1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by littlekennie, Apr 18, 2011.

Discuss Game of Thrones in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Heb Celt

Well said,i enjoyed first episode.Still best program out there.

2. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    ILTC hit it on the head for me, has gone from must watch to ill still watch it because its been great in the past, bit like the walking dead or Lost. They need to split up the episodes better and switching between plots.

The ships burning at the end there as well means she isn't getting across the ocean any time soon!

3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I thought the same. Stopped watching it season 5 episode 3. Seen the new season was out so marathoned it and back into it. Maybe I just needed a break. Since I marathoned it I never got confused trying to remember what happened previous series and who was who :56:

4. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Are people expecting too much from this TV show because of the heights it'* in the past?

I thought it was a very good catch up episode which basically shows you what everyone is upto.

There can't be a 400 man battle every episode.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Exactly. Overreacting doesn't even cut it.

And I'm not having that comparison with TWD. I watch that every week when it's on but Game of Thrones is on another level. It's far better.

6. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Yes.

It isn't a bad show. It's just come down a few notches from what was an outstanding show. I think it I was just beginning to watch it now I would be doing so with a mild passing interest, unlike the must watch TV of seasons 1-4.

For me it used to be the best show on TV as far as plot goes. It feels very dumbed down lately. Only one episode into the season so can't really moan about it, but slightly worried that we'll be in for a repeat of season 5.

7. AnnoniOnAnawNoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    She could fly? :smiley-laughing002:

8. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I think they've probably gotten to the stage now where they just don't have nearly enough screen time to include everything they should, or focus on any storyline with any real detail.

It's expanded out into so many seperate storylines when before it was quite neatly packaged into Lannister, Stark, Targaryean and Baratheon. Now you've got Dorne, Jamie and Cersei, Sansa and Reek/Theon with Breanne and Pod, Danaery's and the Dothraki, the dwarf and the bald guy, the two blokes trying to find Khaleesi, Jon and the Geordie at the wall, the Bolton's in Winterfell. Probably loads more I've forgotten about. Thinking about it it's impossible to fit in all these storylines, with 1000+ pages of book into 8 and a bit hours of screen time.

9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    i think its the morbidness of it now like its as if theirs no light in it at all for instance all the death ......spoiler...... surrounding the starks and not one jot of vengeance has been done think the ending of season five made people very sick and tired of it and the needless killing for shock value aswell like stannis burning that girl didnt happen in the books and their was no real reason or point for him doing it

10. Fatface

Series 5 was the darkest yet. I was a little disappointed the first time I watched it, there was a lot of supposition going on without moving the plot along very much. But I watched it again recently when the box set came out and enjoyed it much more for what it was, dark and strange.

It can be frustrating at times but then so were the books where some of the stories took forever to unfold.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2016
  11. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

It's probably the most over analysed TV show ever. I know people who are massive fans of it and don't actually enjoy it cause they care too much about does x make complete sense and why didn't this happen and where is person etc. Just testament to how good it really is. People love to say the previous seasons were better cause of nostalgia and * like that. If that episode was the first in a brand new show people would be saying how great it was.

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    That's one thing that has been annoying me I must admit, I'm desperate for the remaining Starks to get their * own back:smiley-laughing002:

I suspect it will happen surely, sooner or later.

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

So, in essence, folk aren't happy with the good guys not winning yet? :56:

Sign of a good TV show that, I remember the same thing happening for Lost. Everyone getting their knickers in a twist because it didn't end as they'd wanted.

14. AnnoniOnAnawNoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Revenge is a dish best served cold and the starks will have their fill eventually :50:

15. Matt_20

Aye awright Ramsay you're just saying this because in the last two seasons you've become invincible, able to beat the best warriors of the Iron Islands whilst shirtless and able to * up the entire four seasons of Stannis' campaign with the famous "twenty good men" by setting a few * tents on fire. Ramsay has as much plot armour as Daenerys at this point.

The writing's gone downhill because they don't have the same material to draw on, it's as simple as that. They were given in-depth nuanced character arcs for the first four seasons and they adapted the vast majority of them well, now they've just got outlines to work with and it really shows.

16. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Aye two are locked up and the other awol!

17. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I was referring more to how each season began to get progressively worse.

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Do you feel the same for GOT?

I think season 4 was the best, personally. Then 2.

19. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Season 4 was great, season 5 average. Hopefully its not started on a downward trend, so we shall see with season 6 but I think it will be average again, hope to be wrong though.

20. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Was speaking to my mate who considers himself a big Game of Thrones fan and he had never heard of R+L=J.

Are there any other legitimate fan theories that people believe in?