1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Garang Kuol

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Henrik 07, Sep 17, 2022.

Discuss Garang Kuol in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Another youngster Postecoglou has been linked with is Australian forward Garang Kuol. The 17-year-old scored four goals in his first seven games for A-League outfit Central Coast Mariners and has just been called into the Socceroos squad for two friendly games against New Zealand.

And Postecoglou said: “He is definitely a talent. In my generation a lot of immigrants settled in Australia from a European background and some of our best footballing prospects came from those families.

“It’s a similar scenario now with a lot of immigration coming from African nations. They’re bringing their love of football to Australia. Kuol is one of those who is forging his way and there’s real talent coming through. Both him and his brother in Germany are very talented footballers and hopefully they continue to progress because Australia will benefit.”

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. Damnati

I'm convinced.

It's nice to feel like there is a semblance of forward planning going on.

Hammy89 likes this.
  4. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Don't normally bother much with highlight stuff, but that boy looks exceptional.

5. Keano88

Looks decent for an 18 year old aye.

Newcastle linked with him the past few days.

6. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    A player like that would thrive at celtic under ange, looks like he can play over the entire front line, even as an attacking mid.

Just hope Ange can pull of that amazing aussie charm and smile to get him over.

Hammy89 and Skelleto like this.
  7. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Seen a few places saying he'd agreed terms with Newcastle in the last few days.

Looks some player though and would be ideal.

8. StrikeForceRed

this is the only Garang Kuol goal for me.

ffs ok on closer inspection this is his brother Alou. sign both of them.

9. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He looks a greedy wee *.

10. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Highlights of him look very good.

lots of potential, glad we are looking ahead.

Since he has just turned 18 couldn’t we get this over the line and loan him back.

11. DdoubleD

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Going to be hard to get him tbf.. Pretty sure Newcastle are the favs to sign him..

12. StrikeForceRed

could allways get in early before the hype, and sign the 3 younger brothers?

13. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

These are the type of signings we’ll make in January, young players with potential. The squad is now strong enough we can start adding the young fringe players for the future.

14. Mr Cleansheets

Kinda gutted about this as he plays for my local club, Central Coast Mariners (where Tam Rogic came from) and has been amazing. He will at least be with the Mariners until January.

If he has to leave then I'd love him to go to Celtic - hopefully to be loaned back till the end of the current season. I've watched every minute he's played in senior football (there aren't many of them). He's still yet to even start a senior match but has already been picked for the NT after a series of stunning performances, including in the A League Selection v Barcelona - who he ran ragged. Has a goal for every 30 mins in senior football.

Has incredible pace and touch - great foot speed - but what really sets him apart from the crowd is his finishing. He's so composed for a teenager and absolutely lethal with either foot. Often shoots first time while the keeper is still setting himself and has an uncanny level of accuracy for first time shooting.

It's a big call but I'd rate him the best Australian prospect since Harry Kewell.

Something very odd going on with his apparent transfer to the Toon - possibly complicated by agent shenanigans and his brother (apparently) the subject of an arrest warrant. * knows what's happening but, as far as I know, he's not signed with anyone. I also doubt Ange's genuine interest in the lad as the article I read linking him with Celtic was entirely based on Ange agreeing with an interviewer that Kuol was a good player.

It's reported that he's been offered a 4 year contract by NUFC at 25k per week. Hard to believe for a kid who turned 18 last week, but yeah... he's very special. If that offer (or anything near it) is correct, I can't see him in the Hoops.

Keano88 likes this.
  15. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Looks insanely good. Hope it happens

Taylor1 likes this.
  16. totti-88

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,let the people sing
    Ange not over in Australia just now with some club officials? Surely if we are interested and I think we will be there maybe some talks will take place over the coming days?

17. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Kid was in the Australian squad, so who knows, Australian manager maybe let Ange come watch a sesh or two to run the ruler over him.

Hammy89 likes this.
  18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Looking at the Aussie squad, if he’s no a star already, patch it. Loads of * SPFL players and Jason Cummings doing an aussie accent.

@Mr Cleansheets will appear soon, to tell us how better he is compared to Jota

19. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Kids 18… but if you are good enough then you are old enough.

One of the disappointing things with the A-League is that they don’t give these young kids a go. Problem is when they do, they get scooped up by a European team, lobbed in their junior program, then come back to Australia 2-3 years later, no better off, if anything worse off because they miss 2-3 years developing against men.

I’m not sure what the deal is with this kid, hasn’t started a senior fixture yet, played only as a super sub. That in itself sets off warning bells.

If we were to be interested, I’d want to loan him back with a caveat that he starts or gets a minimum of game time. Then bring him over next year, rather than sticking him in our pish B team set up.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Looks a player..

How much would he cost?