1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Giorgos Giakoumakis

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Giorgos Giakoumakis in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

Hmm..

I can see the logic of both these players being signed on relatively low wages and promised an increase if they perform well.

I hope we don’t go back on our word because it will affect us trying to do it again in the future.

Assuming it’s true, we need to either get them their move or give them a salary matching the rest of the squad.

neilly1987 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  2. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    We’re in a position of strength due to the length of his contract

That will be two new strikers needed then, maybe the Korean boy is coming in with a view of replacing Giakoumakis or maybe Ange just wanted him in regardless. Either way we need to replace Giakoumakis with another physical specimen.

neilly1987 likes this.
  3. celtic warrior

He's contracted until 2026...he's hardly in the drivers seat regarding improved terms in that respect.

If he's not happy then his contract status will mean we could hopefully achieve a reasonable £12million for him as bare * minimum, less than half that then gets used to bring in the young lad from Korea....sell Juranovic as well for hopefully around £10million and we are already in a strong position to be spending on improving the overall quality of the squad.

4. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I dont like selling players in January unless they are * ones

5. celtic warrior

I would agree under pretty much every single manager previously to Ange, but for the time he's hear I do have faith in the club sourcing the right players.

But of course, January is always difficult to sign players and Ange has already set the bar so insanely high with the previous January window he's had.

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Oh well. Looking forward to seeing the new big Korean guy who can score a penalty :fear:

Shame to go as I was really starting to like him. Most likely bullshit paper rumours. However, with ange looking to sign the Korean boy, there may just be a hint of truth. Kyogo is still number 1 for me anyway.

Hope N Ur Heart likes this.
  7. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I love him but I don't want players here who want to move on.

If he feels we're not offering enough and thinks he deserves more, we either up or offer our he moves on.

Realistically, he's 28 and if we want decent money we sell him now or in the summer. Same for Juranovic.

I know it sounds obvious, if he or others go, we need to replace them with better so we move forward.

8. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Hopefully this is just paper talk

Rydo1888* and neilly1987 like this.
  9. Mr. Slippyfist

If I was to guess, I’d say he’s more * off about being unable to hold down a regular starting spot as Big Ange simply refuses to give him considerable starting time over Kyogo.

Apart from that, the only “reputable” source I see running with this story is the Daily Record - the same “reputable” Scottish news outlet that has been whoring themselves out to the second coming of Jesus aka “Mick” Beale, actually advocating and proclaiming “Bealeball”.

10. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Considering his contract situation you’d think the rags would be reporting across the water not surprising though.

11. stew37

No reading into any of this or believing it til something happens. The tabloids talk a load of *. They're currently promoting a nobody that's become Sevco's new manager so it's only normal that they should also be talking * about our players.

neilly1987 likes this.
  12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Operation attempt to upset celtic so new * manager doesn't go 30 points behind.

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I do agree with the above posts.....although I do think there's likely an element of truth to this story....the club in turmoil with no assets and never out of court, have a new Pep in charge and their players are signing new contracts..

Makes you laugh..

14. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Love you big Zeus x

15. leeso-ardoyne

This! It's been all positives about the Huns these last few days in the media so time to start chipping away at our good feel factor as always with them *. Best thing we can all do is laugh it off , call it out and if there is any truth into the player does want a move away then we wish him well. Wee Rise above that Hun Media *.

stew37 likes this.
  16. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

This is exactly what Ange meant when he said players will now start to come and go.
    GG is 27, similar to Juranovic, so if theres a decent fee behind this, then i'm in.

What i would say is, that if GG does go then i really want us to push the boat out on another striker. Someone with real capability of being a CL level asset.

Morcombe and Skelleto like this.
  17. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Can't really blame him imo. He's a good player and he needs more game time and deserves it imo. But i am confident that we could get better than both him and Kyogo.

They don't score nearly as much as a striker provided so many chances should do. As said above, a CL class striker would score ridiculous amounts in this team. Dembele / Edouard would score 35-40 goals in this team.

If we land a really good striker, we will be in for something special.

18. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    He's such a big asset more for his physical presence in the team, we don't have that elsewhere and the Korean boy whilst tall isnt perhaps built to go up against Livingston's thugs.

Hope he stays

Morcombe likes this.
  19. Cringer67

Perfect time to sell in my opinion anyway. He’s at an age where we can command a great fee and get a better player in. He’s not the answer to take us to the next level, and whilst he’s fine for domestic football, we can surely aim our sights On a better striker. It’s suits the business model perfectly too. Sell him and juranovic for £20m+ and go again with the core of the main squad still there. We shouldn’t stand still here.

Skelleto likes this.
  20. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Would be disastrous to sell him mid season. He has a habit of scoring important goals, game-changing goals.

We don't even know if his potential replacement - if there is one - would hit the ground running.

There's a Champions League windfall at stake here.

RabS and Blochairnbhoy like this.