1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Flags for the Juventus Game

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC-X, Feb 4, 2013.

Discuss Flags for the Juventus Game in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC-X

Anyone heard anything about plans for everyone to take a flag along to the Juventus game (I think to add some colour and atmosphere in lieu of a tifo like we had for the Barcelona game - as far as I'm aware GB are no longer organising them due to their problems with policing at matches)? I've heard talk of it from some of my mates and seen some people post about it on Twitter. Anyway, premise is simple: if you're going, bring a flag (y'know... the usual - Celtic, Tricolour, Saltire, Catalan, Basque, Green & White, Union Jack, whatever :tongue1: - easy to find outside Celtic Park/elsewhere and don't cost a great deal, maybe £5 at most). If everyone gets behind it, it'll be spectacular. If only a few do it... ah, well, Paradise'll be thunderous anyway. If you're up for it, tell anyone you know who's going to do likewise & post it on Twitter or whatever.

I must stress this isn't my idea so don't bite my head off if it's */give me credit if it's brilliant. :smiley-laughing002: :50:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
  2. JC-X

[​IMG]

:smiley-laughing002:

3. made in ireland

There was talk of it in the match thread I think.

Sounds like a great idea, but unfortunately I just can't see it happening. A lot of people who go to games these days (it would seem) can't wait to moan at people standing, singing or having too much of a good time. Can you imagine them with flags?!

4. Wanyama67

Won't happen. Simple as that. There will be far too many part timers/glory hunters there - the type who moan and whine for the full 90 minutes about people singing and standing. Funny ain't it? They never seem to mind when people stand at league games.. It's almost as if they're not at those games.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
  5. JC-X

True. I think it was just an idea for pre-match (when we had the tifo). That said, the Beige Brigade tend to be a little more tolerant on these occasions. :smiley-laughing002:

6. JC-X

Maybe. If you're interested though, bring one along, tell your mates to do the same, etc. Worst that can happen is we only have a wee bit more colour around the stadium. :50:

7. made in ireland

No I understand that, and I think it is a good idea.

But, for the reasons I mentioned, I just can't see it happening. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people will just think it's not worth the hassle of getting moaned at by the same people who constantly complain about standing etc.

8. JC-X

Fair enough. :50:

9. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If the word gets round enough, it will happen. I don't think you could say that it won't happen because of people complaining about standing, singing etc.- there certainly didn't seem to be much complaining when everyone at Paradise lifted the roof for the group stage games. It'll be the same for Juve. Everyone there will want to create an atmosphere.

10. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

It's not like people are just going to be standing there holding up their flags when the game is being played,before the match and at half time or whatever it could add to the atmosphere,everyone stands at these times anyway so anyone moaning and greeting about a flag can get *.

I'm not even that bothered though,I think it's just one of those Facebook 'share and get everyone to do this' things that no one is really too serious about.

11. made in ireland

There was unfortunately.

I hope you're right though.

12. JC-X

If we want to do it and take it seriously we can get it done and a lot of people will be up for it if others take the plan seriously. I don't think it's fair to just say it's a Facebook thing that no one will go for. Everyone loved the tifo the Green Brigade organised, it shouldn't really matter if a display's put in motion by another group of fans. Just tell your mates, post it on Celtic forums/twitter/Facebook, etc. and word'll get round. Even if only 20% of people do it, it'll be amazing. Here's hoping, guys. :50:

I'd second this. Passion's will be high, people will want to get behind the team - this is one way to make an impact on the opposition visually. I've not doubt the atmosphere before and during the match against Barcelona helped spur our players on and unnerve Barca.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
  13. JC-X

I've posted it on Twitter to get the ball rolling. Might as well give it a go. Doesn't really require any great effort so if it fails miserably it's no great loss.

14. bogsidebhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooper, Izzy, Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    [​IMG]

Would love to have something like this with the whole stadium.

15. JC-X

Looks brilliant. I think it'd look even better with all the different flags flown around Parkhead on match days. Let's try and get it done, lads. :50:

16. Wanyama67

I'd just save your time and effort and just don't do it. If you honestly think some part timer will let you wave a flag beside them, then you my friends, are insane. I wasn't even * allowed to stand when Tony Watt was bearing down on goal!

17. JC-X

Similar idea to these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Stobes1888

That would look brilliant at Celtic Park. :50:

19. JC-X

We wouldn't have had the tifo and one of the most memorable nights in our history had the Green Brigade taken that attitude. As I've said, worst that happens is it doesn't happen, and that's hardly a great loss. Doesn't require any real effort at all, as each person only has to bring themselves, a flag, and tell their mates, and it'll work. The only thing blocking this is people assuming it won't work. Be a bit proactive. :50:

20. Pearse1888

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I'd rather prefer green n white scarfs than flags jmo