1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Gies a RB..

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Thumb, Jun 21, 2019.

Discuss Gies a RB.. in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Gumny..
    Reasonable fee quoted(4-5m), and wants a move away..

McGowan did say he's a option.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It might be but Lenny did say it was ridiculously well out or something at the time or McGowan..

Whatever it is it needs sorting pronto..

3. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

it feels like us being tight with contracts and deals lol

i think i remmeber from years ago lawell saying words like as long as the epl transfer window was open it was extremely difficult for us to sign good players because they all were waiting and wanting deals to teh rich premier league

it seems pretty plausible tbh

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Gumny or Stephen O'Donnell..

There's literally no * left..

Fantastic offers. In Pedro we trust :fear:

The Thumb likes this.
  5. clonbhoy

I think it might be the time to pay the premium myself!
    However, if they deliver us a top quality right-back in time and on a reasonable deal they will deserve plaudits and if they don’t...

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For once it might be time to just get this done and offer an extra 5 if we have too..

It's getting to the point where we look at bit ridiculous if another right back ends up knocking us back..

We need it in, juts get it done now Celtic..

clonbhoy likes this.
  7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Honestly we're cursed in that position, wouldn't shock me in the slightest if tierney left and we signed his replacement the next few days:56:

8. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    We need a right back in before Tierney moves because it will add about £2/3 million on to any target. Literally get a right back in and I'm happy the now.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I get what you're saying mate but everyone and their granny in World Football knows we are desperate for a RB...we were considering giving Danny Simpson a week long trial fs!

If we have to pay a premium to get the right man in because of how badly we've neglected the area and how well-known it is then so be it. It should be a catalyst to change things going forward.

The alternative of remaining rigid in negotiations and turning every transfer into a game of chess as we fail to get our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th choices risks qualification to the Champions League and starting next season strongly.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Might be an indication KT is a goner now that we're fairly confident of 3 in a week..

Window is close to closing in England by then as well..

11. clonbhoy

I am not disagreeing, I just think this reaction that we have missed out on another one is a bit premature here.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Hopefully you're right but I think the reaction is always going to be cynical to such comments given the regularity that our transfers seem to stall.

13. CountyDownFaithful

5 days until the season starts and we have a weaker squad than last season. That’s a fact.

Waiting on the right quality coming along...

Talks have stalled...

We are moving down the line with a few...

Same stuff every year. We are going for 9 in a row and then 10, I really thought this would be the year we would make a statement and get our squad in order early doors.

14. clonbhoy

It’s certainly understandable! I have been cynical about the situation myself on here. I just took the language used as encouraging here.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  15. Mike B MikeyBhoyy

Absolute spot on. This should have all been wrapped up early doors. Its not like weve known for 2 seasons we would need a right back...

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  16. Dazzler86

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    "Waiting on the right quality" is the one line that makes me laugh. Surely wouldn't be that hard if the bench mark is Ralston. * me if we're struggling to get any better than Ralston we'd be as well just chucking in the towel now. He said he wants 1 before the weekend and 2 before the next qualifiers. Over to you Lawell.

Fontaine and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    You can see the cynical side of it - it does look like we are waiting on KT moving on before we do anymore business and Lennon is stalling tactic for the board.

With cash in bank and the income we generate it really shouldn’t be the case.

Squad is significantly weaker than last season and to be 5 days before the start of the league season its gross negligence imo.

Lennon has been in the job temp since 24th February and permanent since 25th May here we are on 30th July and we are still several players short.

18. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

Thing is we are always playing catch up for some reason every season and you
    Get the same happy clappers who still have a go when you have some constructive criticism towards the club when they are clearly failing the team on the Park.

100% we have been weaker each window for the last 2/3 seasons and we haven’t addressed the situation.

For me we are still a centre half down after having Benkovic on loan I really do think that the new guy is going to be our first choice right back and I hope we will get another one in.

Fearing the worst if Boli is going to be our only left back if KT goes, not saying he is not good enough just think he will need more time to settle.

Holding player would be fantastic and if We are still going by what Lennon said he wanted was a forward.

But the realist in me thinks we will have to wait for any signings and the good old excuse will flow.

Dazzler86 likes this.
  19. Jeremie Frimpong

Finding a suitable right-back should be straightforward. Even the most superficial approach would yield results:

• Start with a list of all of the right-backs in [Ligue 1 and Ligue 2].
    • Discard all of the first-choice right-backs who play for clubs [1-5] and are unobtainable and all of the right-backs who play for clubs [25 to 40] and are substandard.
    • Filter the list for desirable statistics until [five] right-backs are left on the list.
    • Repeat the process for other countries.
    • View footage of those players.
    • Watch the [five] most impressive players in person if possible.
    • Approach target number one's club...

Artorias and CountyDownFaithful like this.
  20. clonbhoy

Ralston isn’t the benchmark though! At least I hope not! I would imagine it is to find a younger Lustig.