1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fitness and weight loss

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Gercelt, Jan 31, 2016.

Discuss Fitness and weight loss in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Anybody ever try them slimming tabs?

2. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Have been dieting myself cut down on sweets and only order food twice a week now and being eating hardly any meat expect for the occasional bit of chicken already only drink water expect on a Sunday when I have a big glass of coke with me dinner :smiley-laughing002: haven't even drank this year I don't think and being slowly smoking less

Makes * all difference :56: :56: :56:

3. TimFloyd Gold Member

What the ones that make you * yourself with out warning if you eat too much?

Or every other "slimming pill" that is just pure caffeine in order to suppress your appetite and shake like a junkie?

4. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    the fasting diet is working wonders with me been doing it for 3 weeks and losing about 2-3 pounds a week.although mines is slightly different.

5. Mr. Slippyfist

Stay away from all that *, pits ye in the mindset that something else is making you lose the weight and not you.

6. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Wouldn't touch them myself I'm not that fat :smiley-laughing002: anyways I try and not take any tablets bar if me head is melted I'd take a salfodian was just curious if they worked or not

7. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    Does that really matter mate? If you're losing weight then that's the whole point surely?

8. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Have people tried making themselves sick after they eat? I hear it works wonders.

9. Mr. Slippyfist

Well if you want to keep the weight off successfully for the long term instead of the short, then aye it does matter.....unless of course you're more than happy just to take pills and send waves of diarumpus through yer * every tine you over-indulge a bit.

10. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Intermittent fasting is a good one. I am not completely convinced by a simple calorie deficit, your body will adjust after 2 months and then you will plateau.

Eat clean, don't starve yourself because your body will just feed off muscle than fat. Exercise more to create a calorie deficit. If this is walking to work, cycling or just doing more.

Weight loss is like diminishing marginal utility, will start off fast as you shock your body but it will adjust and weight loss will slow.

11. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Why would the body start using muscle for energy rather than fat. it does happen but only when you start to get around 2-4% body fat. At 21 stone he's certainly in no danger of that.

12. TimFloyd Gold Member

Of course it matters, it's not just about a quick fix losing weight for a few months because 99% of the time you will pile it back on and more.

You (not you directly) really need to learn nutrition by trial and error and what works for you in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

And above all that you need the will and determination to want to do it and come to the realisation there isn't any shortcuts or quick fixes.

13. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    It is irrelevant at what body fat % you have the body if starved goes into preservation mode, it turns to muscle which can be metabolised faster than fat.

A weight loss program should be about long lasting effects, to create a long lasting effect exercise should be at the forefront not just a calorie deficit through eating less, your bmr will just fall in line with it.

Its why once people stop dieting and eat like they used to the weight piles back on.

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Losing weight is a simple equation of consuming less calories than you expend. So you either lower calorie intake or burn off more. Difficulty is making that interesting enough to keep going with it regularly - that's different for every person!

15. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    yup the body only goes into preservation mode at low body fat percentages. It's not like consuming a 500 deficit and exercising everyday is some fad diet. Once you get to your goal weight all you need to do is start eating those 500 calories which would take you up to 2000 calories a day to maintain that weight.

16. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

[​IMG]

17. Henke102

Cut out all the stuff like bread, pasta and grain based products, stick to white meats, salads, fruit and vegetables, stick to that and exercise alot and you will lose alot of water weight initially and then start losing body fat. Worked for me anyway, takes discipline

18. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I do that within the fast diet. Everyone has their own way with the FD but essentially it works the same. I have got to where I want to be around 8st 5Ibs and if I gain a pound or two I go back to 2 fast days and it's gone the next week. Essentially I'm stuck on 8st 5Ibs as I don't seem to lose any more. I think my body has just found it's level but like anyone else if I start pigging out I know about it.

19. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    Work out your calorie maintenance and eat less than what it is, it's that simple really. Alot of * get themselves worked up over these strict diets that you're suppose to go on but it's a load of *.

20. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    You don't need to cut all of that out. As long as he eats the correct number of calories it won't matter what he eats.