1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Giorgos Giakoumakis

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Giorgos Giakoumakis in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic

That's the problem, before he/we really truly maximise the potential of the player he will be gone.

2. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    Don’t disagree but that’s the trading model - if we have any chance of competing at top table we need only look at Ajax. Sell 2 guys to one club for 130 million, realise limitations of revenue base, use money well on youth and repeat.

We can’t spend 300k a week on proven players. It’s unpleasant, but reality.

3. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Unlike the big man to miss a chance like that, out of all the players in our squad, he's the one I'd want it to fall to.

Would start him at the weekend against St Mirren.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I want him to be starting in Europe, just think he offers us more of a threat up top in these games.

5. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    So close to getting his goal with that effort man. Was gutted for him. Agree now that he deserves a start in some of these games.

6. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I want him to start in europe as well. I think that we would of won that game if he started.

7. Foley1888

He had to score that first chance and watching back the highlights he should have scored right at the end too. He actually misses the header and the keeper punches it of his head, if he just wins the first header he likely scores as it would have had enough on it.

He does offer a lot when he plays but not sure I trust him to put away the big chances at that level. The first one simply has to hit the target.

8. celtic20

Must be getting frustrated at his lack of starts. St Mirren away was the perfect opportunity to get him involved more.

9. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I really feel for Giakoumakis. His confidence and self belief must be getting eaten away
    by the management not showing enough faith in him to start games.

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    And yet he didn’t when he came on. The way they defended, we had no answer to getting anybody in the final 3rd involved.

Him and Kyogo together, maybe had 5 touches at most between them. That’s a breakdown further down the pitch. St Mirren’s tactics full scale stifled us.

And as frustrating and annoying as it was, I’m majorly impressed by how they done it.

11. DdoubleD

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    lool
    Why should he start games? What has he done to deserve to start? Miss sitters? Not like he is scoring goals he has been honking in front of goal for the past fortnight.

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    So if we’re judging players on the last fortnight alone, he’s been positions to score to miss ‘sitters’ to a more noticeable degree than Kyogo? Who also hasn’t scored in the CL games, or today. With more minutes on the pitch?

I’ve no preference between the two, I go back and forth on it constantly. They’re both quality, consistent and so very different. But what a ridiculous judgement of a player this is.

Because guys usually get into stride with more minutes, and the more they play the more they finish the chances they’re making. People are going bonkers over the St Mirren game. It’s * mad.

13. celtic20

He came on when we were 2-0 down with about 20 minutes to go. The game has a totally different dynamic than it does at the start as everything gets a bit desperate. It’s naive to think he would’ve been just as ineffective starting the game.

14. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    The longer he spends sitting on the bench the more his sharpness and confidence will decline n misses will increase

Patrick Bateman likes this.
  15. Patrick Bateman

And I can't see him being happy being a bench warmer for too much longer.

He needs a few starts to find his form. Ange has a few headaches like this, but with the run of games coming up after this international break I think it's great to have options.

Skelleto likes this.
  16. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He’ll get plenty starts, hard to drop Kyogo when he’s 6 goals in 7 games.

If took his chance against Shaktar reckon he would of started, think the challenge Ange puts to them both is pretty simple, if you’re scoring then you are starting.

17. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Yep and is also becoming abundantly clear that Kyogo is first choice no matter what. Was fantastic v huns n Madrid yet finds himself on bench again.

18. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

You've been here long enough to know this happens with virtually every defeat on here mate, barring the COVID season where there was an agreed apathy/comedy about how * we were :giggle1:

Liam Scales likes this.
  19. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Should have started yesterday regardless. Was never a game for Kyogo against such a physical side, intent on parking the bus on such a * wee park. Manager has been here long enough that he should have known that.

Was similar story at Kilmarnock, yes we ended up winning 5 - 0 but Kyogo had bout 6 touches in 1st half

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    It’s naive to think one player, when the full teams performing like it did, would get the chance to make much of a difference. We weren’t working the guys up top into it at all.

Wllm likes this.