1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

For once, I'm pleasantly surprised by the boards ambition...(Maybe spoke too soon)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Thumb, Jul 10, 2019.

Discuss For once, I'm pleasantly surprised by the boards ambition...(Maybe spoke too soon) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Nope they haven’t! Not one of their signings would get near our team!

They have 40 players on their books and are losing cash in bucket loads!

2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye he personally seen them against Oldham and Marseille I think :fear: haven’t seen much of him on here during the treble treble!

3. Cringer67

If you’re happy with our boards ambition then I applaud your optimism. There’s a lot of our fans who can’t see past those green and white tinted glasses. Hopefully I’m mistaken and we go and spend an another 20million.

4. oh bhoy

Lawwell has already told everyone what's gonna happen no major rebuild needed,might get a rb

5. Cringer67

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    You’ve swerved the question as swiftly as a politician, and then created a strawman argument based on nothing, because you don’t know my view.

7. Cringer67

Aye that’s right, I’m concerned about our team and that automatically makes me a hun. Classic.

8. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Tbh this whole 'huns have strengthened' argument only stretches so far. Heard it every window now for 4 years.

We can only weaken our own position of strength, and while we should have had a RB in last summer or January, I'm still happy to wait for one of decent quality before panic buying any * just to appease the fans who constantly compare ourselves to that circus across the city.

Tim-Time 1888 and StPauli1916 like this.
  9. Cringer67

I’ve seen all their signings plenty times. Other than the Swedish centre half. I maintain they’ve strengthened. What exactly am I swerving?

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Why not answer the question first time round then? Instead of swerving it. When have you seen them ‘plenty times’? Who did they play?

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    They've strengthened a bit but as usual it's hysterical on here because we haven't done our own business, YET..

Suddenly they're great and we're all of a sudden pish, won't be bringing anyone in and they're favourites..

Do people no get bored of this pish on here..

Tim-Time 1888 and StPauli1916 like this.
  12. Cringer67

Your question was rhetorical that’s why. Well, it’s how I took it anyway. I’m not going to list the games in which I’ve watched their players. I have no issue admitting that I watch all football and believe a couple of their signings are decent players. It doesn’t make you less of a Celtic fan. Although some on here would argue that.

13. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Not what i said, none of their signings make them favourites of anything. Sure Aribo and Helander improve them, but neither would get in our squad.

14. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Unfortunately in recent history, we have always seemed to be blighted by injuries. I guess thats just a product of the amount of games we play.
    Not only depth to cover injuries, but depth to compete for places in the team.

15. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Just all opinion, i never stated id take any of them in our team so i duno why you are trying to argue that.

Hastie was lauded by well fans and he defo isnt slow. If you think that i highly doubt you have even watched him. There was interest other than Rangers.

Regardless they have still added and have more options and depth and, in any case, we should be adding to reach the CL group stages. We do the same * every year by leaving it late before bringing players in or not bringing in players in positions we are short in.

Your assessment of Helander is bizarre, not even gona analyse because im not even trying to hype their players.

Judging a player on one performance also. Meh.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    bhoy81 likes this.
  16. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    We are going to end up panic buying a right back cause we have * it once again, or end up getting another loan skim the massive * crack that’s been left from not replacing Lustig in the last 18 months.

We hear the same roll of excuses each year, we tried, hard to do deals at this time, players not at their clubs, waiting for champions league, wanting the right player ext

We should have had someone in by now it’s neglect of duty from the very top.

The management is hoarding cash and the playing squad is suffering.

I’m just * angry with it all!

17. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Window is open til September, and when the English window shuts it should at least stop is getting outbid by their clubs.

I mentioned that we should've had one in the last 18 months and I'm as frustrated as anyone as I lost faith in Lustigs ability a while ago now. The Huns are irrelevant to all of that though...

18. bhoy81

I don’t like talking about them zombie * pigs at all, but they have strengthened this summer and have got better in the last year or so and it really did show last season.

I’ve seen a few forum members talk about this now and it was close last year and if we don’t get it right this window it will be even closer this year.

Unless Lawwell gives Lennon more money to add quality we will end up seeing him gift wrap them * the league, like he did in WGS last window.

We simply can’t be complacent, the old co done it with us and we stopped the 10 it can happen the other way about.

I pray tae * we sort out what we need this window, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

19. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    So many also forgetting that there is a bigger, more pressing matter and thats the Champions League. Its not all about us vs Rangers.

If we just concentrated on how we should have been doing, we would be far out of sight and not worrying about a title race this season.

We need players to make the group stages FFS. We were a mile off it last season. We got beat off a team who never managed a win when they made it.

20. bhoy81

September is too late, we should have had someone in by now.

If we end up * it like last season for the champions league it’s gross miss management once again.

It’s not like the board and even the management don’t know what we needed this summer.

We don’t need to constantly be looking for a right back in England though.

The zombies won’t be irrelevant if Lawwell * it again and hands them a life like like he did with WGS last window and they ended up winning 3 in a row and kept a float for a while, they would have been out of business long before they died in 2012.