10 or so years.

Every so often you’ll come up against a smaller team who will open up and try and have a go, but generally teams with a fraction of the budget with far inferior players won’t go all out attack against us as it would likely result in a cricket score. Not really sure what he expects to be honest.

NakamuraTastic and Mr Shelby like this.
  15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    His attitude will catch up with him it already has in that respect as he’s no longer at Celtic and playing in the champions league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Ex player. Who cares

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Tbf he didn’t say much wrong.

Our league is a joke.

NakamuraTastic and Rydo1888* like this.
  18. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Also- if they played more openly, we wouldn't have a need for a tall striker. It's these parked buses that create a need for the likes of Giakoumakis, and Oh.

Fontaine and NakamuraTastic like this.
  19. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    He was asked a question...he gave an honest answer....
    What the * is wrong with that !

20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

That he's a whiney we * and came across as one? Just being honest, what's wrong with that.