1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Flags for the Juventus Game

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC-X, Feb 4, 2013.

Discuss Flags for the Juventus Game in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MaaaaaarK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Efe ambrose
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Maybe the club should do something they've done nothing like that for ages.

2. JC-X

I think it should be left to the fans, to be honest. The club provide the football, we provide the support. Club won't do it for this game in any case.

3. JC-X

Yeah. :smiley-laughing002:

4. JC-X

Got a retweet from Charlie Mulgrew about this. :icon_mrgreen:

[​IMG]

5. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I wont bother bringing a flag.

Scotland's only CL representatives stadium will be decked in foreign flags for a game the whole world will be watching. Green and White saltires would be magic but we all know that wont be the case

6. BhoysInGreen

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura. Current: Van Dijk/Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry, Willie Maley
    Nice work JCX!

7. JC-X

They're not foreign flags, they're part of many of our identities, part of Celtic's identity and for many there the flag of their home. Anyway, here's not the place to get into that. Why don't you bring a saltire, mate? Some people will. Celtic seems a strange choice of club if you don't want to see the tricolour being flown.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
  8. JC-X

Thanks, mate. Thanks to everyone who's helped get this going as well.

9. Millerntor

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif][if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> What's the laughing smiley for?!

The ‘no colour’ in the GB 111 was no more from the diet huns game so there will be the usual array of flags, two sticks and probably one or two papermills and displays in this part of the stadium.

Will be good to see the rest of the stadium do likewise with flags, as it would be any game.

10. JC-X

Ah, I added the bit in brackets in an edit. The laughing smiley was about the flag idea as it seemed a bit mental at the time. :smiley-laughing002: Realise how that may have come off; my bad. I know the 'no colour' has ended and that the GB will have the place rocking.

11. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I dont mind the tricolour flown, its part of our identity and I respect that but our Scottish identity is never given any thought in my opinion.

12. Pearse67*

Fair play to yas for tryin to organise this lads, hope most of the stadium embrace it:celt_2:

13. JC-X

I'll be bringing one anyway, mate, sure others will. Hopefully you do the same, it'd be nice to see some.

14. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

If you want to see green and white saltires so much then take your own ffs no one's stopping you.I think it would be good to see some more of them,but if it's only an attempt to pander to those who criticise the 'Irishness' of our support I'm utterly against it.

15. JC-X

:50:

16. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Would look class but as mentioned it would be ruined by the usual door faced * that, imo, have ruined the atmosphere at football all together. Feel like a * when you stand for more than 30 seconds after a goal at matches.

Unless your in with the GB or in the very back row it's * at games.

17. JC-X

If you let people like that dictate what you do at matches the atmosphere would be non-existant. I think this is why we need a safe-standing area. * them, stand, wave your flag & sing at the top of your lungs. If you're sitting in silence at a Champions League knockout game at Celtic Park, you're doing it wrong. :smiley-laughing002: Everyone I've spoken to about it has loved the idea. :50:

18. made in ireland

Despite my previous comments and my doubts over the likelihood of this being successful- at least you're trying to do something and attempting to be pro-active.

Fair play to you JC-X. :50:

19. made in ireland

To be fair, that has always traditionally been the case amongst the Celtic support and at matches.

As others have suggested, why don't you take whatever flag you want?

20. JC-X

Should be easy enough to pick up flags at the ground if you don't already have one. Celtic shop are doing green Champions League flags as well.

Cheapest place to get tricolours, saltires, etc. is probably amazon. Just search "Ireland" or "Scotland" and "For All Occasions" (name of seller) - £1.90, no postage cost - 5ft x 3ft flag. :50: