1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Giorgos Giakoumakis

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Giorgos Giakoumakis in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ange said players where getting a week off after we fulfilled all the obligations of Sydney and the players would all meet up in Portugal so probably about right

2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

If your travelling all that way to aussie land your needing some time spent there. * all that travelling with no down time. Good call by ange.

KennyBhoy87, James Mc and elbhoydo like this.
  3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    If you’re there for at least a week, you need time to adapt back to Scotlands time, because jet lags a *.

Have you ever done night shift then day shift in the one week? It feels like you’re that drunk ye want sleep but not mwi way. I’ve done it on and off last 3 months and it’s mad.

never realised how it makes you feel until then.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  4. EddieBhoy1986

Socceroos fans * about Rogics national team form always puzzled me, what they were expecting flying him there and back midweek I'll never know. The Japan lads have it tough aswell. Long haul flights are a *.

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Our fans * bout him when he was playing for us a Saturday, Australia on Wednesday and us a Sunday saying ‘but he’s in first class he’s paid enough to deal with it’

Always * me
    Off that

EddieBhoy1986 likes this.
  6. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    What a strange place he's at :giggle1: Looks like Disnay Land at the beach. I guess that's that stupid palm thing in Dubai in the back, where your window is about 1m away from your neighbour's :giggle1:

Should have gone to Greece instead :D

NakamuraTastic and Dan Breen like this.
  7. EddieBhoy1986

Would love to put some of those fans in 1st class on a 22 hour flight ask them to play a game of football the next day, then back on another flight for 22 hours to play another game of football the next day and see how well their mind and body holds up.

Ridiculous that was asked of Rogic or any player tbh. I know Reo mentioned jet lag from his long haul flights back and forth to Japan played a part in his fatigue last season.

NakamuraTastic and Liam Scales like this.
  8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Daily record on the attack saying he is leaving in January despite having a deal to 2026 * me man these * are portraying Celtic in turmoil to suit their agenda

9. PaddyJamieson

Not gonna link it but Record is running a story that says we're disagreeing on contract terms and he's likely to leave in January.

Could be trying to stir unrest but I wouldn't be massively surprised if it's true. I love the big * but i do think he's a player we could improve on and I think Ange will feel the same.

Going to be an interesting month.

10. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Surprised those * have time to write stories about us as they’re too busy wanking over Ian Beale

Sgt Neppers*, NakamuraTastic and Wllm like this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Giorgos Giakoumakis is poised for a shock Celtic exit in January.

The Scottish champions have been unable to reach an agreement over an improved contract with the striker. Talks have been on-going but unless there is a significant change of heart on either side then a suitable compromise is unlikely to be reached. Celtic are also in a similar position with Croatia’s World Cup star Josip Juranovic and are ready to cash in.

There is already strong European interest in Greek international Giakoumakis, who still has a contract until 2026. However, he is unhappy a new deal can’t be agreed. The frontman dropped his wage demands significantly to make the move from VVV-Venlo last year but it was on the understanding his terms would be improved if he had a successful first season in Scottish football. Celtic have offered a pay rise but it is still significantly short of where the 27-year-old feels his salary should be.

He made a slow start to life at Celtic because of Covid and fitness issues but finished the season impressively with 17 goals to help the Hoops seal a dream double. Giakoumakis’ return of 13 strikes from 21 Premiership games was the division’s joint highest. He has already hit eight goals this season but Japanese star Kyogo Furuhashi remains Ange Postecoglou ’s main striker with Giakoumakis making 14 of his 21 league and cup appearances from the bench.

Postecoglou has already made it clear that if players are not happy at Celtic then he will not stand in his way. The Celtic recruitment team are already actively looking at a possible centre forward for the January window. They are also likely to sell Juranovic and have already all but lined up a replacement in Canada’s World Cup defender Alastair Johnston from Montreal Impact.

Celtic have also agreed a deal to sign Yuki Kobayashi from J-League side Vissel Kobe.

12. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    We've signed him and JJ up on peanuts with the promise of an increase if they've did well. Probably offered a very little increase imo. Reminds me of Lawwell

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Disappointing if true as I like him and hes scored loads for us, as well as being that different, physical option..

His link up play can be poor and when he's in and out....he can be rusty as *. I can imagine him no liking being second fiddle either too much..

Hope he stays..

neilly1987 and NakamuraTastic like this.
  14. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    I'm sure we have contingency options..

If he wants to go, sell.

AdamRS likes this.
  15. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Wants out this morning, we're in for a big Korean striker by the afternoon.

Ange doesn't * around.

neilly1987, Blochairnbhoy and honda like this.
  16. PaddyJamieson

Aye I love him, will be really pleased if he stays. He offers something totally different for us and has scored some big goals.

But do I think we can improve on him? Aye. In fact CF is probably the position we need improvement in most right now when it comes to moving up to CL level.

Interested to see how this plays out. Comforting to know that if he does leave Ange will have a replacement lined up already.

Rydo1888* and McChiellini.. like this.
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye I like both our front men but do think and hope we can go for one that's a level above both..

I trust in Ange fully anyway..

AdamRS and PaddyJamieson like this.
  18. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Extremely disappointing if true. Time will tell

19. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    If he’s signed a contract till 2026 then he’s not in a great position to be making demands.
    I think a player of his type is a good option to have and he’s been decent for us overall but definitely not irreplaceable.

greengrocer, Rydo1888* and AdamRS like this.
  20. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    I remember being in Tokyo 2 days after a flight and then at 1pm in the afternoon - BOOM - I had to lie down for a few hours as totally wrecked - happened back in the UK too on my return as well.