1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fraser Forster

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by JC Anton, Jan 13, 2016.

Discuss Fraser Forster in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TimFloyd Gold Member

* it, pay it :giggle1:

He is vital, wins points for the team

I can't be arsed going back to this one * keeper after another carry on.

He commands his area and the defence trusts him.

Dae it, sign him.

2. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    No question for me Forster is the number 1 priority for us this summer. Now if Southampton really want Ntcham then I would happily do an exchange with us getting Forster and Elyounoussi in return. Wages would be the key stumbling block I think but maybe the transfer fees could get adjusted in a way that each player gets an extra signing on fee and then just fit into the higher end of our normal wage wage structure.

MagicBallBhoy and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  3. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    CELTIC could be ready to break the bank to sign Fraser Forster on a permanent deal.

Parkhead chiefs are looking at potentially BUYING the former England No 1 from Southampton.

Until now Celts have been in talks over extending his loan deal that ends on Tuesday.

However, SunSport understands the nine-in-a-row champions are looking at what it would take to sign Forster for keeps.

The 32-year-old still has two years to go on his megabucks deal but Saints are looking to cut costs and that’s seen Parkhead chiefs step up negotiations in the past week.

Joe Hart has been linked with the Hoops as Forster’s possible replacement and it’s understood his agents have put his name to Neil Lennon’s side.

But the Celtic boss’s No 1 priority is striking a deal for Forster, who is also keen to play his part in the ten-in-a-row campaign.

Lennon is also eager to land attacker Mohamed Elyounoussi and he’s part of the ongoing talks.

Saints are interested in Olivier Ntcham but it’s not yet certain the French midfielder will be part of any deal.

Meanwhile, Celtic WON’T be moving for winger Ryan Fraser as he eyes a six-figure weekly pay packet to stay in England.

Bookies have made Celts shock favourites to snap up free agent Fraser but personal terms rule that out.

Arsenal, Spurs and champions Liverpool have been among other clubs linked with the Scotland star.

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Hopefully just pish paper talk about Hart or we're trying to force Southampton's hand..

5. Foley1888

Bring him home and that would be a great start to our transfer dealings!

I would see Ely signing as a bonus but FF is a proven quality keeper who can be the difference and if it is remotely possible to get him we need to do it.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  6. saltire78

The biggest stumbling block to this is there's no * way we got those 2 players for Ntcham... these aren't spfl/Scottish championship teams looking for a pound to scrape by. Even * sells for real cash down there...

7. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Sadly your probably right but we will see if either or both Forster really want to be at Celtic as that would give some hope of a deal if they were pushing for it.

8. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Southampton will consider loaning out Fraser Forster for another season when Celtic make their approach this week.

The Scottish champions want the 6ft 7ins goalkeeper to help deliver a tenth title in a row and will also look to re-sign Forster's Southampton club mate Mohamed Elyounoussi.

Like Forster, the Norway international winger spent last season on loan at Celtic too and his inclusion in the deal could see Celtic midfielder Olivier Ntcham join Southampton.

The south coast club expect to lose Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg and Mario Lemina this summer and former Manchester City midfielder Ntcham, 24, is among their targets.

Forster, 32, has two years left on contract and his salary is beyond Celtic's ideal wage ceiling but another year's loan could suit all parties.

Celtic have also considered free agent Joe Hart and Wigan's David Marshall but Forster is manager Neil Lennon's first choice.

10. StevieBhoooy!

I’d be happy with another year loan if it’s on the table...

I think FF is key right now to making certain the ‘10’ is secured...

Plus.... I want to see Messi’s face when we make it to the group stages and get drawn against Barca (again :34:)..

Something like the Spanish equivalent of

“awww *! Naw him again?!?”

The_Bhoy and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  11. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Typical Celtic.. so slow in completing a deal that every fan wants to see done. With the TEN on the line it makes it all the more important that we have a solid keeper for this season.. The big fella has never let us down and if we don't get this deal completed then surely another club will come in and pay Southampton what they are asking.

And we need to tell all clubs that when our window closes we will NOT be accepting any bids for first team players.

12. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Dont even think our window is open yet

Seán Mac D likes this.
  13. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

weve a good history dealing with southampton im hopefull, well get the 2 for ntcham

ntcham on his day is a £20m player yeah i know he hasnt done it for us since dembele left but i think the bags of talent he has and his age being only 24 i think theres a good chance of this happening, wages for elonoussi and forster being the only stumbling block

14. mayo

For me a keeper is the most important player on the pitch. Get it done Celtic

The_Bhoy and Dublin Celt like this.
  15. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He was good last season . Lennon got him out his huff

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Hardly slow.

The window isn't even open until Wednesday and our first game is a month away.

Given that Southampton are still finishing their season and they might want to have another look at Forster given his rave reviews, I think it's a bit melodramatic to go tonto right now.

He's on £70k a week and Southampton will want to recoup as much of that as possible on a loan or even better, get a transfer fee and shift him off the wage bill. They will be in no hurry to just snap our hand off for offering to cover 50% of his wages (if that) for another 12 months and effectively be writing off £1.75m of their own.

17. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    You should tell Stephen Rochford that

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

18. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    For me hassenhutl won't give him a sniff, which is madness considering what they have and gave Shane long a lengthy extension

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic face an almost impossible battle to sign Fraser Forster permanently this summer due to his extraordinary Southampton contract.

Football Insider can reveal for the first time details of the five-year deal the giant keeper penned in the summer of 2017.

A Saints source has explained the agreement is worth £5million a year, equivalent to just shy of £100,000-a-week.

That is worth three times more than the salary earned by Celtic’s top earners Scott Brown, Christopher Jullien and Callum McGregor and is a jawdropping sum for a Premier league third choice keeper.

Given Forster, 32, has two years remaining on his Southampton deal, there is little hope of the Scottish 10-in-a-row chasers signing him full-time.

The economics of the deal, in light of the pandemic, make it virtually impossible as Forster would also command a transfer fee of around £10m.

However, a second consecutive season-long loan is firmly on the cards.

Celtic would need to pay a contribution towards the keeper’s Southampton wages rather than all of them, as well as a multi-million pound loan fee.

Significantly, Ralph Hasenhuttl signed a new four-year contract earlier this month and he has no plans to bring Forster back in from the cold.

The shot-stopper had plummeted to third in the goalkeeper pecking order at St Mary’s Stadium before he rejoined the Hoops on loan last August.

The number one a position has been held by Alex McCarthy, 30, either side of the lockdown.

The Premier League club also have high hopes for Angus Gunn, 23, who was first choice earlier in the season before losing his place.

20. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The article fails to mention Forster's willingness to take a wage cut.

Tommy25 likes this.